1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTX 2070 - nothing new - stuttering

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by driften12, May 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. driften12

driften12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Hey there, looking for solutions. I know the problem is common, but maybe any of You can give me tips what else to check or what to try.

Gigabyte rtx 2070
    2x8GB RAM Corsair vengeance
    AsRock z390 Extreme
    Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
    SSD/HDD
    Asus pci soundcard
    Windows 10

I recently bought completely new PC. I'm playing only CS:GO, I wanted to play it on ultra on 1440x1080 resolution. But...I get microstutters. They're connected with sudden frametime rise from 1-2 to 25 ms. They're some kind of hiccups, not hard, 1-2 second stutters. Still - annoying. FPS are high as expected, but the stuttering persists.

I tried almost everything I found on Google/Guru3d/Geforce forums
    - installing different drivers, ofc with DDU
    - installing fresh copy of windows
    - disabling OC, loading uefi defaults, removing xmp profile, letting RAM work on stock Mhz
    - Disabling HPET
    - Disabling xbox dvr
    - Disabling shader cache
    - Setting max performance plan
    - Installing CS:GO on hdd

On low details the sutters are still there, just are less visible.

Thanks for any tips, I'm desperate. I paid over 1k USD for this PC and now I get this...I'm sad and disappointed.

Kind regards,
    Daniel

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    You could try looking into bad secondary drivers. Usual suspect is audio drivers. But storage, USB devices, and ethernet drivers could be worth looking into. Maybe try the vanilla HD audio drivers, no idea if the "Asus pci soundcard" is known to make issues.
    Try using https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon if you get regular spikes in the program if could help lead you to the issue. Again, usually driver related.

Do you use Gsync? Maybe it's you popping in and out of the upper end of the refresh range.
    Also maybe it's just normal for CSGO with whatever FPS you are getting.

3. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    1660 - 2130/10ghz
    What is maximum pre-rendered frames set to for CS:GO in the Nvidia control panel (3D settings)?

Also, try playing with multicore rendering off in CS:GO's options and see if that helps.

4. LeMaestro

LeMaestro New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8Gb
    Maybe watching this video might help:

5. driften12

driften12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Thanks for feedback! My soundcard is actually Asus Xonar Essence STX II, so high end. I tried with fresh copy of Windows 10 - same stutters. Didnt install audio drivers, disabled soundcard thru control panel - still the same issue.

I cant install Windows 7 on my mobo, so I'm clueless now. Gotta try friends Radeon tomorrow. Thanks for any further help

6. Dan

Dan Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Have you ran checks using DPC latency checkers? Also a safe bet to fix stuttering is to disable C-State options in your bios. You can leave Speedstep, Turboboost and Speedshift on.

7. driften12

driften12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Yeah, I tried. On desktop its fine, but when I run CS GO I get errors - LatencyMon advises to disable throttling and says it may have something to do with power management. But well, temps are fine, i have full performance plan set.

I have speedstep etc disabled like all power saving options. Doesnt matter tho, on default settings they are enabled and the stutters are still there

I think problem is unsolvable now. Its like a system overload during the stutter - but where the reason is? Almost certainly its not hardware.

8. Dan

Dan Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Would you be able to post a picture of the Drivers tab from Latencymon (leave it turned on while running a game) and order the list by DPC?

Also could you take a screenshot of you running DPC Checker (https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml), ideally with this you shouldn't have any bars going much over the 1000-1100 mark at the most.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Teamfortress 2 is another, I have the game since 2008 and nothing really helped.

So I accepted occasional stutter... It's also server depending, some have it more then others. Very rare without it.

Threaded opt off
    Prefer max perf
    1frame or 2
    Rtss fps limit

Ingame
    Cl_threaded particles
    Mat_queue threads 2

Helped a little too.. also I noticed it's driver depended. Some have it less then others

I played only with 430.62 recently and it was worse then older 419.xx

10. driften12

driften12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Hey mate, thank for your time helping me.

Screenshots are here (+ one additional with frametime diag)

https://imgur.com/a/ezG8mQ6

Thanks for help.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    Could it be something related to your ISP? Because your hardware is more than enough to "destroy" CS GO even at higher resolutions. Maybe you should try a different online game to see if the stutter persists or you can also play a few rounds of CS offline to see if the situation improves or not.

12. driften12

driften12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Well, I bought this PC to destroy CS, now CS is destroying this PC ;)

I tried BFV online - on dx12, everything on ultra etc. etc.

The game feels smooth, no visible stuttering, although frametime spikes are still there.80+ fps most of time

https://imgur.com/a/2wQN11f

I don't think its realted to my ISP - I have low pings, no packet loss etc.

Regards

13. Dan

Dan Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Based solely on the Latencymon screenshot, the nvlddmkm.sys driver is whats causing the issue (or at least is contributing to it). There's a really high latency when sending calls to the GPU. As an example I've just ran the Witcher 3 (Ultra, 1080p. Hairworks on full) and my highest latency for this driver is 0.3.....

I'm just downloading Battlefield 5 now and I'll see what the latency result is while running on ultra and then post back.

14. driften12

driften12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Thanks. Can you check CS:GO too? It's free to play atm.

15. Dan

Dan Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I've just tested BF5 and my driver latency was 1.1ms. The game however ran fluidly @ 60fps with vsync on, no noticeable stutter however my frame times fluctuated between 15 and 17ms. I then alt tabbed out and used RTSS to limit the framerate to 60 and then immediately the frame times were a smooth 16.6ms, so I'm guessing either vsync or the in game frame limiter isn't very good.

I'll download CSGO and try that as well for you, however in the mean time you should try and run the game using RTSS to limit the framerate and see how that goes.

For reference;

My Battlefield 5 Settings
    • Vsync on
    • Ultra preset
    • Default FOV (70 Hor)
    • Fullscreen (not borderless)
    My PC settings
    • Balanced power plan
    • C State options off (bios)
    • Speedstep off (bios)
    • Speedshift off (bios)
    • Turboboost on (bios)
    • XMP Profile on (bios)
    • Realtek Onboard HD Audio off (bios)
    • Nvidia power plan set to Maximum Performance (all other settings at default) Driver 430.64 Standard (Not DCH or 'Clean')
    • Windows 10 Version 1903 Build 18362.86
    My PC Specs and Connected Devices
    • Zotac RTX 2060 Amp
    • Core i5 9600k
    • 1x 16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz
    • MSI Z390-A PRO Motherboard (latest bios update)
    • 1x 256gb M2 SSD
    • 1x 1tb Sata SSD
    • 1x 2tb Sata SSHD
    • 1x 5tb USB External HDD
    • USB Mouse
    • Wireless Keyboard (Logitech w/usb dongle)
    • Xbox Wireless Controller USB adaptor
    • USB Soundbar

16. driften12

driften12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Thanks for your help! Your setup is similiar to mine. Definetely CS GO comparison would be helpful.

I tried BfV and...well. It ran smooth or ultra etc 80+fps. Afterburner showed few frametime spikes, but I didnt notice them in game at all.

I see there are symptoms of the issue, like high DPC and spiking frametime, but what the issue really IS - God knows...

PS. My bios settings are close to yours - just like gpu settings. I tried capping fps - didnt stop the stutters.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Did you try the ISLC ?

18. Hardc0rHamburger

Hardc0rHamburger New Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    -Tj- likes this.
  19. driften12

driften12 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Yes, I tried, didnt help.

Thats something new. Imma try it, thanks!

-Tj- likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i can't see ops pictures right now, but nvklddm will always spike when the gpu is busy, it shouldn't exceed 1000us under normal operation though.