1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTSS fluctuating frametimes with S-Sync

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by BlackNova92, May 9, 2019.

1. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 New Member

GPU:
    16gb
    I've noticed that all of a sudden my ms is going all over the place sometimes when i look at my latency in games like overwatch, usualy it would be at 6.9ms and my sim value(keyboard/mouse etc) is at 7.
    when it happens the ms goes down to 4 or 3+ but it increases my sim from 7 to 13 and up, which is a pain in the ass when it does that.
    so yeah i was wondering if there is something going on with the program or if its on my end because i haven't changed anything but using scaline sync with -30 or -40 feels so much worse than when i first checked out this feature.
    Also for some reason the tearline got visible at -30 again at the top, even though it was perfectly hidden before, what could've caused this? I'm really trying to figure out what is going on at the moment cause i don't wanna play games without rtss anymore(i don't own a free/gsync monitor).

2. xvt

xvt Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Z
    In my case, frametimes under S-Sync normalized when enabling HPET, might not be your case, YMMV.

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    The tearline re-appearing could be caused by your GPU not having enough headroom to hide it. In games there your GPU is above 75% utilisation, it simply doesn't have enough power to consistently hold the tearline in one place.