Rockstar Games Launcher

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MerolaC, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I have Max Payne 3 on Steam but yet the Rockstar Games Launcher only gives me an option to Install rather than Play on Steam which shows for GTA V and Bully Scholarship Edition (both also on Steam).

Confusingly, if I go to pre-purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 on RGL then at the choice of 2 free games GTA V and Max Payne 3 are both unselectable as you'd expect but it allows me to pick Bully, which it already acknowledges I own on Steam since the launcher has a Play on Steam button!!!

Is this launcher buggy or is just my PC?

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Either you have the game installed on steam and the launcher sees that. (wont install double) , or you linked your steam account to the launcher prior buying RDR2,
    best is not to have the game installed and account linked when you buy RDR2.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The launcher will only see your installation of max payne if it is installed after the new launcher.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    So these rockstar clowns still haven't filtered our DR disks to the Launcher, so un-mounted card readers will throw up (multiple) no disk errors.

5. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    And then people ask...why are you waiting for Steam? So Rockstar can beta test the game for one month!