RivaTuner v2.08

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I've no ideas shat are you doing wrong and what you're misunderstanding with the scheduler, which replaced 2.06-styled thresholds. 2.06 and 2.07 profiles are stored in different places, but there are no differences in fan profiles managing code. Probably you're trying to link to old profiles or something like that. I'd recommend to perform full RT uninstall and recreateing everything from scratch.

2. Unwinder

You have to install the update with signed drivers, included in RT distributive. I'm wondering how many times do I have to repeat it.

3. James01

James01 Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX @ 621/1566/972Mhz
    My fan profiles are still disappearing. I tried a full reinstall of RivaTuner, and it hasn't fixed it. Anyone have any other ideas?

Is anyone else having this problem?

4. Unwinder

Sure, there are tones of people having disapperating fan profiles, completely not working overclocking, broken fan control and everything else.

5. James01

James01 Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX @ 621/1566/972Mhz
    I take it that was an attempt at sarcasm? Very funny. I wasn't suggesting heaps of people were having problems, and I wasn't suggesting RT is a bad program. If you didn't have anything else constructive to add, why did you reply again?

I know for a fact that my fan profiles have been disappearing. As it happens, I will be formatting my computer in a few days, due to unrelated reasons. I'll let you know if the problems continue after formatting.

I obviously won't be getting any other help or advice.

6. Unwinder

Please don't take it as sarcasm. I'm just saying that in the forum you can meet users with all sorts of the problems ou can imagine, related to absolutely any feature available in RT.
    I'm also saying that I cannot help because I don't see any problems either on my or on my tester's systems.

Also, there are many situations when the profiles must disappear by design. E.g. when different display device is selected (profiles are linked with current device only), when you reenable low-level fan control module and redetect defaults etc, etc.
    And I have no ideas where misunderstanding lies.

7. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Unwinder I was wondering if you have tried the 174.51 driver with RT? I installed them and RivaTuner 2.07 recognizes them, but fails to see my clock speeds on my GPU and therefore I cannot do any overclocking. I tried upgrading to 2.08 which does not give me the unrecognized driver dialogue box yet still has the same problem. When I go into the overclocking interface it has the core and mem at 0 and everything greyed out. I then click the driver-level hardware overclocking tab and click detect now and it does nothing and restart does the same thing. In the hardware monitor it says my temps are 10C lower than normal idle and my core is @ 198 and my mem is @ 396 where 575 and 900 are my stock clocks. Is this a driver issue and if so what can I do about it?

UPDATE: Just got 174.31 back on and everything is fine again. I guess I will wait for the next driver release and see if that works. Also I noticed 174.51 didn't have some of the resolutions / hertz rates I needed for my HDTV so I don't mind sticking with this driver until the next.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  8. Unwinder

No, I've not tried 174.51 myself yet. But some vendors I'm working with use 9800GX2 with RT under these drivers with no problems.

9. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    I think I will try going back to 174.51 after work and see if it is still messed up, maybe something went wrong.

UPDATE: Just got 174.53 installed and all is ok.

Second Update: Accidentally uninstalled my nVidia drivers as I uninstall them so much and just didn't think about it when I was on the phone and went to uninstall a game. I then reinstalled the drivers and I have the same problem I had before with RivaTuner. It is reading my clocks ass whacked and will not overclock.

This is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  10. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    What update?

11. Unwinder

That's definitively not an issue with RT, that's an issue either with your improper system settings (most likely) or probably your malfunctioning hardware. Monitoring module clearly shows that your card is running at safe (boot) performance level. It is used in case of limited aux power or when you forcibly disable 2D/3D clock separation during enabling driver-level overclocking. Drivers do not allow any overclocking when the system is running in such state under Vista.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  12. Unwinder

.rtu file included in distributive. And the installer clearly offers you to install it during RT installation.

13. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    It does clearly ask if you want to install the update, but it doesnt (at least I dont think it does) tell you exactly what is being updated. Perhaps that is where the confusion lies for some people.

14. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I'll install 2.08 now and see if it works.

15. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Do I install the actual application THEN install the .rtu file? And how do I install the .rtu file?

16. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Thanks for the reply. I will just blame it on beta drivers and that is that.

17. Unwinder

I'm more than certain that you just erroneously disabled 2D/3D clock separation and drivers is not the thing to be blamed.

18. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    During installation it stops and asks you if you want to install available updates. Just answer Yes.

19. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    When I run riva tuner in Vista X64 on the desktop and press my hot key to overclock I get a very strange bug and really cannot explain it so I took a little video of it and uploaded it to youtube. Seriously Unwinder do you have any clue whats going on here?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

20. btdvox

btdvox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 690 - +135%/+100/+200
    Just did a new build of Windows Vista today and installed 2.08 as i couldnt find 2.07 anywhere, but with 2.08 under the graph option settings i cant find core 0 or core 1 anywhere as 2.07 had- (For SLI system)

Only Core temp.

Is there some new way of getting this setting?
    Thanks in advance.
    Also if its not there and I OC, will the second card get the OC also as it did previously?