RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

Regarding the latest betas of both AB and RTSS, I just recently updated them and now Gears of War 4 refuses to track any kind of in game stat (campaign collectibles found, versus points during a match, horde kills and waves passed) until I close both AB and RTSS. Gears 4 also had a patch around the time I updated them, so I'm not where the issue may be and where to look. My best guess is that they think AB/RTSS is cheating or acting like a cheat injector, so they lock progress. For now I just use the in game frame limit and put up with the occasional stutter and hitching.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Bad idea, outlining the graphs will double geometry complexity. Enabling OSD fill instead is much more correct way to solve the issue.

3. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Member Guru

Make sure you have on screen display shadow enabled.

I personally find these settings to be the best all around for visibility:
    0,255,0 (Green) Opacity 75%
    OSD Zoom - Smallest
    Raster 3D
    Font - Small fonts, Bold, 8 Point

Also, for readability I have set framerate averaging to 100ms and refresh rate to 100ms integer is off, so you get 0.1FPS Precision. :)

Typing out exactly how I have the display organized and what is showing is too much. Too tired to add a picture.

For the MSI Afterburner window itself I use v3 Big edition.
    I've installed MSI Afterburner and set it up for probably 2 dozen people so far with these settings. :) It's been well received, much more so than the defaults. I'm guessing the goal of the default red theme was to match the MSI "Gaming" branding...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

Hi Unwinder,
    whenever I open RTSS .28 beta, when 3dmark main window (current steam version that uses java) is running, 3dmark just crashes with "stopped working" within a few seconds. Did a search and couldn't find anything. My apologies if this has been discussed somewhere. Is this a known issue?

5. Unwinder

Cannot confirm that.

6. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Active Member

i try today 3-4 run 3dmark /steam version( preset :fire strike-extreme -ultra) with msi ab beta 16 +RTSS 28 beta !!

290 trix oc + 17.7 .2 drivers
    all run finish very well so far i dont have any issue !!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 10:08 AM
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

RTSS 7.0.0 b28 fixed the OpenGL issue for me here too, thanks, Alexey. Granted, it wasn't a big issue for DOSBox (don't care much about h/w monitoring there) but I did see it once in Doom.

8. Meccs

Meccs Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM
  9. Unwinder

Post your profile here.

10. Meccs

Meccs Member