1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Larus

Larus Member

GPU:
    MSI NGTX460 Hawk
    Thank you for answer. Yes I know how to enable it but I remember reading somewhere here that this internal own RTSS frametime history was always unfiltered/unaveraged and presented independently of "Framerate averaging interval" and "Refresh Period" thus it was better suited to spot any stutters. Is it possible now?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

That's not true, OSD frametime history graphs displayed via MSI AB or RTSS itself are absolutely equal (and in fact AB's one is more customizable via layout).

Larus likes this.
  3. Larus

Larus Member

GPU:
    MSI NGTX460 Hawk
    Thank you for correcting my thinking! That change is now perfectly understandable.

4. knuckles84

knuckles84 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    A Question an if not implanted a little suggestion

I really love the frame-rate limiter an to toggle it. But is it possible to see in the OSD it the Limiter is on or off.

The problem occurs for my, when I start TimeSpy Extreme, here I get only on a little part in the second gfx Test, more than 60fps, but that is really late in the bench. When I`m not able to see if the Limiter is on or off, it destroys my bench run.

From the Bench aside, I would find it nice to have that Info in the OSD.

Already thanks for the great work.

5. Unwinder

No promises but I'll think about it.

knuckles84 likes this.
  6. Unwinder

The first beta of new version, MSI Afterburner 4.6.1 beta 1, is preparing to uploading. Changes list includes:

· Added asynchronous dual fan control support for reference design NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20x0 series graphics cards. Please take a note that only 100% NVIDIA reference design dual fan control implementations are supported, third party proprietary asynchronous fan control solutions (e.g. EVGA iCX series asynchronous fans) are not supported and will not be supported in future versions. The following asynchronous fan control functionality is available:
    o Added new “Synchronize fan speeds” button, which is allowing you to switch between synchronous and asynchronours fan control modes. Please take a note that new fan speed controls are available in v4 skins only, v3 and v2 skins are deprecated and no longer receive new functionality
    o When fan speeds synchronization is enabled, MSI Afterburner’s fan control functionality behaves exactly like in the previous version, i.e. both fans are running asynchronically in default hardware automatic fan speed control mode but become linked synchronically if you enable manual or software automatic fan speed control mode
    o When fan speeds synchronization is disabled, you may select and adjust each fan speed independently. For software automatic fan speed control mode independent temperature curves are also adjustable for each fan
    · Improved hardware monitoring module:
    o Inverted hotkeys handling approach for multiple selected hardware monitoring graphs. Previously single graph settings mode was active by default, but you could apply some settings (e.g. “Show in On-Screen Display”) to multiple selected graphs with <Ctrl> hotkey modifier. Now such settings are applied to multiple selected graphs by default and <Ctrl> hotkey modifier is used to apply settings to single focused graph
    o Group operation notifier has been moved to hardware monitoring graph properties header
    o Improved backward compatibility with monitoring profiles created in the previous versions of application. It is no longer necessary to recreate the profiles having monitoring settings without On-Screen Display layout
    · Fixed issue with GUI stopping responding during adjusting skin scaling ratio on the fly in high DPI mode when skin composition mode was set to layered mode with alpha
    · RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.2.2

Stay tuned!

gran172, JonasBeckman, toyo and 4 others like this.
  7. Unwinder

8. OleMortenF

OleMortenF Member

GPU:
    980 SC 4GB
    Awesome :D I get an error when extracting the file though "The file is corrupt"

9. Unwinder

Yep, confirmed, it downloads corrupted file on my side as well. We'll need to wait for Hilbert to take care about it.

10. Unwinder

File is reuploaded, it should be fixed now.

OleMortenF and toyo like this.

11. gran172

gran172 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2060 6Gb
    Hey Unwinder, sorry to bother if it's a dumb question, but where can I find the v4 skins? The default skins I've got in my Afterburner installation go up to v3 only.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer and for all your hard work! I really appreciate it! :)

12. Unwinder

v4 skins are supplied with application and selected by default, this definition applies to skins introduced with MSI Afterburner v4.x.x application version. Cyborg, Tech and Gaming themes are v4 skins.

gran172 likes this.
  13. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SC2 2038
    How do I know that i have async fan ? I have a gigabyte aorus rtx 2080ti xtreme.

14. Unwinder

By trying and seeing if it works. Nobody but Gigabyte knows if they used native NVIDIA secondary fan controller for it.

15. huang

huang New Member

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Please help .

How can the [GPU PWR] of the NVIDIA video card be displayed?

Like in the picture.

Not a percentage. It's the power consumption value.

Thank you all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Unwinder Previously, last 4.6.0 stable version come with the RTSS is v7.2.2 right?

17. alexander1986

alexander1986 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060

you can do this by running hwinfo64 for example at same time and import this sensor from there, or maybe just run hwinfo64 instead of afterburner (if you are running afterburner) together with RTSS,

I tested now to import gpu power from hwinfo64 to rtss while watching a video in vlc:

[​IMG]

can find more info here https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/show-nvidia-power-usage-in-watts.424200/

not so easy to explain how but basically start rtss with osd enabled and also start hwinfo64 then in hwinfo64 -> click Sensors -> click configure sensors -> go to OSD RTSS (in hwinfo64, not in RTSS) -> under GPU select GPU power and click "show value in OSD" and "show label in OSD" and you will have it like above, you can customize this ofc also and select more options to show not just gpu power,

so you dont need afterburner+rtss+hwinfo64 you only need hwinfo64+rtss, atleast this is the only option I could find, hope it helps :D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  18. huang

huang New Member

GPU:
    GTX1070

According to your instructions, I set it up. Thank you for your help.. It's really useful.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

alexander1986 likes this.
  19. toyo

toyo Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    If anyone's interest in adding the Power (W) in an existing group, it's possible by using the hwinfo.dll plugin in the Monitoring page. This is how I made mine.
    [​IMG]

huang and gran172 like this.
  20. Unwinder

Good news, Chris just finished doing his magic so here is his new skin called "Touch of modern" in action. You'll see it in official 4.6.1. soon. The video is also demonstrating other features of 4.6.1: simplified group operations, which allow you to configure OSD faster and easier than before and async fan control for reference desing RTX 20x0 series cards:

Stay tuned!