RTSS Overlay Editor Megathread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Haldi, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Jolo Cuesta

Jolo Cuesta New Member

GPU:
    Aorus Master 3070
    Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still new to the overlay editor but it seems upon opening it, a data was already there (as seen below) and I can't seem to move and drag them

upload_2024-6-16_3-18-27.png

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's legacy overlay rendered by MSI Afterburner. You cannot edit externally formatted overlays with editor plugin. Disable overlay in MSI AB and create it inside the editor instead.

3. BreadPitCh

BreadPitCh New Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 6900XT WB
    What does "Fixed size alignment" actually do? This is the only post in the entire forum or even WWW I could find for the search term ;)

4. BreadPitCh

BreadPitCh New Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 6900XT WB
    An followup question: what is the advantage of .ovx vs .ovl ?

Edit: got it, thanks:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/msi-ab-rtss-development-news-thread.412822/page-179#post-6026557
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/msi-ab-rtss-development-news-thread.412822/page-197#post-6111914

So if sharing multiple versions of an Overlay (like in my case 10 versions with size 80/100, vertical full/reduced + horizontal) that all use the same .png + font, probably better to manually unpack to the RTSS folder.

Would still be nice to know what "Fixed size alignment" does ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024

5. Unwinder

It is not that hard to enable it and see the effect. When it is ticked alignment width is calculated with fixed 100% text size, so you may create equal sized fields independent of variable selected text size.

BreadPitCh likes this.
  6. donate684

donate684 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 2070
    BlindBison likes this.
  7. muchacho

muchacho New Member

GPU:
    RX6600
    My pleasure.

You're gonna have to edit it manually. It's not that hard, if the font is too small, either apply a zoom or change the font size. After that just move stuff around and it should good.

8. Clutz

Clutz New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8GB
    Is there a way to change text from CPU macros? I want to remove the " with Radeon Graphics" part since it's too long.
    cpu name.png

9. Unwinder

No, you cannot change it on your side. The list of substrings to remove from macroses to make name more compact is hardcoded. But I can rip it from CPU/CPUShort macroses in future versions.

Clutz likes this.
  10. BreadPitCh

BreadPitCh New Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 6900XT WB
    I always try & research before I ask, especially knowing your "rtfm attitude" that I can totally relate to ;) I could not observe the effect in trying it, that is why I asked. Thanks for the explanation

11. BreadPitCh

BreadPitCh New Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 6900XT WB
    Btw thanks again for the great work on both RTSS & AB, bringing it to VC++ 2022 is another nice modernization I appreciate!

In an attempt to give back to the community, sharing here my work on an Overlay in 10 editions, covering font size 100% & 80%, Ryzen & RDNA full sensor support with HWiNFO, alternatively basic sensor support based on RTSS HAL for all CPUs & GPUs in vertical or horizontal layout:

https://github.com/BreadPitch/THE-RTSS-Overlay

Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024 at 11:28 AM
    Andy_K likes this.