RT RC15.2 Softmod

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by gafa, Oct 4, 2004.

?

RT RC15.2 Softmod success

1. Yes, 16 pipelines and 6vp ON and working :D

139 vote(s)
    57.2%
  2. Yes, 16 pipelines and 5vp

8 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Yes, 12 pipelines and 6vp

69 vote(s)
    28.4%
  4. No :(

27 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Mancha

Mancha New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX800SE 256MB
    Tried 10 pieces of MSI NX6800LE today
    3 worked perfectly with 16x6
    1 worked ok (16x6) but with a bit of red dots here-and-there
    1 worked ok, but started artifacting after a while
    rest worked like 12x5 or 12x6
    Unfortunately no individual info on the pipes, I was at work, and in a hurry, so I had no time to write it down (each one was different)
    Here`s info for the one I got for myself:
    Pixel units 2 and 3 were hardware masked
    Vertex units 3 and 5 were hardware masked

Oh, and I forgot the most important thing: Thanks a 1.000.000. Unwinder !!!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  2. HitMaker

HitMaker Member

GPU:
    HIS HD2900XT 512MB
    I fotgot, on my asus ge v9999:

pixel unit 0 and vertex unit 3 ;)

3. Subtestube

Subtestube Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N68128DH 6800 NU
    "So, every GE V9999 is softmoddeable"

Could be wrong, but I recall someone here posting that they had a bad pixel quad on their GE. The thread is so long I can't be bothered looking back through it.

4. whlr

whlr Guest

I have the XFX 6800LE 128MB. I got to 16 1,5vp. Pixelunit 2 and 3 off and Vertexunit 0 and 1. Too bad 1 isn't working.

[​IMG]

5. HellSpawn

HellSpawn Member

GPU:
    HIS ATi Radeon X1900 XT@X
    i wish my pipelines were working..

6. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Great work mate! (Svaka cast kolega!)

So, all 10 6800LE cards were moddable one way or the other! Can't beat the price performance in that, can you! :D

I wish i could buy one of those fully moddable LE's from you... do you work at a computer store by any chance? ;)

7. HellSpawn

HellSpawn Member

GPU:
    I have a question (i hope i will get an answer)

I know it's a stupid question but i want to ask it anyways..

If i change the Vendor of the card (Gainward to MSI or XFX or whatever) will it help pipeline work ? (i know it's proabably no, because they are already damaged, BUT maybe gainward made an protection or something ? ) any hope ? worth trying ?

8. JulienD

JulienD Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800NU
    wow this got long quick. Ok this is kind of a repost but with the data unwinder asked for.

eVGA 6800NU 16/6 no artifacts no loss in O/C.
    Pixel unit 0 hardware masked
    Vertex unit 0 hardware masked

Unwinder you are a legend. Congrats on your excellent results and thank you for being THE MAN!

J.

9. jhatfie

jhatfie Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
    Just got my Chaintech AA6800 today. Did a quick OC tests and settled on 395/900 for now.

Pixel unit 0 and Vertex unit 3 were hardware masked. Now running 16/6 with no noticable artifacts in testing so far. Very pleased. Thank you very much Unwinder!

10. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    maybe it's better to admit the fact that your pipelines are really damaged,no? :( you've been trying to find ways to make them work, but no matter what vendor you change the bios to, no matter how much voltage you put into the core, that won't fix the broken pipelines. it's just plain bad luck, i guess. but hey, don't trust me, i could be wrong, and maybe those pipelines are just waiting for some kind of creative tweaking ;) so keep on dreaming :sleep:

11. Forgiven

Forgiven Guest

I checked out my turbo chaintech and I get black dots in return to proxicon. The odd thing is that it is the only demo that those appear in. I get no other distortions and I will be trying actual gameplay tomorrow. I am going to try the Nibitor thing as well.

I will also try D3 to see if it is something there, but if it is only particular situations I would think that was odd...thoughts?

Thanks

12. Forgiven

Forgiven Guest

No artifacts in 2003 or DoD or D3...very strange. I think it has something to do with voltages and heavy textures causing artifacting...guessing though.

I am using a Chaintech turbo 6800...any thoughts?

13. HitMaker

HitMaker Member

GPU:
    HIS HD2900XT 512MB
    I guess you are talking about someone who had a GE with 16 pipes on gives him a few artifacts, but i also remember he said the card was with OC, and maybe it was because of that, we know that core temperature goes higher with all pipes enable, so maybe was a Temperature/OCing problem ;)

14. bounCk

bounCk New Member

Hi,
    my Gainward 6800LE now works @ 12x1, 16 !

Pixel Unit 2+3 were hw masked and
    Vertex Unit 3+5 were hw masked

Now its working with PU 2 and VU 3+5 enabled without any Problems. When I also enabling PU 3 system starts but there are vertical stripes on windows desktop. Is this PU defect or is there a chance to enable it with more voltage in Bios ?

15. MASTER-STYX

MASTER-STYX Guest

i have a question.

can i rise the voltage of the core on the 6800 LE only with the riva-tuner ? without bios-flashing?

now i want buy 2 6800 LE.
    which one is better for unlocking ?

the AOpen Aeolus 6800LE

or the

Leadtek WinFast A400LE-TDH GeForce 6800 LE ?

16. HellSpawn

HellSpawn Member

GPU:
    i always try to find someways to do something and not give up ;).. but i guess i have to give up now... i wish there was a thing that fixes the damaged pipelines.. I should of bought Leadtek a400 instead of Gainward 6800 GS or LE .. o'well.. Thanks anyway. :)

17. Skazz

Skazz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB
    Our Dutch tweakers results from unlocking XFX and AOpen 6800LEs show very little difference between makes. Yóu get lucky or not. About 50% of 6800LEs seem to be fully operational after unlocking all pipelines/shaders, and about 85% of all 6800LEs allow at least 12 pipelines to be opened.

18. Dutch Guy

Dutch Guy Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GT @ 480/1180Mhz
    Actually, unlocking my 6800NU lowered the load temp from 71C to 65C and hasn't affected my overclock at all, and I even run the memory higher now without problems.

19. MASTER-STYX

MASTER-STYX Guest

thnx 4 the answer ... sorry my english is not the best :D

i have a last question.

can i rise the voltage of the core (NV40) on the 6800 LE with the RIVA-TUNER ?

PS:
    i buy now 2*6800LE from AOPEN with the hope to unlock them ...

20. FoGBaV

FoGBaV Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800LE
    No ... unwinder does not implement the Voltage feature in his RivaTuner ... because of to many Noobs witch would burn the GraCards ...

Can anybody tell me why my LE is getting Lower Tempreature (51 Degrres) when i overclock behind 350 MHz ....?

Normal Temp (2D / Not OC) is 61 ...

Please ....... somebody .... tell us the secret .... 8)