MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    On-Screen Display layouts are saved in monitoring profiles now

Are you saving changes to a profile after making them?

2. PcMrRe88

PcMrRe88 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    yes i have the same problem , cpu temperature is not in order with others settings

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  3. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Yes, I try that.
    Still not saving OSD settings

4. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    Yes,I have the same problem ,It doesn't remember osd settings after saving them

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    how do i get the OSD to show avg. min. and max. framerates while gaming ?!

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'm back. ;)

eGGroLLiO, The1, HARDRESET and 2 others like this.
  7. Unwinder

That's not a bug, that's by design and that was documented and explained a few times. Pay attention to answer given by boogieman, reread it a couple times. All monitoring settings (including OSD settings) can be included in profile slots now to let you to switch between different OSD layouts with hotkeys. If you enabled monitoring settings to be included in profiles yourself ("Profile contents" settings in "Profiles" tab) then OSD settings will be reloaded from profile slot each time you load OC profile. So either include desired OSD settings in you OC profiles or disable storing monitoring settings into profiles.
    Exactly the same answer apply to PcMrRe88 and bigcid1.

8. Unwinder

Those values are getting collected and displayed as soon as you define and press "Begin benchmark" hotkey.

kx11 likes this.
  9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I hope you enjoyed the vacation :)welcome back.

Unwinder likes this.
  10. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Is it just me, or MSI Afterburner and OSD isn't working with DX9 games like CSGO, LOL ?

11. Unwinder

It is just you. It works fine with DX9 games, please learn to use search and do not use this thread for general troubleshooting and applucation usage related questions.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...ource-engine-games.427976/page-2#post-5698967

@Unwinder

I saw a user also having issues with the D3d9 crash in GTAVLauncher, so i posted a template to disable hooking it here,

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/247516623018131456/607870588186263573/GTAVLauncher.exe.cfg

I'm beginning to think it might actually be related to the issue with it not working in CSGO etc and maybe just needs the cache cleared, I haven't personally experienced it to confirm though.

13. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Stumbled upon an issue that "temp limit" is not loaded from profile correctly.

ok... did a complete clean install of MSI AB 4.6.2.15658 beta 2

default TempLimit after first launch of MSI AB is set to 80°C
    Saving everything as is to Profile#1
    clicking on link to "break up" chain between PowerLimit and TempLimit
    setting Power Limit to 101%, TempLimit to 90°C, CoreClock to +5, MemoryClock to +5
    clicking checkmark to apply settings (MSI Touch of Modern AB Skin by Drerex)
    clicking on disc icon to save, clicking on Profile #5

Now clicking on Profile#1 to load, changes every setting (PL=100%, CC=0, MC=0) but not the Link and not the TempLimit. Link is still "broken" and Temp Limit is shown still at 90°C.
    Only after I tried to click on Apply again, I noticed the Link and TempLimit was set to the loaded values from Profile #1.
    Clicking on Profile #5, again changes every value on the fly (PL=101%, CC=+5, MC=+5) except for the Link (still closed) and Temp Limit (still 80°C). Again I have to click on Apply to change these two settings to the values already loaded for this Profile #5.

Is it only the GUI, which isn't updated after loading a Profile, or are the values not set and only after clicking on apply they are?

PS: unlocked Voltage Control and also checked this. It does change on the fly when loading a Profile. No need to click Apply for it.

Andy

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  14. Unwinder

That's GUI issue, thermal limit controls are not refreshed until applying the profile. I'll fix it in the next beta.

Andy_K likes this.
  15. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Would there be any chance to implement external_fan control for the Strix cards in Afterburner? Currently you have to control it via GPU TweakII by ASUS, but I'd like to avoid having two utilities running at once.

16. Unwinder

Zero chances, sorry

17. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Pity, thank you for the quick response.

18. Unwinder

The first update after returning from vacation, RTSS 7.2.3 beta 3 build 20636 is available for download. This beta improves compatibility with recent Metro Exodus and Apex Legends patches:

· Improved compatibility with some Direct3D12 applications, which dynamically recreate swapchains during changing graphics settings (e.g. the most recent patch for Metro Exodus during toggling DLSS on/off)
    · Added On-Screen Display profile for Apex Legends. The profile is adding the game’s executable to delayed injection system triggers list in order to improve compatibility with customized implementation of Origin In-Game overlay used in Apex Legends

Vulkan bootstrap layer uninstallation has been tweaked a bit too. Now layer uninstallation is handled by dedicated command line switch instead of common RTSS uninstallation command line switch. So the layer cannot longer be erroneously uninstalled by RTSS client applications like MSI Afterburner.

Grab it here:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

OleMortenF, The1, Vulkan and 4 others like this.
  19. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Thanks very much Unwinder for your fast response and your effort to solve crash-issue, Metro Exodus (DX12) works stable now after changing the graphics settings in the game! :)

Unwinder likes this.
  20. Unwinder

I do not own this game, sorry.