Roccat introducing new mechanical keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Anubis, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Zebatshu

Zebatshu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    Have a look at this site. They explain the tech very well, I'm sure it will help you to make a decision on the different key types.

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    It only comes with red switches and they sell it far above the US MSRP here which I find more than distasteful considering our currency is worth more.

3. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Pricing Here in Australia has always been around up to 1/3 more than the prices in the States for PC hardware gear. Even if our dollar is higher we still paying more. This has always been the case. Seriously import taxes only comes into effect when the item is over $1000 so yes we Australians are being ripped off for years when it comes to PC gear. Imagine when our dollar is lower :bang:

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Prices are based on cost of production, cost of advertising, cost of shipping and the price that the sale market can bare. Has nothing to do with the value of currency.

In countries with weak economies (and thus weak currency) it would be stupid to sell a product for a higher price than a country with a strong economy (and strong currency) because the market is less likely to accept the price (or the product) due to lack of available funds.

5. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Doesn't matter what the economy is here or over there. In Australia there was a minister in government that looked into this. Why was Australia paying higher prices for IT products and equipment.

6. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    Availability is also important. For example over here in Poland, despite poor economy, may products have prices really inflated when there's weak distribution network.

And macdaddy, you could go to some electronics store and check out Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) - they have packaging that allows you to check out the directional keys without unpacking.

7. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    You know that this is a stupid excuse if it's true, right? Same as the EU countries paying more for the same **** americans do. A simple example - I bought a pair of shoes by a EU brand that sell for LESS in the states even after you calculate shipping and VAT. It was also available 2 months earlier for the americans than it was for the whole EU market. We pay more taxes and get ripped off at the same time.

8. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 980Ti SLI
    I also returned my Valo. Basically (and its a common fault with all of them) The back lightning on the Valo makes a whining sound which increases in pitch the brighter you choose to have it.

Keyboard also lags when typing so you either had to consistently unplug it and plug back in, or drastically slow down your typing in order for all your letters to be typed correctly.

Lastly although the driver says it supports windows 7. Upgrading to 7 seemed to break the macro software completely. The software would keep saying to update firmware and then fail.

For those thinking its just a biased negativity towards Roccat these faults are easily sourced through google :) I also had the Kone + mouse although there were no faults, I eventually found the Naga to be superior in the end.