RivaTuner v2.20 on the way, major changes are coming with new version

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 25, 2008.

1. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Unwinder is it true mate you were offered jobs from both nvidia and ati and turned them down?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yes. Probably it sounds stupid, but I absolutely don't want to move to US/Canada from Russia so I prefer to stay here. NVIDIA also offered job in Moscow NVIDIA office but from my POV the job there is not too interesting (there are no software engineers here, only NVIDIA testlab and game dev.rel.)

3. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    Nice...At least you are well wanted by people in your field of work; in these hard times.

When it comes to your job. As long as you are happy with what you do; then nothing else really matters.

Also; since you were involved in the EVGA utility; then it is well worth a try for those that want to do so.

4. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    And that is good enough for me.
    Take all the time you need.
    I really appreciate all of the work you put into Riva Tuner.

5. tritenan

tritenan Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte/8500GT/256HP
    release now men !!!

6. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    dude woudnt you rather wait for it to be finished.. if ya keep pesterin them youll only annoy someone

7. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    It's a really great program Unwinder thanks keep up the good work :thumbup:

Had a thought earlier about a developing issue, in regards of a post about
    PhysX and CoD4. I'm not sure if the PhysX code can be dynamically enabled Or
    Disabled (Hopefully it's not stuck in the path for game setup profiles of the driver only
    from boot-up type issue) but a switch in the launcher part of that most excellent program
    would be very handy... or even in the task bar icon.

p.s - It'd be nice if you get time if we could open the low level button &
    System Tweaks button at the same time.

8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Hi Unwinder

I just got a ATi 4870 1gig and found to my surprise that the RT v2.20 doesn't have overclocking support. Can u confirm this? And, do u plan on adding support?

I can confirm that fan control works.

Thanx
    mRYellow

9. Unwinder

The surprise is called "crappy AMD driver team". Latest 8.10 hotfix traditionally broken more things than it fixed, unlimited overclocking is damaged in any tool including RT and even their own AMDGPUClockTool. I'm not planning to do anything to support it because the reason is the bug inside the Catalyst driver.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=277568

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanx for the swift reply.

The reason why i thought it was RT related was the due to the fact that i could OC (same drivers - latest hotfix) with my 4870 512mb.

Thanx again.

11. orion24

orion24 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    Are there any plans for native 64-bit application support for the statistics server?

12. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Can I have a copy of the beta version please Unwinder to see if works with my hd 4870?

Thanks,

13. Unwinder

Not in the nearest future, sorry. There are too few native 64-bit games on the marked so additional 64-bit server development and support doesn't worth the efforts.

14. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    2 questions to Unwinder regarding RT 2.20:

*Does it support overclocking both(or one) card when cards run in SLI mode?.Cards in question are 2x8800GTS 320MB.Currently with 2.10(2.11 didnt allow OC sorry) when i activate SLI both cards get dropped to default clocks.Currently using 180.43 drivers(180.44 soon)

*When is the release?.As i understand youre waiting new nvidia cards(55nm GT200?) or GT206/GT216 and then release fully compatible RT?

15. Unwinder

1) Both cards. And 2.10 and ALL PREVIOUS versions did the same. And there are no differences between 2.10 and 2.11 overclocking, thereis something wrong in your actions/undersdtanding.
    2) When it's done. I'm no longer waiting for new NVIDIA chips because the announce seem to be shifted far away, but I do wait for WHQL ForceWare 180.xx which is scheduled to be released in November.

16. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    1.Problably.It has worked on few occasions but thats it.Problably need to set something from the power user tab? or it depends on driver version(maybe both).Easyer to just flash both cards with higher clocked BIOS-s on not worry about it.

2.I had an impression that it was nearly done?.I mean no more betatesting etc...

17. Unwinder

1) You don't need to touch PowerUser if you are not PowerUser. If you fail to get it working, I strongly recommend to move to newbie oriented light version of RT - EVGA Precision.
    2) Beta testing is over, I'm just waiting for 180.xx WHQL to add it to database. Don't want to re-release RT tiwce so have a patience.

18. Snarl

Snarl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    Good things come to he who waits :)

19. Unwinder

Some more info about future version of RivaTunerStatisticsServer (the changes mentioned there will not be included in v2.20 and expected to be launched on New Year holidays):

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=629179

20. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Unwinder, what u say is not true. Seems like Overclocking tab on is broke on the 4870 1GB...well with RT at least. I can confirm that overclocking works with ATi Tray Tools.