1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I've already posted link to new RTSS 7.2.1 beta in different thread, duplicating it here as well:

· Fixed issue with the latest NVIDIA Adaptive Shading update of Woflenstein II: The New Colossus locking on startup. Please take a note that now Woflenstein II: The New Colossus is presenting frames from compute queue in NVIDIA codepath similar to AMD codepath. Due to that reason, On-Screen Display rendering is performance expensive and disabled by default in such environment. Experienced users, understanding and accepting On-Screen Display related performance penalty, may reenable it with PresentFromCompute profile switch
    · Improved On-Screen Display hypertext formatting implementation. Variable slot 250 is no longer used to define own statistics format, now it is allowing On-Screen Display client applications to redefine default text format. Such implementation allows the client applications like MSI Afterburner to edit default text color directly inside On-Screen Display layout editor
    · Added suspending support to VTable hook handlers. Suspending is used to improve reference counter tracking implementation and make it more future proof
    · Multilanguage user interface library is DPI aware now. Main window skinned interface is no longer being scaled by OS and no longer looks blurred by default when greater than 100% DPI is selected. Now main skinned window interface can be manually zoomed with skin scaling slider in “User interface” tab, and the properties are automatically scaled by OS according to selected DPI
    · Added On-Screen Display compatibility profile for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

ZAMHome, Vidik, DaRkL3AD3R and 7 others like this.
  2. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti G1 GAMING OC
    Like to thank you again , for trying out RTSS 7.2.1 build couple day's ago , the profile switch, did the trick .

3. Unwinder

Upgrade to b2, it doesn't change anything for your specific issue (Wolf2), but it is newer than initial 7.2.1 you've got.

HARDRESET likes this.
  4. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti G1 GAMING OC
    all set ! Thanks

5. gran172

gran172 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 380 4GB
    This may sound dumb, but after installing RTSS 7.2.1 B2 my fonts seem smaller, any clues?

6. Unwinder

Refer to release notes:

- Improved On-Screen Display hypertext formatting implementation. Variable slot 250 is no longer used to define own statistics format, now it is allowing On-Screen Display client applications to redefine default text format. Such implementation allows the client applications like MSI Afterburner to edit default text color directly inside On-Screen Display layout editor

Font size variable slot 250 was used to define smaller font for own status only, now it is allowing to alter default font size and color. Alter it in the layout editor.

toyo, The1 and Vulkan like this.
  7. gran172

gran172 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 380 4GB
    So all I should do is change the variable slot 250 from 80% superscript to 100% superscript? Sorry for the dumb question, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer, love both Afterburner and RTSS, keep up the good work! :)

Vulkan likes this.
  8. Unwinder

Yep. Or just delete it from layout.

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO 390x
    link doesnt work for me....

10. Unwinder

works for me

HARDRESET likes this.

11. ErikSwan

ErikSwan New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hi @Unwinder,
    What do you think about adding a feature to update the V/F frequency curve in (close to) real-time outside of the OC scanner mode (as long as the V/F curve editor window is open)? Then it would be possible to see when GPU Boost 3.0 changes the base curve due to thermal changes, etc. without having to click Apply to get the curve to update.

I think it would help reduce user misunderstanding like the following post, because I was also seeing the V/F curve jump around when clicking Apply and I thought it was a bug in Afterburner before I did some research and read through this thread to understand that it is just how the underlying NVAPI/GPU Boost 3.0 works, and what was really happening was the base curve had changed since the last time I had clicked Apply and the V/F curve was read out.

For example, in your video example here, at 0:37 when you hit apply, the V/F curve changes. It makes it seem like increasing the core voltage slider made the V/F curve change, but in reality, the base curve changed some time ago due to the increasing temperature, but it doesn't become visible until hitting apply.

I think it would be nice to be able to see when the GPU changes the base V/F curve in (close to) real-time when running a bunchmark. Like I said I feel like this would make it much more obvious to users what is actually happening.

Thank you for the work you do on Afterburner and RTSS.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    cookieboyeli likes this.
  12. Unwinder

Automating V/F curve editor window refresh is a bad idea, it will make curve adjustment really troublesome if you try to adjust some V/F point offset and base curve is auto-altered when you're dragging the point. However, adding base curve refresh via some keyboard shortcut (e.g. F5) can be useful.

cookieboyeli and The1 like this.
  13. ErikSwan

ErikSwan New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah, you are right that it could be very annoying if it updates when you are trying to edit the curve. I think a keyboard shortcut would be a good solution. Thanks!

Also, I noticed some weird behavior in the V/F curve display when updating the curve even when the temperature is stable, so base curve should not be changing. I'm guessing the NVAPI is enforcing some limit on the maximum frequency delta between consecutive voltage points? But the thing that seems wrong to me is that instead of enforcing this in the offset values, the "base curve" which is drawn (dark gray line) also changes and is very weird looking. Is this a bug in AB or a limitation of the NVAPI?

If you would like I can make a separate thread about this. I used an extreme example here to make it noticeable but I've had this type of behavior happen even when making smaller offsets. I think this behavior is another factor that sometimes makes the V/F curve editor feel "buggy".

Vulkan and cookieboyeli like this.
  14. Unwinder

Almost correct, NVAPI is correcting specified offsets to make final curve monotonically increasing and apply smoothing if necessary.
    Also, you're misunderstanding "base curve" (dark grey line). It is not a real offsetless base curve, which is not readable via NVAPI, it is final curve with offsets subtracted from each point. It is not intended for anything but seeing the points where the offsets are applied.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  15. ErikSwan

ErikSwan New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. So the conclusion is that all of the weird behavior is on NVAPI's side. I wish the API was more transparent about how GPU Boost 3.0 is working internally, but I guess we can only work with what we've got.

Thanks!