RTCore plug-in for CPU temp

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by LeBabouin, Nov 18, 2009.

1. LeBabouin

LeBabouin New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX295
    Hello !

As soon as I paste the RTCore dll, cfg and rth files in the \RivaTuner v2.24 MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 edition\PlugIns\Monitoring folder, the setting panel for plug-ins has the "OK" button grayed for all plug-ins.

[​IMG]

2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Take latest RealTemp it has an updated plugin for Nehalem/Lynnfield.
    Maybe it helps, if not I'll ask Kevin to take a look here. :)

3. unclewebb

unclewebb Active Member

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
  4. LeBabouin

LeBabouin New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX295
    Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately, still the same. Also it only gives core0 temperature though it shows up core1 load :3eyes:

Thanks too unclewebb. Where did you get your file from ?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009

5. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Something doesn't look right there.
    I have an E8400 and I'm fine with plugin, I dunno what's up with your Lynnfield. :(

Ah, and unclewebb is Kevin, RealTemp developer. :)

6. LeBabouin

LeBabouin New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX295
    Oh ! Happy having met you :) Many congrats and thanks !

At least I now have the whole RealTemp on my PC now and it's so helpfull. Seems I have to get a 3rd party cooler for the CPU, RealTemp showing up to 69°C while ingame :banana:
    Please see under what RivaTuner shows with the 3.40 or 3.42 Beta RealTemp plugged through the "RivaTuner" button in Realtemp settings panel: core0 temp and load% and only load% for core1 and not any other core displayed.
    Not sure what's the previous version of RealTemp plugin I had but it showed up the 4 cores' temp and load, but the 4 cores the same temp and load though.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. unclewebb

unclewebb Active Member

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    LeBabouin: The biggest problem I have lately developing RealTemp and especially the RivaTuner plugin is finding testers.

If you have the time I will work with you until this problem is solved. It's beyond bedtime here but I'll check in tomorrow and see if I can come up with a fix.

8. unclewebb

unclewebb Active Member

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/y8p3cr

Here's version 3.49 of the RTCore.dll

LeBabouin: Can you test it out and tell me if it works on your i7-860? One user had to install the latest version of RivaTuner to get it to work correctly on his i5-750. Any feedback would be great.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  9. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    can a plugin be made for msi afterburner??

10. unclewebb

unclewebb Active Member

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    I don't understand this question. Doesn't RivaTuner already have plugins available that shows you all of the same information that AfterBurner shows you? RivaTuner also includes the overclocking features that AfterBurner has and was written by the same programmer as RivaTuner so what's the difference? AfterBurner looks like a cut down version of RivaTuner with an MSI logo on it. Is there something I don't understand here?

By the way, where are the software testers for the RTCore.dll plugin that I wrote? It's not too hard to post a few graphs. Lack of constructive feedback is one of the reasons why free software developers are leaving the scene.

11. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    He means that since msi afterburner is based of rivatuner

could the plugin be altered to work with it or would the actual msi program need to be edited.

12. unclewebb

unclewebb Active Member

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    Sorry there, I must have had the stupid cap on. That question makes more sense.

You'll have to ask the programmer of RivaTuner if MSI AfterBurner can be made to support RivaTuner plugins. Probably not.

13. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Hi Unclewebb,

3.49 works great here on a Q9550. I did not pipe up cause all of the recent version have worked great for me, and I don't have a i5 or i7 to test with. Thanks for all your efforts!!!

14. unclewebb

unclewebb Active Member

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    3.49 has a few improvements so that when you're sampling at less than 1000 ms, you can still get some accurate data now. I can get down to about 25 ms but then the load of RivaTuner updating so frequently takes over. :)

I'll keep lurking on other i7-860 / i7-870 forums and do some mild thread crapping if I have to so I can get some feedback. It's for a good cause. I'm pretty sure it works OK now but it's always nice to see some results. A user with an i5-750 gave it a thumbs up so I just need a tester or two with a processor that supports hyper threading.

15. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    sorry i should have elaborated. the guys above are kinda right.
    i recently upgraded to msi 5770 and rivatuner no longer displays gpu details only the plugins, so i have to use both afterburner(for gpu temps\load etc) and rivatuner (for cpu plugin and HDD ram etc). i was hoping to just use afterburner only ,so can u make a cpu plugin for i7 for afterburner? i have a g15 so the lcd HWmon display is very helpfull.

edit: afterthought: if you need any beta testers id be happy to help

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Afterburner's hardware monitoring module is not extendable via plugins and there are no plans to add plugins system for it in future, sorry.

17. LeBabouin

LeBabouin New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX295
    So sorry I wasn't there when needed :bed: I guess you got the feedback but will give mine though. Just need some time to raise RT memories back. I was running RT 2.24.

18. djmorgan

djmorgan Member Guru

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    I just loaded your new .dll for Rivatuner monitoring on my i7 860 and it works fine without any problems so far.

19. LeBabouin

LeBabouin New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX295
    Still strictly same behaviour for me (cf. http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3355410&postcount=6 ) so I go to the basic question : is pasting RTCore.dll and RTCore.cfg into \Program Files\RivaTuner v2.24 MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 edition\PlugIns\Monitoring the only thing to do to make it work ?