RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    Don't know why people say that a program or developer are no good if you don't like the program or developer just use another program or better yet go make your own program.Their are alot of people here who love this program and think the developer is doing a wonderfully job me included.
    Just my 2 cents.

2. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
    Did the EAC whitelisting occur? I am on AB 4.4.0 beta 19 and RTSS 7.0.0 beta 30 and I can't get the OSD to work with Ghost Recon Wildlands.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it is internally whitelisted by EAC but it is not enough to get it working in all games. It takes more time to see all EAC-enabled games patched with updated anticheat whitelists.

4. Neatchee

Neatchee New Member

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5830 1GB GDDR5
    Wow. I just...wow. That guy. Unbelievable. Doesn't know what NDA specsheets etc are? Asks you to "prove it" as though that isn't the entire point of an NDA? I just...I can't believe some people are that stupid.

Thanks for all your hard work, Alex. I sometimes wonder how you are still here after all these years of abuse xD

5. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
    Thanks, appreciate the reply!

6. gatecrasher

gatecrasher Member

GPU:
    8GB GTX 1070
    I'm stumped. Is there documentation for this that I've overlooked?

7. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Is there a changelog for 7.0.0 beta 1 to beta31?

8. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
  9. Unwinder

MSI are already taking care of it and monitoring the person's GitHub, I've immediately informed both MSI project manager and legal about possible copyright infringement so their eyes are on it. But honestly I believe that the person was just deadly drunk that day while posting that, I fail to believe that any developer in healthy mind can misunderstand expected consequences after publicly declaring his intentions to steal then leak NDA related IP directly on GitHub. Especially if multiple hardware vendor's NDA technologies and IP is involved in the question. Too bad that such idiots are just compromising whole open source community ideas and the principles of open source development.

10. Unwinder

It is not directly documented anywhere, as I've said above it requires some "read between the lines" skills to achieve such formatting and I wanted to see if someone really analyzed RTSS SDK (which is demonstrating OSD text formatting tags usage) that deep.
    Such formatting is achieved via embedding direct text positioning tags into group separators (to move desired group to any place of the screen) then into OSD text epilog (to move graphs to any place of the screen).

11. Unwinder

New MSI Afterburner beta is available:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta20.rar

- Downvoltage limits have been increased from -100mV to -200mV for AMD Vega series
    - Added new "Graph separator" properties to OSD layout. Similar to existing "Group separator" properties, they allow you to insert custom text (e.g. a few new line symbols) right before any displayed graph and this way easily separate some graphs vertically in OSD if necessary
    - Improved PerfCounter plugin configuration file, units of "Network download rate" and "Network upload rate" have been changed from KB/s to MB/s. Also now the plugin supports displaying network download and upload rate performance counters for up to 4 network interfaces instead of the first network interface in the previous version config
    - Bundled RTSS distributive have been upgraded to 7.0.0 beta 30 with "Middle Earth : Shadow of War" OSD support, beta 30 installer has been slightly updated (a few more built-in profiles added)

12. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800 XT
    Okay so I am looking at RTSSSharedMemory and I think I see what are various flags such as dwOSDX and dwOSDY. I see some stuff about embed objects, but I have no clue what to do with it....lmao maybe I should have went comp-sci instead of network and security.

13. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I will test this new beta, and will see if it solved my problem that Im getting from the new 1709 windows update.
    My stock clockes are 300/150 when idle and 1100/1200 when load. I always have my clock set 1210/1450 but after 1709 the clock are getting stuck like stock 400/1200 idle and 1100/1200 when load.
    Does anyone encounter that issue?

14. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  15. Unwinder

It doesn’t solve anything besides the things I document in the release notes. And I’d seriously ask to leave unrelated issues like this one outside the development thread please.

16. 790

790 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX660 2Gb
    Is it possible to make chechbox "Integer for ALL values in OSD" in RTSS setup, also for own statistics? Most decimal values do not have any significance, but take up valuable space on the screen.

17. Unwinder

???
    Most of values displayed in OSD are integer as is, floating point format is only used when it is really necessary (e.g. for voltages).

18. 790

790 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX660 2Gb
    ups, I`m sorry... this decimal values comes from RT

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    [​IMG]

Frametime value is missing in UWP games in FCU/1709 (checked in Gears4 and Halo Wars DE). Weirdly, the graph seems to show the values properly.

That's on betas 20/30.

20. Unwinder

It was documented and explained in this thread before. Remove threshold from frametime graph to see process-soecific frametime. With threshold set both framerate and frametime in OSD are switching from per-process framerate and frametime to global framerate and frametime displayed on hw monitoring module graphs. Global framerate and frametime graphs display values from current foreground process, for UWP it is not a game process, but ApplicationFrameHost.