Rogue One!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Coolerking, Apr 7, 2016.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Who cares if it's a female lead? As long as she doesn't suck then it's time to move on from the man-fest that action movies have been. I honestly don't give two s**** about diversity in my entertainment, just that it's entertaining.

The trailer looks promising. I'm not seeing a problem with an overload of Star Wars so long as the quality doesn't suffer. So far so good...

2. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Music at the end gives me goosebumps

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Actor playing Kylo Ren apparently kept that stupid mask even between shoots.
    (To stay in character or something...) Maybe he was oxygen deprived.

4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, whatever he did, it didn't help ;)

He really hurts the film imho, I don't know what JJ was thinking with that choice.

5. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC

:heh:

6. hellbloodz

hellbloodz Member

GPU:
    amd
    This is set between episode 3 and episode 4 and it shows how the plans to the death star were stolen. December is now the month of Star Wars!

7. mmicrosysm2

mmicrosysm2 Member Guru

GPU:
    8 MB SDRAM
    Looks promising!

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW

If you mean the CGI cartoon villain we got to see, I seriously hope not.

It's pretty obvious he will be the one who kills that 50Ft tall cartoon character in episode 9.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Looks better each time you watch the trailer.
    I also love Donnie and it will be interesting to see his role in all of this.
    Also, cool that Genevieve O'Reilly looks just like Caroline Blakiston did in '83

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I seriously hope that Snoke is using a hologram that enhances his scale, otherwise it's really, really cheesy. My theory is (and it would make a lot of sense) is that Supreme Leader Snoke is actually Darth Plagueis (Darth Sidious' former Master), the Sith Lord who figured out how to be immortal, even though he got "killed" by Sidious. Darth Plagueis also looks a lot like Snoke in the novels, and he is unusually tall and alien, but not THIS tall...

Either way, this Kylo Ren "villain" is incredibly underwhelming, from every point of view, and I can only hope that he is not the main evil in the next 2 episodes... especially with all the way cooler possibilities out there.

11. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'm sure I read somewhere that it was confirmed that the hologram scale was larger than life. I can't for the life of me remember where though.

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    I think the idea is that he is the antitheses of Yoda.

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Well the first movie made sucha big thing of him being indecisive about finally committing to the Dark Side, with him killing his father being shown as some sort of closure on that and him finally completing his move to the Dark Side so it only seems reasonable that after all that we will get one movie where he is all uber bad but shock horror something will happen at the end of that movie which will make him re question his commitment before the final movie has him struggle and then decide he is good... almost exactly like the original franchise (though Vaders struggle and turn happened in a much shorter period of time) Kylo will even end up sacrificing himself in some heroic gesture to save someone. (lol just like Vader)

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    He will not have to. Luke's daughter has already proven to be a master of the force without needing any training. In true fairly tale fashion, she will save everyone without suffering a single scratch; mentally or physically. Schlock is schlock no matter how one looks at it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  15. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    We don't know if she's had training or not until the next movie. She could have had her mind wiped, and as she was put into extreme situations the training came back? Judging a trilogy on one part is ignorance.

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Honestly, a mind wipe. Oh yes, have to have that Total Recall moment when her mind cap is blown and the training comes back...muscle memory. Mastering a situation just by taking a deep breath to hey maybe there is more to this mind control stuff... Hesitate one second, to take a concentration break, in a life threatening situation and you're taking a dirt nap for eternity. One either keeps composer through the entire fight or becomes tomorrow's fodder. There was no sign of a "lucky break." When a director starts down that road, there is no coming back. All one can do is see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

17. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    So now it's bad because something else might have done it? It's a wonder you don't outright hate all forms of media from the past hundred years. You're going out of your way to dislike the new movies and it shows, and frankly it's a little pathetic. I suggested one way, not all -- there are others. I wont bother to share with someone who simply doesn't care either way. The next two movies could be absolute masterpieces and you will still complain. You've proven my point, you're wantonly ignorant and refuse to accept the story isn't finished. You arrogantly believe that because you dislike the first movie the next two must be bad.

PS:

[​IMG]

It seems you didn't keep your composure during your reply.

18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Because my opinion differs from others I am arrogant and wantonly ignorant; interesting. Where is it mentioned the story is finished? Where is it said that I disliked the first installment. It was enjoyable for what it was...nothing more. Just because it has Star Wars attached to it does not make it an instant classic; cult status more than likely. Schlock if it does not take it self too seriously can be very enjoyable.

Edit: oops a spelling error was found...oh my gosh I am so humiliated...time to hide back under the rock from whence I came. Thanks for the educational insight. If a picture was not included...would never have known what a composure is.

19. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Just trying to help my fellow forum goer, no need for humiliation.

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    uh, I think I lost my composer. Where's the conductor? He's on the trolley. Hoser, poser...that's right Mouser.

Are the voices in my head bothering you? The doctor gave me pills to silence them but they are telling me not to take any...

Guess I'll just have to keep waiting for Godot.

Edit: Peace or is it Piece? I'm all broken up