RTSS Overlay Editor Megathread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Haldi, Jan 26, 2021.

1. klunka

klunka Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    I didn't know how to do it when hypertext of the layer is more complicated (<SWITCH Status><CASE 0><IF !IsPresentMonDataAvailable>Waiting for PresentMon data stream...<IF><CASE 1>PresentMon service is not available...<CASE 2>Failed to start PresentMon data stream...<CASE 3>PresentMon data stream failed...)

But I found it in data sources now (msGpuActive / msBetweenPresents) >= 0.75

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The hypertext you quoted is a different layer, it has zero relation to CPU/GPU limit layer.

3. klunka

klunka Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    ok I see that now

4. manullo1

manullo1 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I've strange issue with RTSS 7.3.6: I can't edit the default overlay layer:
    upload_2024-5-10_13-36-58.png

I can't select, remove and edit, but I can add new layer.

I also did a clean installation after uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller, but nothing change... Someone can help me?

5. Unwinder

It is not a "strange issue", it is overlay rendered by MSI AB. Disable it there.

manullo1 likes this.
  6. manullo1

manullo1 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    You are right! I completely forgot I had activated them in MSI AB, and they still there also after uninstalled and reinstall ‍♂️
    Thanks

7. PixelDew

PixelDew New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Is there a way to add multiple cells, each on its own line in a table without having to add them one at a time with the "add cells to new line" option checked?

Edit - also, Assuming i have multiple tables in a layer, is there a way to bind a specific table to visibility without binding the whole layer? This is what I currently have - LINK and right now when I toggle the benchmark, only the values of avg, 1% lows disappear but the text stays. If I make the table its own layer instead, then the empty space remains. Is there a way to make it so that the table "FPS Benchmark and frametime" completely disappears, like in afterburner? a way to have the text disappear and the whole OSD shrink to hide that space?

Here's a vid of what I mean -
    msiAB -
    RTSS overlay -

Last edited: May 15, 2024
  8. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Use the <IF><ELSE> tags or <SWITCH><CASE> tags in the hypertext to include those portions of hypertext to be visible when a certain condition is set.
    mockup code:
    Code:
    <IF Benchmark><TT=MyTable><IF>some other text, table or code
    The second IF closes the first IF and has no condition, so the following text is displayed no matter what.
    You just need a boolean, like a value that is missing or empty at one state and has a value different than 0 in the other state.

Example with IF and ELSE:
    upload_2024-5-15_16-53-33.png
    upload_2024-5-15_16-56-26.png

You can insert these <IF> in more than one layer to blend out connected text and values sitting in separate layers on the same condition.
    But I would redesign my layers to have them adjacent in one layer within one <IF>. Makes editing and bug hunting way easier.

Haldi likes this.
  9. PixelDew

PixelDew New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Alright, I am very much not technical with all this lol, I understood basically none of that. But this is what I added while trying to mess with it based on what you said -
    Code:
    <S=160><C=75C427>      RTX 2060\n<TT=GPU>\n<S=160><C=FF0000> Ryzen 5 3600XT \n<S><TT=CPU>\n<TT=FPS Main>\n<IF "framerate Avg"><TT=FPS Benchmark><IF>\n<TT=Frametime>\n<C=ff8000><G=Frametime,-18,-2,1,0,100,0>
    and it pretty much works, so thanks!
    For now, I am about 99% there at attempting to copy my old msiAB loadout - https://slow.pics/c/DULT3w4g (click the image to swap between them). The only issue now is that adding this \n - https://i.imgur.com/vDBKGBh.png to get frametime to the next line makes it have a gap. I tried adding the \n to the table that gets hidden but I can't figure out where to add it without another line or space being added - https://i.imgur.com/5YwVOVi.png if I add it to the hidden table here, it looks perfect when the benchmark isnt active, But when it is active, it looks like this - https://i.imgur.com/hdENrY3.png

Sorry for all the trouble and images, but I'm hoping the solution is something simple that I just can't see.

EDIT - Sooo I was an idiot... all I had to do was bring the \n inside the <IF> things. o_O

Andy_K likes this.
  10. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    nice you figured it out. good job.
    And imho doing it on your own was even better than me telling you where to put it, because now you got the understanding why.

PixelDew likes this.

11. klunka

klunka Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    How can I do multiple conditions.....like <IF condition1 AND condition2>... <ELSE>

12. Unwinder

You cannot, and it is explicitly mentioned in readme. Do it at data source level.

13. klunka

klunka Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    Can you show me example? CPUBusy>=3 AND CPUWait>=2 ...how would I write this in correction formula?

14. Unwinder

(CPUBusy >= 3) && (CPUWait >= 2)

klunka likes this.
  15. Gavalaria

Gavalaria New Member

GPU:
    Rx6600

16. LeRoy S McQuay

LeRoy S McQuay New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070