RTX 2070 thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by pharma, Oct 15, 2018.

1. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    That doesn't tell me the name of the game? Thanks anyway, I should have asked before purchasing...

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    The zombie one? Pretty sure that's World War Z.

jaggerwild likes this.
  3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    the game looks better then the movie!!!!! :D

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    looking at
    ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 EVO V2 OC

if my 2070 super bid doesn't go well

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    The 2070 super bid i didn't win ( very nice evga xc ), however i noticed amazon are unloading a lot of the Turing cards under the 'used, like new', 'used, very good' so i went for one, it's amazon so no worries, could of had a nice gigabyte but i wanted the damn thing ASAP so i took msi super ventus oc, it was cheaper too, £445.
    445 folks, not too bad and also it's amazon so easy return if needed, i haven't gamed on pc for years so screw waiting couple months more.
    If the 3070 is nice maybe i'll get one, if i'm playing a game that needs it then sure i'll upgrade.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    I have yesterday recieved my dp cable for my second monitor. My main is running at 165 Hrz and my secondary at 144Hrz. The thing is that now I have raised the secondary from 120Hrz to 144Hrz my idle clock went up from 450 to 1140 any experience guys with idle clocks behaving like this because if I set back my seconday to 120Hrz it goes back to 450

edit: Decited to run it at 120Hz now my clock is idlle 300

Feels like a Oof because I bought the dp cable to get the 144Hz on my second rip thx to Idle clock

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  7. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 960m 2GB
    My 2070 super xc ultra is running happy at 1440p. For now I don't need the 3080. Runs both my monitors fine at 1440p and gaming is a treat.

Whenever my step up from evga comes in, I'll grab my 3080. Till then this will do.

8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Are things really this bad with the GPU market? For various reasons I currently have two 2070supers. One in my main gaming rig and one sitting idle. So I decided to have a look to see what the thing is worth. If I remember correctly I paid around £600 for each of these cards just over a year ago. It seems that folk are trying to punt these things for over a grand now. The ones I could find where being advertised at £1300 by obvious resellers while main etailers seem to be totally out of stock. Could I seriously sell one of these cards even below these stupid prices and STILL make a decent profit a year down the line? I have never seen anything like this before in the tech market.

9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Wonder where these warehouse size mining farms are getting their gpus?