ROCCAT Taito Control Gaming Mousepad

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ROCCAT adds a new gaming surface to its Taito Series. The expertly crafted Taito Control takes the award-winning blueprint of the original Taito and re-develops it with an emphasis on more precise con...

ROCCAT Taito Control Gaming Mousepad

2. perche24

perche24 Member

GPU:
    kfa2 1060 gtx
    so 20 euros are now 17$, :puke2: ,like 5 euros overpriced , no thx i still with my custom mousepad of artcow for 0,80 cents.

3. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    i've bought a $3 allsop mousepad on amazon which looks pretty cool and has been working well over 2 years. no noticeable wear n tear and no issues with gaming.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Using Razer Sphex for years, wouldn't want anything else.

5. mst3kld

mst3kld Member

GPU:
    (2) MSI 6950 2gb OC
    That surface is amazing but I would wear it out every 6 months and its too small for games where you need to track instead of snap.

6. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Right now im using a Razar Goliathus and the quality is really good and have sewed edges (compared with all the crap made by Razer is amazing)

7. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    20€ is a lot to ask for a mouse pad.

Now I use Everglide Titan with my gaming rig and it's really solid. I've had it for so many years, machine washed it a few times, and it still kinda works, but I think I'll replace it this year. Razer Kabuto was my laptop mat of choice - pretty cool in the beginning, but it catches dirt easily, and friction increases. It didn't like hand washing - edges got "wavy". My brother used QCK Mini - kinda okayish, but it worn out surprisingly fast, especially around the edges. Then I bought him Zowie Gear P-TF Speed and it's amazing. It was around 15€, but being a gift, it was acceptable. The build quality is great, and the friction is low, especially the difference between static and dynamic (so there are no weird moves when dragging mouse from stop). I can't speak of traction quality, as our mice track well on pretty much everything. Steelseries Dex looks cool too, but the price is outrageous.

I wonder how this Roccat mat works. In my opinion, mat shouldn't have too low friction, but the static and dynamic friction coefficients should be as close as possible.