1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTSS OSD causes Rise of The Tomb Raider & F1 2017/18 crash

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by croft-racer, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. croft-racer

croft-racer New Member

GPU:
    NvidiaGTX1070Ti 8GB
    I'm new to the forum but have been a long time user of your fantastic website and AfterBurner/RTSS.

As per the title when I enable the OSD in MSI Afterburner to monitor GPU and CPU stats, it causes these two games to crash to the desktop within 5-10 mins, with the following error "The d3d device has been removed reason 0x887a0006".

I have tried updating the video drivers to the latest version whilst using DDU to ensure a clean install, I've also tried rolling back to earlier versions to see if this made any difference. Also I am using AfterBurner v4.6.0 beta 10 and RTSS v7.2.0 Final. All this on a clean install of Win 10 Home.

Here is a link with full specs of my system.
    http://speccy.piriform.com/results/YUw7LNNQNHSJro1QjCplQqT

If you need any more information please dont hesitate to ask and I will try this out on some other games when I get a chance and see if it affects those.

Thanks for any help in advance.

PS I seem to remeber this first started happening at the end of November if this has any bearing on it, possibly a Windows update?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Cannot either confirm or "fix" it, sorry. It is hang GPU issue and it is typically a result of either unstable overclocked hardware or driver bug. Closed, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.