1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. knuckles84

knuckles84 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    And the other Question is, why are a lot, really a lot of Users so stupid and watch only the % instead of the Wattage.

I have an 2080ti XC Ultra, with the Stock bios I can get 130% PT, but that are only around 338W, now I habe flashed the FTW3 Bios, an have "only" a max PT of 124% BUT with 372W. So the FTW Bios gives me a higher headroom, but it is incredible to read, that peoples think, that the XC Ultra Bios is better, only because of the higher %...

@Unwinder I really understand you frustration, that result sometimes in a rude post, but you are right!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Nope, AB never controlled RGBs on any model and probably never will.

3. Unwinder

More development news:
    While my RADEON VII sample is in the way, I’m spending some time on improving keyboard control functionality of voltage/frequency curve editor. Changes apply to both NVIDIA and AMD implementations of V/F curve editor:

- Now you can use <Tab> and <Shift>+<Tab> keys to select next/previous point on the curve. This feature is useful for those who prefer to use keyboard <Up>/<Down> keys to fine-tune selected point frequency offset instead of adjusting the point with mouse cursor. I’m not sure if many of you know that, but I’ll remind that you can also hold <Ctrl> while fine-tuning frequency offset with <Up>/<Down> keys to jump to the nearest frequency value rounded to 10MHz
    - Now you can press <Enter> key to edit selected point frequency offset from keyboard. Alternately you may press <Shift>+<Enter> to specify absolute target frequency value, so the editor will calculate desired offset automatically
    - Slightly changed keyboard control interface for AMD implementation of V/F curve editor. Previously you could select P-State and fine-tune frequency with <Up>/<Down> or <Ctrl>+<Up>/<Ctrl>+<Down> keys or fine-tune voltage <Left>/<Right> or <Ctrl>+<Left>/<Ctrl>+<Right> keys. Now both frequency and voltage are adjusted with <Up>/<Down> or <Ctrl>+<Up>/<Ctrl>+<Down> keys and voltage or frequency keyboard input focus is selected with <PageUp> / <PageDown> keys. Voltage or frequency keyboard input focus is now highlighted by selected point brightness on the curve. Keyboard input focus also affects new <Enter> / <Shift> + <Enter> functionality, allowing you to type in target voltage or frequency in both offset or absolute form
    - Similar to NVIDIA implementation, now you may also hold <Alt> when dragging V/F curve point on AMD systems. This will result in moving whole curve up/down while preserving each point’s offset

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    That is because people assume the bios power tables are the same across all venders, but once they alter the 100% value then the slider is not comparable.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled

really man ? you called people stupid for asking a question ?!

6. Unwinder

I'm sure that he didn't want to offend you.

7. Unwinder

One more enhancement for VF curve editor on the way: there will be undo buffer (up to 1024 last curve modifications saved). So you'll be able to press <Ctrl>+<Z> to revert your curve changes while you're editing it.

8. foetopsyRus

foetopsyRus Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    I strongly welcome everyone! I have a question for you whether this program is compatible with games and anti-cheat games so that there is no problem in games?! Or should I wait for the final version of the program?

9. toyo

toyo Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Not always, Destiny 2 still can't show the overlay, and people complained of even getting banned for using it. But that's on idiotic devs, not MSI AB. I haven't encountered other incompatibilities with games that use anticheat yet.

10. Unwinder

Do not feed the troll please. He is not searching for any answers, don’t waste your time.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    i can confirm RTSS works without a problem in Division 2 beta

12. Unwinder

There is known issue with Division 2 private beta crashing to desktop if you run it in DX12 mode and Alt-Tab or swutch between fullscreen and windowed mode while RTSS is running. But it is not specific to it and also apply to multiple third party overlay/hook applications, and I hope it will be adressed from Ubisoft side in full version of game.

13. toyo

toyo Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    The Dx12 in this Beta is giving me TDRs on a fully stock, otherwise stable PC, regardless of having or not MSI AB or other monitoring software active. Game just causes TDRs for some reason, no real crash, no dmps generated. Dx11 looks to be stable (for now, only tested it a few hours).

14. Unwinder

Good news on that. NVIDIA just released updated scanner API and NVML issue is addressed in gpu_stressor.exe according to the release notes. So I'll include updated scanner components in the next beta of AB.
    On a side note: my RVII sample already arrived to Russian MSI office from Taiwan, so it won't take long to travel to my home. I expect to see it here on this week, then I'll proceed with supporting new Overdirve8 API.

GSDragoon, JonasBeckman and toyo like this.
  15. ToastGrande

ToastGrande New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I have two enhancement requests:

1. With all the various key combinations in the curve editor, would you consider adding a help window/legend with all of the possibilities?
    2. Skin color influences the color in the curve editor. Both the Cyborg red and blue make seeing the grid and base curve difficult. I switched to the white and it's about the best. Perhaps the curve editor should stick to white on black?

cookieboyeli and gran172 like this.

16. Unwinder

And now some bad news. It seems like RVII actually arrived to Finland instead of Russian office due to some mistake, so it won't be here on this week. Expected arrival date is the end of the next week.

17. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 780Ti oc Edition
    Hi there !

I have to enable "Custom Direct3D Support" for a specific use, but the option is greyed out and can't be enabled for unknown reason.
    Tried to reinstall both MSI AB & RTSS, tried creating specific app profile, tried disabling and enabling everything, no change.

Any help would be glady appreciated,

18. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    ZotacAE 1080Ti@2075
    Read from above quote onward.... (you probably don't want to enable it)

19. Unwinder

Which specific use?

20. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 780Ti oc Edition
    d3d9.dll reshade in GTA4. Since creator update, i can't use it because any shader effect cause flickering in this particular (broken) game.
    Heard that RTSS with custom D3D Support can override the problem. Only other way to override is is to use it with steam overlay, which i'd like to avoid.