Rome 2: Total War?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 25, 2012.

1. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    PC gaming is getting lamer and lamer.

If they don't plan on supporting me with their much vaunted SLI/CF, then this will be the last time I invest in it.

Most of the games I play these days run fine at 1080P on one high end card so I will ditch the 1600P monitors for gaming and buy some good 1080P IPS monitors instead.

I've promoted SLI for a very long time with friends and customers and I own several SLI based rigs but as you say, multi GPU setups are not as well supported as they used to be (especially on the part of Nvidia).

There was a time when you would always have an SLI profile on or before day 1 of x games release, this is simply not the case anymore.

2. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Thats funny because in the Rome 2 benchmark i average 33fps but when actually playing a battle it averages at 10fps.

The benchmark is easy as hell on your computer compared to actual "real" battles in the game. The best benchmark is just to boot up the first prologue battle. It's a system hog.

Of course it looks ugly. MLAA.
    When will devs learn that all their dollars spent on fancy models and animations are worth jack **** when we can't actually SEE THEM behind all the jaggy noisy pixels flickering everywhere in our eyes?

I'd rather have Medieval 2 TW graphics with proper 4x MSAA (yeah, i'm so modest, doesnt even have to be SSAA). What's the point of having more detailed models and shaders if the flickering jaggies prevent you from seeing the detail?

Astonishing they still didnt learn from Shogun 2's release.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wow, angry thread (and rightly so), i agree on single gpu for next upgrade and hope highend Maxwell will be it, minimum 3-6gb for vram also.

I was reading WOT over at RockPaperShotgun.com, and they dont seem to mention many performance issues or bland gfx..

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Ahhhh, the blame game, what a joker :rolleyes:

Of course it is us who should contact Nvidia and AMD respectively. I guess proper support for video hardware isn't part of the asking price. Maybe it will be released as 'DLC' :finger:

I'll tell you what CA/Sega - You send me the considerable profit from this 'game' and I'll be more than happy to do your job for you :confused:

How about you contact them before you release your broken game and work with them on getting profiles sorted out before release day.

Like I said, lamer and lamer.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  6. Red River

Red River Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti
    glad me didn't upgrade my rig
    I should be able to run this maxed out ROFL

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    That moderator says he's a "volunteer support" though, not an actual CA employee.

The bad performance could also depend on the game being brutally demanding on the CPU, not just drivers

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Someone already compared dx9/dx11 performance?

9. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Anyone got any ideas on this seems odd to me when playing my CPU usage sits at 50% and my GPU usage sits at 75% I've set it in the control panel to maximize performance and single display does this seem right the percentages also it seems to not use more than 1Gb ram on my system.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Optimization issues..

12. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Its weird but since dropping my rez down to 1080p and setting visuals to ultra the 30-50fps I'm getting still seems pretty smooth and playable! Would be nice if at some point I could have both cards running.

I have just started a campaign with the Romans and my really noobish question is what do I need to do to unlock cavalry units??

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    might be a tech or a building?

not playing this game for a looong time. at least until the stupidly fast battles are sorted out.

14. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    i am getting 35-50fps @ 5940 x 1080 2d Surround ....

15. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The guy who wrote that doesn't know his history. Ignoring early Roman Maniples, the later Roman periods (which people love to see) had a different sized unit called "Cohorts" as well. These could be split off from the region and moved around at will.

16. boerenlater

boerenlater Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    My card doesn't like this game while Shogun 2 FotS ran quite well.
    Any optimization things? Any configs i can edit?

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Atleast they're supporting the game. They should consider allowing those who have purchased the game early enough to participate in a closed beta from here on.

20. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Okay. Looks like SLI support incoming.

CA's response to no SLI support: