1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTSS general log for service/encoder

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Digika, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Digika

Digika Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Does RTSS writes some basic logs somewhere? For some reason my videocapture fails, it shows an icon in OSD that it has started but it never records anything and the icon is stuck forever. My assumption is that since my OS is x64 arch and drivers are (nvidia) x64 as well and thus nvidia codec (nvenc) is only x64 present - the encoder services fails to find 32bit version of a codec to match 32bit version of a game and therefore fails to start. I wonder why it didnt fallback to x64 version of the codec in this case.

Regardless, I'm still interested if RTSS supports debug logging and if so - how to enable and where logs files are stored.

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    in the video capture pane, when you selected "external plugin: NVIDIA NVENC" did you click on the button with the three dots to configure it and to run a benchmark for checking if everything works it is supposed to?

3. Digika

Digika Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670
    ???
    It works alright when Dedicated Encode server is disabled.
    I want to figure out why it does not when it is enabled which is the reason I'm asking how to get logging going so I can at least see reported error/exception.

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    Ok, that information was missing.

Won't it work regardless which encode server (32bit/64bit) you are selecting?
    I'm using 32bit encode server with option "64bit application support service" enabled and it works in all my games 32bit and 64bit ones.

Why do you think NVENC is only available in 64Bit?
    There is a NVENC.dll in the folder Plugins of RTSS which is 32Bit and a NVENC.dll in the folder Plugins64 which is 64Bit.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sounds like recent drivers are being used with an older RTSS install.

nvidia changed up some things with nvenc in the 416 drivers, so you need RTSS 7.2 for compatibility.