RTSSSharedMemorySample Crashes on startup

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by CaptaPraelium, Oct 23, 2017.

1. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Member

GPU:
    Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out more about the new formatting tags and I've gathered that I should be able to manipulate them using the shared memory sample project. I tried to run it but it crashes immediately on startup.

There is no dialog or anything like that, no user interface it just exits. There are entries in the event viewer which I can forward if that would help?

This is a brand new fresh installation of windows 1709 (Fall Creators Update) with a clean install of RTSS and Afterburner.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

The sample is provided with open source code.

3. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Member

GPU:
    Did you want me to build the app from source to debug it and try to find out why it crashes?

I read the sources already in the hopes of finding documentation of the formatting tags :) I've also searched the forums and read the entire afterburner beta thread, read all the config files and other such things... I'm a programmer by trade and I'm not afraid to put in some work, but learning an new IDE/buildchain/etc seems like a lot of work :(

I just wanted to show my friends how to put pretty graphs on their games haha

4. Unwinder

I didn't want anything, I just said that the sample is not intended for anyone but software developers and allows them to debug anything easily.

5. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Member

GPU:
    Well, I thought that it was a tool I should be using to experiment with the formatting tags (you suggested this in the afterburner beta thread)
    Since this is not the case, I should carry on to my main issue which is the formatting.

One issue I have which I cannot find an answer to, is this image you posted
    https://forums.guru3d.com/attachments/q3-png.11/
    I can see that some groups appear on the same line of text, how does one do this? I only seem to be able to have the default behaviour of one group per line.

6. Unwinder

That's discussed in beta development thread