RivaTuner v2.20 on the way, major changes are coming with new version

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 25, 2008.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Just checked my email (5:20 PM EST) and nothing came in.

I'm off work tomorrow and should be able to make time to test it if I get it then. Don't have 180 drivers installed plus I don't use driver level for fan control but I can install them if you wish.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Weird. I've just forwarded beta once again. Aslo, there is no need to install 180.xx drivers purposely, just test the system "as is". ;)

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    OK, got it, installed it and it shows GPU temp's correctly. Also the low-level fan control works. Tested with 177.83 drivers.

Nice job.
    Thanks.

4. Unwinder

Good news, thanks for confirming, Marc. I guess that we've tested new version enough and can release it soon. Anyway NVIDIA seem to shift GT206 launch so if there won't be any news from that side we can stop waiting and give v2.20 to public.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008

5. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Sounds good.

6. yuka

yuka Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    yeeey put it out cmon;)

7. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Uninder, can I have a link or the download the beta to see how well it works with an ati card plz?

Nice going bruv,

8. Unwinder

Beta testing is closed, I don't provide beta version it to everyone.

9. tritenan

tritenan Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte/8500GT/256HP
    i'm waitting RT 2.20 everyday .... please coming soon ...

10. yuka

yuka Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    unwinder when its coming out? i was hoping maybe today, but still nothing

11. Unwinder

Mate, can you stop this impatience please? You aksed the same questions a few times, you even tried to get into closed beta testers team just to get your fan control working ASAP. The answer is: when it is done. There are much much more important changes in new version (multi-GPU core) which require testing and they have much much higher priorities than just releasing new version as soon as possible because some users cannot wait and wish to get their fan control right now.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  12. Unwinder

By the way, those who need _only_ driver-level fan control may use EVGA Precision v1.3.3. It is not released yet but it is already in closed beta-testing stage and most likely it will be released earlier than RT v2.20 because Precision's changes list is much shorter and requires less testing workload:

http://www.evga.com/forums/fb.asp?m=605861

13. yuka

yuka Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    Sorry but you yourself said in some other topic, that you guys have tested alot and that is ready for release.. so what's the deal about that now? You said .. that you must have tested it enough and that you should release it to public..
    so i was waitin for it,.. anyway gonna check for percision now thx anyway.. and i didnt want that beta only because of fan control.. i wanted to help test on whatever you may need, i just told u i dont have sli cards.. just because i have joy and can hardly wait for some stuff out of borring rainy days sittin at home with not much to do doesent mean i cant write a post or two, its been quiet here so why not break the ice, give some information for those who cant wait too see your work? Oh wait i forgot , you like more those who dont give a **** about your work. Thanks for you good work anyway.

Last post of me here anyway hf

14. Unwinder

If you only could know how many times I wanted and tried to say "Last post of me here" after such pleasant dialogs with users unhappy with "bad software", "bad documentation", "bad support", "delayed releases" and so on and so on. Anyway, that's your choice and you're free to go your way, as well as I'll continue going mine.

15. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Dont let the unappreciative whiners get you down, Unwinder.

16. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Nice Work - Keep It coming mate - I am very impressed.

Unwider...

First I would like to say I am so glad that nice genuine people like you excist, :)

You are a genius , and you have my total respect. +1:thumbup:

What you doing providing free software for people I think is great don't let impatient nobs get ya down mate...Keep up the good work...

I am just wondering 1st time question do you know when it will be out roughly to the general public, I understand you do not know an exact date but maybe a rough guess?

Anyway thanks for your work much appricated have been using rivatuner ever since 1st release...really appriciate all the hard effort you have done for us gamers....I just hope you don't start charging for your work mate...:p

Anyway...Thankyou very much Alex & good luck with all up coming projects and riva-tuner versions,

By the way last question what is the specifications of your rig mate?

Thanks...and good luck! :D:thumbup:

17. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
  18. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    Interesting.
    By the way. Were you in any way involved in this with EVGA. I thought that I remember reading somewhere that you helped GPU companies with the software for their cards.

19. Unwinder

There are many factors defining public release date. First, not all beta testers provided testing reports yet and I won't like to release a version with some bugs inside. Second, as I said above 2.20 was supposed to be launched with new 55nm NVIDIA GPUs (GT206) in the end of October. NVIDIA shifted release data and I still don't know new release date for this product. If it was shifted for months then it is ok, but if it is shifted for weeks I'll need to re-release new version of RT right after 2.20 and I definitively won't like to see such situation. Third, new WHQL 180.xx series are shceduled to be launched within two weeks. I'd like to be compatible with them too.

20. Unwinder

Yes. That is RivaTuner technology based product, which I develop for EVGA.