RTX 2070 thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by pharma, Oct 15, 2018.

1. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    That doesn't tell me the name of the game? Thanks anyway, I should have asked before purchasing...

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    The zombie one? Pretty sure that's World War Z.

jaggerwild likes this.
  3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    the game looks better then the movie!!!!! :D

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    looking at
    ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 EVO V2 OC

if my 2070 super bid doesn't go well

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    The 2070 super bid i didn't win ( very nice evga xc ), however i noticed amazon are unloading a lot of the Turing cards under the 'used, like new', 'used, very good' so i went for one, it's amazon so no worries, could of had a nice gigabyte but i wanted the damn thing ASAP so i took msi super ventus oc, it was cheaper too, £445.
    445 folks, not too bad and also it's amazon so easy return if needed, i haven't gamed on pc for years so screw waiting couple months more.
    If the 3070 is nice maybe i'll get one, if i'm playing a game that needs it then sure i'll upgrade.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    I have yesterday recieved my dp cable for my second monitor. My main is running at 165 Hrz and my secondary at 144Hrz. The thing is that now I have raised the secondary from 120Hrz to 144Hrz my idle clock went up from 450 to 1140 any experience guys with idle clocks behaving like this because if I set back my seconday to 120Hrz it goes back to 450

edit: Decited to run it at 120Hz now my clock is idlle 300

Feels like a Oof because I bought the dp cable to get the 144Hz on my second rip thx to Idle clock

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  7. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 960m 2GB
    My 2070 super xc ultra is running happy at 1440p. For now I don't need the 3080. Runs both my monitors fine at 1440p and gaming is a treat.

Whenever my step up from evga comes in, I'll grab my 3080. Till then this will do.

8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Are things really this bad with the GPU market? For various reasons I currently have two 2070supers. One in my main gaming rig and one sitting idle. So I decided to have a look to see what the thing is worth. If I remember correctly I paid around £600 for each of these cards just over a year ago. It seems that folk are trying to punt these things for over a grand now. The ones I could find where being advertised at £1300 by obvious resellers while main etailers seem to be totally out of stock. Could I seriously sell one of these cards even below these stupid prices and STILL make a decent profit a year down the line? I have never seen anything like this before in the tech market.

9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Wonder where these warehouse size mining farms are getting their gpus?

10. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Therein lies the problem for gamers...doesn't it.
    Nobody can tell me these didn't come directly in some form or other from the manufacturer.
    They either sold the kit to AIB for the expressed permission of sales to mining farms or they knew fully well AIBs were producing these for mining operations.
    The sheer numbers of cards dictate this.
    A boycott would have done nothing to disuade the practice.

11. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    I seen a docu about the one in Iceland, one of the biggest in world, and the bloke mentioned they get them custom made so they can fit on the racks better.(for e.x. the cards had like a little extra lip at the top, totally custom made for them.
    i have an xlr8 card too v happy with it.:)