RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Read thread _please_. Build with full Ryzen 3000 family support it already available for a LONG period of time.

2. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 super
    I have the same problem with
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 8G (GV-N206SWF2OC-8GD)
    bios stock

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2060 SUPER
    It's no big deal if you don't have it Andrei, you just need to find your maximum overclock by yourself rather than leave it to OC Scanner.

4. Unwinder

And you have the same way to solve it: contact Gigabyte and ask them why they decided to lock voltage/frequency curve editing functionality in their retail BIOS. It is not Gigabyte support forum, it is pointless to post it here over and over again.

5. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 super
    I've been chatting with gigabyte support for a week now and it comes down to
    1. Remove AORUS ENGINE and RGB Fusion.
    2. Uninstall the graphics driver completely.
    3. Turn off the computer.
    4. Remove the graphics card from the PC and then reset the BIOS (clear cmos) of the motherboard.
    5. Turn on the computer.
    6. Install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia website (It is advisable to avoid installing the "geforce experience" when installing the video driver (temporarily)).
    7. Install AORUS ENGINE and try again.

I don’t want to overclock it, I want to make an undervolt so that it does not warm up so much, if it is possible to do it without this function in the msi afterberner, tell me how

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 10:14 AM
  6. Unwinder

I'm afraid that it won't help. I seriously doubt that the steps mentioned above can cure that (unless AORUS Engine is performing firmware update functionality and could hurt it somehow).