RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. XR5777

XR5777 New Member

GPU:
    FURY X
    Hello and thankyou for the reply.

Have I offended you in any way because I asked as politely as possible on behalf of all Fiji owners? How is that I quote 'Pushing your desires'?

With the upmost respect your reply is quite hostile for someone only requesting information on this subject. I wasn't demanding anything I was only requesting for some of your valuable time to maybe dig deeper? No-one else in this world is capable so of coarse you will see me here requesting your expertise. I don't know what you have already back engineered and I guess you have already figured out the API. I apologize for wasting your time.

I need to ask one more question if I may? How is the AMD driver reverting even a modified bios? I believe the API is deliberately reverting any setting applied to the HBM. If this is true then the API can be altered. If you could point us in the right direction we can do the rest.

Vulkan likes this.
  2. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    On 388.43 WHQL and running out of the box settings in RivaTuner is not configured properly?

Vulkan likes this.
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Nobody besides you knows what is misconfigured on your side. Perform standard troubleshooting steps including full RTSS uninstall with FULL profiles removal and clean application install.

4. Unwinder

I said that I cannot help with Fiji HBM clock control a few times, no need to discuss it over and over again. I cannot help you with that, take it as a fact please.

5. Digika

Digika Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Or at least point me into the direction where can I ask.

6. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    There are SDK's in each folder of Afterburner and RTSS.

7. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    And well commented example code to study on.

8. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Member

GPU:
    Sounds like NVENC causing P2 state.

Vulkan likes this.
  9. Vulkan

Vulkan Member

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    Ok, how can I fix this?

10. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    Unwinder,

Confirmed here: https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/issues/1033#issuecomment-348647218

11. ParKur

ParKur New Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 SLi
    If the hotfix beta 30 in the final release 7.0.0 RTSS ?

12. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Member Guru

GPU:
    Maxwell
    Try turning this off?

[​IMG]

Vulkan likes this.
  13. Unwinder

14. Unwinder

New minor but important updates of MSI AB and RTSS with more powerful benchmarking engine are available for download:

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup701.zip

MSI Afterburner v4.4.1:

· Fixed crash on application startup on the systems with more than 8 NVIDIA GPUs installed on recent NVIDIA display drivers
    · Now the list of GPUs in "General" tab in the application properties is sorted properly on the systems with more than 10 GPUs installed
    · Added voltage control for NVIDIA P104-100 and P106-100 mining cards
    · Now MSI Afterburner is displaying notification message in monitoring window area when trying to overclock NVIDIA 10x0 series GPU with debug mode enabled in NVIDIA control panel
    · Added "Frametate Min", "Frametate Avg", "Frametate Max", "Frametate 1% Low" and "Frametate 0.1% Low" graphs to hardware monitoring module. The graphs are duplicating benchmark statistics displayed in benchmark On-Screen Display, but give you more freedom in On-Screen Display customization
    · Improved On-Screen Display layout editor. Now you can customize On-Screen Display graph styles independently for each graph instead of changing it globally
    · RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.0.1

RivaTuner Statistics Server v7.0.1:

· Improved built-in benchmarking engine:
    o Added 1%/0.1% low framerate statistics calculation. Unlike traditional calculation approach, which is assuming post-processing of whole set of collected frametimes at the final stage of benchmarking, RivaTuner Statistics Server introduces new concepts of dynamic 1%/0.1% low framerate statistics calculation. The implementation is open source and demonstrated in RivaTuner Statistics Server SDK.
    o 1%/0.1% low framerates are stored in the benchmark results file. 1%/0.1% low framerate are also displayed in benchmark On-Screen Display, so you may track 1%/0.1% low framerate dynamics in realtime.
    · Updated SDK:
    o Added new open source RTSSFrametimePipeSample sample. The sample is demonstrating implementation of custom benchmarking software, which is receiving per-frame frametime statistics in realtime via named pipe connection to RivaTuner Statistics Server. Post-processing text frametime log files after running the benchmark is no longer necessary! Now you may create your own benchmarking software and receive frametime data from RivaTuner Statistics Server in realtime directly while 3D application is running. Such approach was in use by some major hardware reviewers for a few years, now it is open source and available to everyone! The sample is also demonstrating the following techniques:
    § Realtime frametime graph rendering
    § Realtime current framerate averaging with sliding window algorithm, minimum and maximum framerates calculation and display
    § Dynamic 1%/0.1% low framerate statistics calculation and display
    § Logging per-frame frametime, current, minimum, average, maximum, 1% low and 0.1% low framerates to CSV text file
    · Improved text formatting tags support:
    o Now text position tags can use negative coordinates to move a text to a new position specified in character units instead of zoomed pixel units
    o Improved text position tags handling for cases when the tag is used explicitly before the embedded object
    o Added new visualization style support for embedded graph objects. Now it is possible to embed barchart styled graphs
    · Slightly optimized On-Screen Display geometry batching for all 3D APIs in order to simplify the process of new functionality implementation in future versions

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017 at 1:59 PM
    Vulkan, GroinShooter, The1 and 3 others like this.
  15. khanmein

khanmein Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 2:23 PM
    Vulkan likes this.

16. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Thanks, cool new additions plus everything works great.
    Avast is trying to be an ass and throw RTSS in quarantine, oh my lawd it's safe damnit stop!

Vulkan likes this.
  17. Vulkan

Vulkan Member

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    I would like if I could enable the 1% low and 0.1% low regulary in the OSD and not just in benchmarkmode. :)

18. Unwinder

You can do it easily. Benchmark mode state is permanent, wchich means that you may press "Begin benchmark recording" hotkey just once and after that it will stay active for all subsequently started 3D applications, even after rebooting the system. But keep in mind that 1/0.1% low statistics calculation requires storing and processing full set of slowest frametimes since the beginning of benchmark, and the buffer for storing that data in realtime is not infinite. For RTSS I selected it to keep up to 1024 slowest frames, which is a good balance for memory usage/realtime sort performance and it provides statistically correct 1/0.1% low results for up to 30 minutes of testing on 60 FPS framerate. So keep it in mind while using longer benchmarking sessions.

Vulkan likes this.
  19. Vulkan

Vulkan Member

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    Ah I understand! I didn`t think about the buffer because the statistics have to base on something. So it wouldn`t make sense when they are permanently active. My fault. But I understand what you mean. :) Thanks.

20. Unwinder

Also I have to add that statistics is reset for each new started 3D application, and you can also always press “Begin benchmark recording” hotkey one more time to reset the statistics if necessary. So it is safe to keep it always on.

Vulkan likes this.