RSurvivo2

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by B NEGATIVE, Jan 20, 2013.

1. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE Active Member

GPU:
    3x EVGA 670 FTW
    Hey Guys,I have a new build log to share!

I have always had a soft spot for Group B rally cars,The 'Killer' B's were the most awesome bits of kits ever to grace motorsport,but due to some accidents they were disbanded

Group B was a set of regulations introduced in 1982 for competition vehicles in sportscar racing and rallying regulated by the FIA. The Group B regulations fostered some of the quickest, most powerful and sophisticated rally cars ever built and is commonly referred to as the golden era of rallying. However, a series of major accidents, some of them fatal, were blamed on their outright speed and lack of crowd control. After the death of Henri Toivonen and his co-driver Sergio Cresto in the 1986 Tour de Corse, the FIA disestablished the class, which was replaced as the top-line formula by Group A. The short-lived Group B era has acquired legendary status among rally fans.

Group B had few restrictions on technology, design and the number of cars required for homologation to compete—200, less than other series. Weight was kept as low as possible, high-tech materials were permitted, and there were no restrictions on boost, resulting in the power output of the winning cars increasing from 250 hp in 1981,the year before Group B rules were introduced, to there being at least two cars producing in excess of 500 by 1986, the final year of Group B. In just 5 years, the power output of rally cars had more than doubled!

This is a bit of a tribute for the (in my eyes) finest of all these 4x4 rocketships....The RS200!!

[​IMG]

And in its road going form...

[​IMG]

And a little demo of how good this cars really is!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP-peuYguL8[/VIDEO]
    The basis for this build is the White Survivor kindly sent to me from Bitfenix with the loop provided by Aquatuning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This case suits my theme brilliantly with its white curves and solid construction.

Lets have a look inside?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

200mm exhaust fan

[​IMG]

First thing to do is remove all the bays,I will be fitting all the FC and whatnot internally so i can get clean lines on the outside.

[​IMG]

A simple way of getting rid of rivets without drilling is to use a chisel and hammer..

[​IMG]

Put the flat edge on the surface that the rivet is one and give it a wallop,the rivet will be cut like butter!.

[​IMG]

Very easy to do,very good for tight access areas!

2. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE Active Member

GPU:
    3x EVGA 670 FTW
    The loop will comprise of Alphacool kit,CPU block,GPU block and rads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The CPU block

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The GPU block

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Backplate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

None of my builds would be complete without Magoo adding his creative input which in this instance requires walkies..

[​IMG]

Thanks to

[​IMG]

for letting me have some fun with this build.

and

[​IMG]

For providing the cooling.

3. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE Active Member

GPU:
    3x EVGA 670 FTW
    Found some G1/4 Banjo bolts......

[​IMG]

These with the copper tube I use,or maybe even braided hose, would really carry the Rally theme off,Just need to find some that are better to look at.......

I was hoping to find some with a more automotive look

4. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE Active Member

GPU:
    3x EVGA 670 FTW
    Ok,this update is about flipping the tray and having a look at what space i have.

ATX....not cool.
    I am a fan of R-ATX and with this case its simple to do.

[​IMG]

Drill out all the rear panels rivets and get the tray out.

[​IMG]

Flip her over and slide it in.

[​IMG]

TA DAAH!
    All the rivet holes line up,its only the top of the case where I need drill fresh holes.

Test fit the rad? Yeah,why not.

[​IMG]

It fits.
    The bleed port on the top has just volunteered to be the new drain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That mesh over the fans has to go...

I wont be using the Corsair fans,I will be using BitFenix Spectre PRO's,I used them to get a rough idea of how it all fits.

Rough cut the grill out,this is being replaced with mesh covering the whole open section.

[​IMG]

Filed and fitted.

[​IMG]

Get the trusty donkey PSU in for a test fit.

[​IMG]

I will be using a 2013 Corsair GS600 for this build,dont need massive power this time round.

More updates coming soon,I need to get some work done on Arctic Water first tho.....