RTSS causing hit registration issues in games

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Immune_, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Immune_

Immune_ New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Hello all, new to the forums but have been an avid user of RTSS for years. I've been having an issue and I can't quite pinpoint at what update it started happening but I'm currently running the latest version of RTSS 7.3.2 Beta 2 and no matter what I seem to do, edit profiles, make individual profiles for a game, disable the frame limiter, change application detection levels, disable the osd etc etc. Just having RTSS open on my computer in any capacity causes a very strong delay in multiplayer games.

I've tested it across overwatch, valorant and all the major multiplayer games and just having the software open seems to make it so it's like my game client has a higher ping than the other players, thus me often having a poor online experience where it feels as though my game client is behind several seconds to the server.

It's easily observed when I play a game and have RTSS open my game client appears laggy and just de-synced. Whereas playing without it all game logic is working as intended.

Have tried for months to configure my individual profiles and global profile to troubleshoot this issue but to no avail. I also toyed with the idea that there may be some incompatibility with another software on my pc but after a fresh windows install with just rtss, this behavior is still exhibited.

Does anyone have any tips where else I may be missing a troubleshooting step to having my overlay back in my games and not having this experience? I know I may come off as a noob but I do generally understand what most of the options in the profile config files do, I'm a data engineer by trade and I am just looking for a bit of direction on what other troubleshooting steps I should look to try. I've done a lot of digging in the forums but couldn't find anyone with my particular issue. Anything is appreciated, but not required. Thank you!

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  3. Immune_

Immune_ New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Hey Astyanax, thanks for replying, any possibility you could help explain why RTSS wouldn't be the cause of this? If not, no worries!

4. Immune_

Immune_ New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Just stop using RTSS if you believe so. That’s the only comment I’ll leave here, it is counterproductive to kill time on explaining why RTSS wouldn't be the cause of this.

6. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Try an older RTSS version or simply, don't use it for some games if you perceive these issues, alternatively you can also try nvidia fps limiter to see if it gives you any better results.