Rome: Total War nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nt020, Oct 19, 2007.

1. nt020

nt020 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7900GS
    I have recently upgraded my graphics card to a 7800GS and have also updated the drivers (I don't remember what driver where installed before). I have subsequently tried to play RTW, but it now consistently crashes when on the battle map. I the game was somewhat unreliable before the card change, but now it always crashes, to the point where I cannot play the game...unless I skip all battles...

I have looked into it and found that it could be a driver issue with nvidia cards. Therefore I would like to ask people with this game and nvidia cards what drivers you have installed?

Thanks.

Also, just to mention that I have already tried all patches and have completely uninstalled the game and reinstall it (deleting the Activision folder).

2. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    You tried older drivers? I'd like to help more but I haven't play it in a long time. Freaking campaign was taking forever.

3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    hey there, i have had the problems before, its a step back but i find all my games play well with NO crashes using drivers 92.91

4. nt020

nt020 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7900GS
    I did try some 6x.xx and 7x.xx drivers, but for some reason they would not install properly.

I am currently using 84.43, but I will give the 92.91 version a go.