RTSS crashing Resident evil 3 while using HDR + DX11

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Valkyrie743, Oct 18, 2020 at 6:00 AM.

1. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    unwinder. i thought i would just make a new thread as you mentioned in the beta thread. you said that you don't own RE3 but i forgot to mention that there is a free playable demo on steam and the crashing with HDR enabled + DX11 happens in with the demo as well. i figured if you have some spare time and can check it out. that would be awesome!! thanks :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1173690/Resident_Evil_3_Raccoon_City_Demo/

below is the original post i made in the other thread

*************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm having issues with RTSS causing RE3 to crash at start up while running under DX11 with HDR enabled. dx11 with HDR disabled or DX12 with HDR on or off works fine. event views is showing dxgi.dll is whats crashing. so i guess its the hooking? seems odd that it works with HDR disabled but not enabled.

in profile for r3.exe it shows InjectionDelay=15000 but i noticed that when the game first starts up it will show it injected instantly then after going from window to full screen it will then crash with no error. not sure why the delay is not working?

running RTSS version 7.3.0 beta 6 windows 10 64 pro with 2080 Ti with 456.71 driver.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Installed demo, it starts fine with HDR + D3D11 and hooks are injected delayed as supposed. I have nothing ot add to this thread, sorry, I'd prefer to invest limited weekend time into more useful tasks.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Update, I managed to reproduce it by forcibly setting injection delay to zero. Not sure why injection delay is not triggered on your side by default, probably the game is delaying steam overlay (which is injection delay trigger) due to some black magic it is doing on startup. To force delayed injection add this application EXE name to the triggers list, so it will always trigger for this process.