RTG: Will Crimson Drivers have support for Assetto Corsa Competizione?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury

Start at 28:22 - 29:13 for confirmation on Vulkan support. However towards the end of that he talks about Vulkan breaking?

Start at 31:19 - 34:22 for Q asked about AMD support. IMO the answer is all over the place. Basically they say that performance between Nvidia vs AMD will be the same based on other games. I would have to disagree if DX12 and Vulkan is done correctly.

This game has TWIMTBP adverts. So, I have to ask if RTG is doing what it takes to get Vulkan working with this game as historically AMD has never performed well with Unreal Engine 4 titles. Specially in Dx11. Heck, even in the interview they say drivers are needed for DX11 from AMD. That's disconcerting. They will have game play reveal on 6-12-18 at E3.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiquiD
    Assetta Corsa was always good performer on my RIG.
    x6 280X = OK @ 1080p (Ultra/High low AA)
    Now ZEN + Fiji = OK @ 1440p (all Ultra)

But im not playing AC anylonger, because of lack of an Wheel ;)
    Forza or GTR (by Simbin) for me :D -Joypad driving in mind.-

3. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    I hope we get Vulkan support. Even though this isn't AC2 it does look good. For me, and I assume others, ACC is looking to be what GT Sport is for the PS4 (when it comes to GT racing). If you don't have nor want a PS4 and want to stick with gaming on the PC than ACC is going to be your best option.

Edit: Side Note:
    @OnnA
    Do me a favor. Next you play Forza 7 use tune for GT cars by Raceboy77. It will say something like "Div Spec" or something like that. You might have to add him on xbox as friend to see his tunes on Forza 7. This is based on assumption IF you never used a good tune before.

Car will drive completely different and whole lot better. There are other tuners like him that help community to get cars to drive like racing cars should. Don't waste your time with tuning calculators and self tunes. They don't work car always has "racing tune problems".

You will know what I mean when you use Raceboy77 tune. Cars have same feel as AC/PC2/GT Sport when taking corners with no assets on. That is the problem I have with Forza 7. It feels like everything is at Basic drive to work/go to the mall setup. Cars aren't tune for racing.

You get out classed by those "in the know for tunes" when you go online and realize you cannot keep up nor take corners at the same speed. You fine yourself going from 2nd place at start of race to 5-9 place before the 3 turn of the track.

I want to play racing game where a car is already tuned for racing. You can "fine tune it" to make it better but you shouldn't have to "recreate it". Forza 7 forces you "recreate it" in order to race it. Even if the car is already a racing car (Nascar, F1, GT to name a few). There is too much research required to be "Forza mechanic for racing". Even if you find out about a few modders that already have tunes out there for you to use. Which I do appreciate a lot.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  4. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Here is a classic example of UE4 in action...Meet State of Decay

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/06/06/state_decay_2_video_card_performance_review/1

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/06/06/state_decay_2_video_card_performance_review/2

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/06/06/state_decay_2_video_card_performance_review/3

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/06/06/state_decay_2_video_card_performance_review/7

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/06/06/state_decay_2_video_card_performance_review/7

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiquiD
    'You will know what I mean when you use Raceboy77 tune' ;)

Following Raceboy77 now :D -> I have some good Tunes also, but it's not Pro-Level
    More like adjusting a little to have More driving fun.

Brakes 125% with 55% Front aligment, etc.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiquiD
    "Second, this game uses DX11 versus DX12. It is known that sometimes AMD GPUs have a greater overhead running the DX11 API compared to NVIDIA GPUs, this is more of a driver thing. DX11 does have a lot of overhead on the driver level to begin with. DX12 can help alleviate this, and also AMD GPUs seem to perform better when running DX12. That is, performance improvement is achieved running DX12 in games on AMD GPUs. If State of Decay 2 were to have used the DX12 API it could have meant a big boost in performance on AMD GPUs, making them rise up to the performance of the NV GPU counterparts in this game." -> im strongly disagree with this one o_O

Yup, ATI Radeons from GCN lineup up to Vega have strong Hardware Sheduler dependence, if game uses Older instance of UE3/4 it is mostly dependant on Software Sheduler -> That's all
    Why game uses Older versions of UE3/4? -> This is Bias not UE itself (Yup it's like this, newer UE4 has H/W Sheduler implementation in DX11.1 & DX12)

rVidia should upgrade it's 12 Year H/W already ;) not only Die Shrink and multiple Cuda Cores lol (we all know it's OK for Older API)
    They will be caught unguarded when PS5/Xbox 2X hit the market and developers, like Intel was with it's Old Core tech.
    Now it's time for Close to Metal APIs and this is future, not some gimmicks to distract attention.

All in all it's just unfair, 10 years for 4 cores domination and nothing more at ~300$ price point !!! (98% ppl)
    THX GOD for ZEN, You will see this Fruit comes to play in new BF V -> 8/16 for smooth Physics @300$ lol

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  7. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Software Eng for Assetto Corsa Competizione indicated they are having problems with Vulkan but seem to have DX11 working just fine. But need drivers from AMD. Since they can use Vulkan the gist is that they are using, at least, UE 4.19 (well at least I hope they are). You are saying that newer version of UE uses a hardware scheduler that would solve the performance issue with AMD cards. I get that. However, is there a test case scenario were AMD performed as well as Nvidia in DX11 in this instance with this hardware scheduler though? Because I still believe that Vulkan is the better option for AMD.

From what the developer said in the OP they expect performance to be what it normally should be between Nvidia and AMD. Well if we go by any game using Unreal Engine this doesn't bold well for my Fury card. Because it will take an AMD high end card to get mid range performance. This has been the normal for AMD cards playing Unreal Engine games.

BTW doesn't members of the RTG visit this forum?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    AMD_Matt is chilling in overclockersUK forums in the drivers section for sure, lots of comments there.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiquiD
    Try & install Epic Launcher then try some Tech Demos -> you'll see that you can Play game looking like the Elemental Demo or Infiltrator @1440p with Fury NP
    Those Visuals tho is just stuning. (Yup this is only RAW Tech Demo not a game ;))

New ver. of UE4 is 4.20 Preview

10. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...orsa-competizione-–-community-faq-blog.49241/

Hmm, I know it's a bit early but shouldn't they also have AMD specs by now?

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiquiD
    ^^ But, but no one uses Radeon ;)
    Yet we have >400.000.000 devices with Radeon on-Board
    PC,Consoles, Mac, Linux etc.