RTSS and NBA 2k20

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by tripatwhat, Oct 1, 2019.

1. tripatwhat

tripatwhat Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1050
    @RealNC Ok, fair enough. So, it doesn't mean that i misunderstood the usage or did something wrong when using RTSS. That's what i asked in the first place, since it was strange that i did everything the same like everybody else, but nothing happens. If it simply doesn't work on my side and you don't know the reason, then i guess i can't do anything about it.

When i play in full screen windowed mode, i don't have any screen tear, but then i have stutter, sometimes minor, sometimes a bit bigger. I don't mind playing in full screen windowed, since it basically looks the same as full screen. Only if i could solve the stuttering somehow. Any ideas how can i solve this? Just to mention, i've set all video settings in game to the lowest possible, but maybe there's some specific nvidia cpanel option that can affect this issue?

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    @tripatwhat Try forcing vsync in-game and/or in the nvidia panel (even if it normally doesn't work, it might still be able to prevent stutter.)

Another thing to try is to use RTSS to cap to 60FPS. Remember to disable scanline sync (set it to 0) and enter 60 in the FPS limiter field. Make sure the RTSS limiter actually works. Use a 20FPS cap as a test to check if it indeed caps the game.

However, it might be worth it to find out the exact refresh rate of your laptop and cap the game slightly below that in order to get less stutter. You can use a guide I wrote a while ago on how to do that:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/the-truth-about-pre-rendering-0.365860/page-12#post-5380262

Note that even though this is primarily done to get less input lag, in your case it can reduce stutter as well.

3. tripatwhat

tripatwhat Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1050
    Ok, thanks for the suggestions. I will try to combine these things and let you know here how it went.

4. darivo

darivo Member

GPU:
    SLI 980 (1400mhz)
    hello
    did you solve this problem?

im using Online nba 2k20 and im having this issue too (only with online mode)