1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rtx 2080 multi monitor

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by illdrag0n, Oct 14, 2018.

1. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    Excuse me if I missed it, but some of the earlier driver reviews with the 2080 indicated massive power draw with the rtx series with 2 screens even after fixing it for single monitor. Does anyone know if NVIDIA had addressed this yet?

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC
    i get around 23w power draw using two screens on windows. Nothing untoward during gaming, about 260ish, according to gpu-z

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  3. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    Yeah, the numbers below is what concerns me (albeit with an older driver set)

[​IMG]

4. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    bump, whats everyone's 2080 idling at on the latest drivers. Mines still sitting at 1515mhz base clock and wont downclock.

5. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    Looks like i fixed my own issue. Apparently it's a known feature of multi monitors on Nvidia cards.

I managed to fix by installing Nvidia Inspector and right-clicking the "Show overclocking" button in the bottom right corner. Select Multi Display power saver and change your settings there.

Core and memory clocks are now much lower, as well as power consumption and temps