1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah something along the lines of a log system though there's a lot required from the users side on how to utilize this but as a possibility to aid troubleshooting beyond the current means of seeing active 3D processes particularly third party programs that might also be hooked into the process currently active and running via the RTSS overlay though maybe I'm being too enthusiastic for how useful this could be as a feature?

Or what to say, maybe I'm overlooking all kinds of things and the methods of adding a log system to the program and it's requirements and what it might be able to pull and what might require more complex code or several work-weeks of programming or well I might be over-simplifying it greatly for how to implement such a feature I mean. :)

For how many years that MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner Statistics Server has been in development there's a pretty high chance Unwinder might have already weighted the pros and cons of a more in-depth system for troubleshooting whether logging or mini-dumps or similar for how beneficial it would be both for him and the programs development and problem solving and your average MSI AB and RTSS user. Suggestions can be well and good but realization of these and how useful they could be can be variable although I do think it could help but I am likely missing several other key factors to how it should be implemented and the ease of actually doing said work among probably much more.
    (Windows versions and what can be pulled from these without requiring Windows 10 for one thing depending on just what is logged and how in-depth and detailed let alone things like GPU data going into AMD ADL or NVIDIA NVAPI if something like that were to be part of it or perhaps just keeping it simpler though even then it might not be as straightforward as I assumed initially.)

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Since day one there is built-in logging system with different optional levels of detail (up to per-frame logging), but it is not enabled and it won't be enaibled by defauld due to different weighted reasons.

toyo likes this.
  3. Unwinder

Good news, MSI approval finally received so async fan control is out primary target development feature, it will arrive in 4.6.1. ETA is mid April, probably with some public betas released before. I remind that we'll support async fan control on reference design RTX 20x0 series only, so no luck for custom design async fan control capable solutions (EVGA iCX 10x0/20x0).

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  4. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3 UG
    Is it possible it may work with some of the EVGA cards even though it's not going to be supported?

5. Unwinder

Please read the previous page, it will work ONLY with reference design async fan control solutions. I explicitly mentioned a few times that proprietary iCX controllers will never work.

6. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3 UG
    Gotcha. That's what I thought. I was just being hopeful! Thanks Unwinder.

7. knuckles84

knuckles84 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    A General Question about AF and the OC Scanner from Nvidia.

If I understand it right, the OC Scanner dll is from Nvidia and has nothing to do with AF. AF only is there to Launch the Scanner and Manage the different Options (Scan or Test, Monitor the Progress with the curve etc).

Will AF be updated when a new Version of the OC Scanner is released by Nvidia or is there a way to get the lastest dll and Update from the User Side, without a new AF Version?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  8. Unwinder

OCScanner.exe is not from NVIDIA. It is MSI AB's frontend for NVIDIA scanner API, its' only purpose is to launch NVIDIA's internal scan or test modes and pass result back to AB.

If NVIDIA update scanner API, we include it in the next scheduled AB version.

SpajdrEX and knuckles84 like this.
  9. knuckles84

knuckles84 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    Thanks for reply

10. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    2080 Ti Aorus .
    I am currently ocing testing Fire strike gpu test 1.
    Here is my settings:
    Power limit max - 133%
    Temp limit - 88C
    Voltage - 0+ or +100 <doesnt matter )
    Memory - 200+ or 0 <doesnt matter )

Stock boost 1695mhz. When i overclock even a little +25 core,Fire strike graphic test 1 can crash after few hours in loop. All games are pretty stable even on +70core. But firestrike can crash after 5-10 hours in loop when i do some oc. Clock during crash is usually 1920-1950 when temps rise to max.

Should i be worried?

11. Unwinder

Worried? Why?
    No, if it stable at stock clocks. Overclocking is a lottery and free performance bonus, which you may (or may not) have.
    But please no need to continue this topic in AB/RTSS development thread. Create a separate thread if you have some basic overclocking related questions and others will be able to help you there, but this thread is not intended for it.

12. Unwinder

13. knuckles84

knuckles84 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    I have a little problem, I'm pretty sure, that it is a problem behind my Screen :) but I do not know what i'm doing wrong...

GPU= RTX2080ti
    When I reset all settings, I start the OC-Scanner an after that I apply the new Curve, the Idle Mem-Clock jump up from 405mhz to 800mhz?

I do not think that this is a bug, but who knows :)

14. Unwinder

Neither MSI AB nor any other overclocking software is controlling idle clocking process. It is done in driver side and transparently for other applications.

15. knuckles84

knuckles84 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    Thanks for the confirmation that it has nothing to do with AF.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  17. Unwinder

toyo likes this.
  18. Unwinder

All

I've almost finished initial implementation of async fan control for reference design RTX series graphics cards. The first 4.6.1 beta is expected in the nearest few days.

19. Larus

Larus Member

GPU:
    MSI NGTX460 Hawk

I've only recently updated to latest stable 4.6.0/7.2.1 release. Could you please tell why this change was necessary? And if it is perhaps possible to revert it oneself somewhere in config files? I've always had framerate counter and that frametime history graph simultaneously and I miss it :)

20. Unwinder

Because it was duplicating functionality. If you know how to enable framerate counter via MSI AB, you can enable the graph there too.