RT RC15.2 Softmod

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by gafa, Oct 4, 2004.

?

RT RC15.2 Softmod success

1. Yes, 16 pipelines and 6vp ON and working :D

139 vote(s)
    57.2%
  2. Yes, 16 pipelines and 5vp

8 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Yes, 12 pipelines and 6vp

69 vote(s)
    28.4%
  4. No :(

27 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Oliii

Oliii Member

GPU:
    Inno3D Geforce 6800GT 256GDDR3
    But I did something wrong or just the card is wrong , so I fried it up or it is just wrong...................

2. FreelancerSVN

FreelancerSVN New Member

You could lower the clocks to 325/700 and run your tests again just for the fun of it. If the anomalies dissapear u can return it b/c your cooling system isn't functioning properly.

3. Oliii

Oliii Member

GPU:
    but can I frie up the card by enabling the hardware masked units??? you mean if I enable the hardware masked units the core temperature go up and thats why causes overheating but not because I just enable the units and- paff- the whole chip burn down... Do you know what I mean??

4. FreelancerSVN

FreelancerSVN New Member

OK, Oliii this seems to be getting very interesting.
    I've had the same problem, but I've managed to fix it.
    When I rebooted my PC, I noticed white dots all over the background. After lowering my core & mem clocks to default, the problem was fixed. Howerver anomalies similar/same as yours were present in games.
    I disabled all masked units and uninstalled NVStrap. The problem didn't go away. Also the card failed it's internal test at any frequency.
    The only thing left was to reflash the BIOS - I did so and the problem was gone.
    I've decided that this whole thing is not worth it. You may get a few additional % of performance, but the risks are simply too great. It seems that this whole procedure is extremely experimental and unpredictable, plus the 6800NU is not a cheap card you can simply play with and toss it into the garbage can after you're done. Not to mention the time you spend trying to make it work.
    I'll enjoy playing my games with my old settings without any worries about graphical anomalies or any other problems. I can live with 5 less frames per second.
    Anyway back on topic - Flash your bios, Oliii, hopefully it will fix your problems as well. Let us know.

5. Oliii

Oliii Member

GPU:
    Really ??
    You had the same problem hmm thats interesting you just reboot your computer and the white dots appeard??
    Okay first of all I will reinstall the whole windows and then I will check again and then I will reflash the bios somehow but I dont know how yet....
    But I cant understand how could this card memorize the settings which we've made.......
    Please if anybody knows (eg.: author) something about this problem share with us...
    Thanks but I m still worried about the card because I got this by a change of another 6800 which was deffective so..

6. Oliii

Oliii Member

GPU:
    The problem is only that I dont have Inno3D Bios so Im LOST!!!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

7. Oliii

Oliii Member

GPU:
    I lowered the frequencies and the white dots gone but with this lower setting the card is very hot 65 celsius...
    But the stock speed of it more higher but what should I do because no BIOS available to download.......

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    give it a bit. theres a resident bios guru. hopefully he'll see your request

9. Oliii

Oliii Member

GPU:
    Who is a BIOS guru (name)??
    And is it possible that Riva tunner did something wrong in the Bios of the card, can Riva tunner reconfigure the card's bios?

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i can't remeber their, but go here theres a bios sticky. you should hopefully find what your looking for there :) http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    riva tuner didnt do anything wrong. you just possibly have a corrupt bios and need to flash a new one on to your card.

12. Oliii

Oliii Member

GPU:
    Okay I see , I found Bios for my VGA for Inno3D 6800 NU ( it means: non ultra ???)
    so the Bios number is the same so it would be good for me.. but as you can see I have an Inno3D Gef 6800 Premium Edition it means that Inno did a little tuning on the card so it runs on higher frequencies 350/800.
    Inno has two simple 6800 the Premium edition and a simple 6800... the memory timings and the freqs. are different.

So if I flash it with a non premium model's bios what will be then??
    Does the Bios control the frequencies??

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    maybe thats the problem. your card shouldn't have had the bios with the 350/800 settings. a normal 6800 runs at 325/700. maybe your card just cant take those higher clocks ? some cant .. luck of the draw

14. Oliii

Oliii Member

GPU:
    ohh no the number is different : 5.40.02.12.01d
    there is a 'd' after it, ohh my god :(

15. Heliok

Heliok Guest

I received my Gainward 2100Gs today.. lots of testings.. some conclusions...
    12x6 worked 100% flawlessly.
    16x6 I got little artifacts in lights in 3dmark03. What is weird is with 66.81 drivers I get a lot of artifacts, and with 61.77 they are almost gone.
    So, if its a defective pipeline, why changing the driver affects it so much ?
    I tried upping the gpu voltage in BIOS to 1.4, but had no effect, only raised my temps.

16. Emanem

Emanem Member

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce 6800@16/6 (2100)
    Hio!

I got 66.93 drivers...should rivatuner go fine with these drivers or should I wait for more recent rivatuner?

Byez, Emanem! :D

17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Riva will work fine. it does for me anyhow :)

18. HellSpawn

HellSpawn Member

GPU:
    HIS ATi Radeon X1900 XT@X
    Hmm, Interesting.. I'm going to give it a try with 61.77. I hope it'll work. SO it's kind of depend on the driver too i guess huh ?

19. Th3R1pp3r

Th3R1pp3r Guest

Hey I have the same Video Card.. Gainward 6800NU Golden Sample.. and successfully modded to 16x6.. Try the new Drivers 66.93 cuz I believe that problem u had is a driver problem and not a deffective pipes problem..

Another question is how did you Up de voltage in the Bios??? I've been trying to flash my Bios and haven't been successfull..

Please guide me on this matter, I want to Up my GPU Voltage to 1.4v or 1.5v..

Thanks.

20. HellSpawn

HellSpawn Member

GPU:
    HIS ATi Radeon X1900 XT@X
    you download the normal bios from gainward..and find Nibitor and download it.. And you can do the rest.. it's easy..you'll figure it out when you download the program.. i did increase it to 1.4, but it didn't change anything..
    When i installed the 61.77, i still got lots of artifacts.. I think i'm the unlucky one as usual.. :( ..never had a luck and never will be.. i wish there were some way to fix these pipeline or use a fake pipeline like when you are overclocking, showing the ram's as Fake DDR.. o'well :(