MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    BattleEye whitelisted RTSS 7.0.0 beta 16 :)

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Excellent. And according to EAC devs it should be also already whitelisted for EAC-powered Rust and Squad games. And it may take 1-4 weeks to get it whitelisted in the rest EAC-powered games, where update cycle depends on the games themselves.

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    [​IMG]

Running RS2 win 10 x64, riva tuner causes issues. Some apps wont start if its running, the second i add the add to riva tuner exceptions / disable riva tuner, they instantly start. Any ideas guys?

4. Unwinder

That's why exclusions list exists. And please avoid posting in this thread anything unrelated to polishing new version's functionality, it is not intended for "how do I use it" related questions.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Sure it does, using it right now as a Temporary solution.

How is a bug report not related to polishing new versions functionality?

Sure it is. Besides this is not a "how do I use it" question, this is an issue report monitored on Creators Update which is directly related to current software version.

6. Unwinder

I asked once, ask twice but there will be no third request. Please don't spam new version development thread with your "bug reports".

7. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    But Unwinder it is a worthy bug report. On the anniversary update I never had an issue with RTSS causing apps to fail with d3d9.dll error being the cause. With the creators update it lists d3d9.dll as the cause of the crash an the application never opens. No need to be defensive something changed from anniversary to creators to cause this. RTSS beta 16 in anniversary no issues creators is where it starts. Probably something to keep an eye out for as they changed something related to the d3d9.dll and hooking in the creators update and I dont think black listing every d3d9 app is the real answer here. We love your work and we are trying to bring to your attention worthy bugs. This is a a bug caused by the windows update not your app but you will probably need to take a peek as whats happening as a lot of d3d9 games will be having issues which defeats the purpose of having an osd for d3d9 games.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Haha is that a threat? Funny man. Go for it, best you can do is ban me, i'll make a new account.

I don't spam, I report. Know the difference.

So bug reports are Unrelated to New Version Development? That's very interesting, you seem to contradict yourself unless new versions feature will be "no support for Creators Update".

Anyways, issues occurred with Creators update which will be officially released in 8 days, over a large amount of software, here is an example based on Display Driver Uninstaller's log from user stevenstrike:
    Code:
    Nom de l’application défaillante Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, version : 17.0.6.1, horodatage : 0x58cbe74c
    Nom du module défaillant : d3d9.dll, version : 10.0.15063.0, horodatage : 0x631de416
    Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000000fd0c
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x285c
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d2a9762400f047
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : Z:\Downloads\Apps\DDU v17.0.6.1\Display Driver Uninstaller.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
    ID de rapport : 9bcde63c-1f81-4445-bdb0-799a309cb5c3
    Nom complet du package défaillant : 
    ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : 

9. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I think he has a point. Are you trying to report a problem with the beta version of AB/RTSS? If not, this is not the correct thread.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Creators is working as usual here, been using it since some months back via Insider though I do set up exclusions but that's primarily to not have the OSD monitoring pop up on software such as NotePad++ it hasn't caused anything to crash.

Uninstalling and re-installing Rivatuner and Afterburner and ensuring the profiles folder is removed could help for a clean setup. ("Global" and "Config" for RTSS in the Profiles folder MSIAfterburner.cfg for AB also in a Profiles folder.)

That's also what the "i" button / icon in Afterburner is used for, pressing shows info such as detected running 3D processes which you can then use to set up exclusions or other profile setting.

I just take one of the templates, copy it and rename it as exclusions mostly just contains.

[Hooking]
    EnableHooking = 0

In a file usually called [exename].exe.cfg

Just some basic advice, probably nothing new but I can definitively recommend setting up exclusions based on what AB / RTSS detects and tries to monitor if you do not want said software to be monitored. :)
    (Could be that it detects something and that software is what is causing issues so excluding that might solve the rest.)

As for AB 4.4.0b6 and RTSS 7.0.0b16 there's not much else I can say about them, been working well here since several releases back now, glad to hear about the recent update for anti-cheat software though as that will help a lot once the games using said anti-cheat solutions are updated. :)

New customization features are interesting too and it's nice to see a new skin for RTSS after using the default for a long while now, both are functional of course but I like this new design more.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017

11. Unwinder

No, it was a fair request for a man able to think and respect developer's decision. This thread is dedicated to new functionality development, if you don't know how to use application - please create new thread where someone can guide you. I don't need to repeat trivial application usage related things in development thread, with each new OS reinstall there are nice users who don't perform a clean install of RTSS and spam forums with the same issues. It was discussed a LOT of times and it is RTFM issue. And you could easily solve it by searching the forum instead of stealing my time and nerves on dealing personally with you.
    And you're acting like a kid thinking that your problem is the center of universe and stealing anyone's attention and forcing me to comment your "issues". Please don't come back until you learn to behave differently, you're really crossing red line.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ok, let's try it this way =)

13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    When running reshade 3.0.7 installation while Afterburner 4.4.0.9855 Beta 6+ RTSS 7.0.0. 13251 Beta 16 is already running, installation of reshade does not start, i need to add it to list and set Application detection level to None. Any idea why it's needed? (Win 10 OS Build 15063.11)

14. Unwinder

cryohellinc

You were right, just upgraded to Creators Update and it was indeed not a trivial reinstall requirement issue. Thanks for reporting, my bad. New build with hook engine tweaked for 15063 compatibility is available:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup700Beta17.rar

• Hook engine is now using alternate shorter x64 hook trampoline to provide compatibility with Windows 10 Creators Update Direct3D9 runtimes. The previous trampoline can be enabled via the configuration file if necessary

15. Unwinder

Check if beta 17 is addressing the issue. If not - give me the link to that installer.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Works normally now without needing to make exception for it, thank you mr. Unwinder :)

17. xV_Slayer

xV_Slayer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    That is all we were trying to let you know about man. We love the work and want to help you make it the best it can be.

18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Unwinder
    Thank you for updating it! :)

+1 to that! brolove (nohomo)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  19. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB

This is broken in Windows 10 Creators Update RTM Build (Released to manufacturing build which hits peoples computers on Tuesday the 11th.) It causes games like GTA V to crash on launch.

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Did you try beta 17 posted a few posts above?
    It supposedly works with CU.