1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RivaTuner v2.06

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

By the way, thresholds programming technique and UI memntioned in the previous post will be removed from v2.07. I'm planning to replace currently existing thresholds engine with more flexible and programmable task scheduler module.

2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    Wow! Sounds interesting. Good job as always. :thumbup:

3. acroig

acroig Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti - 6GB VRAM
    Thanks! I knew how to do the oc profiles it was the second part that I didn't know how to do.

Thanks again and of course to Unwinder for the amazing RT.

4. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070Ti Titanium
    hi unwinder,

once again thanks for the great tool, keep up the good work and ignore the naysayers

just some feedback...enabling d3d overrider while playing gears of war seems to crash the game within minutes, i noticed it when i was trying it the other day and i've confirmed it with another member of the forum who was having crashing problems with the game, when i told him to try playing GoW without d3d overrider running the game played fine without crash, thought you might be interested

5. Unwinder

Not all game engines like to be overriden and not all games are supposed to work with it, add it to the expections list if it doesn't work for you.

6. Brutes

Brutes Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 Hawk@Crossfire
    Program is not working 100% with the 8800GTS 512mb and drivers 169.21 and 169.25.

7. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C
    I agree and never really never had the opportunity to say so . Thank You as well UnWinder. Looking forward to full G92 8800GTS support in the next release. Keep up the good work.

Also be nice to Acroig....He's a Moderator (not here though so I guess you can bust'em-up :) )

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  8. Unwinder

I know ;) I keep a lot of beyond3d/Guru3D/nvnews/futuremark/Rage3D nicknames in my memory and even remember almost all users I ever banned here ;) Sometimes my memory is the worst enemy of mine ;)

9. acroig

acroig Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti - 6GB VRAM
    I'm sure you know you have a big following at Rage. I try to "spread the word" of all the new happenings with RT.

Face it, if you own an nV card you MUST run RT. Thanks again, Alexey, for an invaluable tool. I can't remember not running RT with any of my nV cards.

10. acroig

acroig Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti - 6GB VRAM
    We miss you man! Where have you been?

11. danxiaogui86

danxiaogui86 Member

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon™ R9 290X
    Can Riva tuner 2.06 on windows vista ultimate x64, in another words i'm trying to control 2x 3870 in crossfire mode for diff fan speeds on 2 diff card in cross fire mode.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  12. messi19

messi19 New Member

Hello. Tell me please. When leaves Riva Tuner 2.07? Very much it is necessary.
    P.S. And what driver it will support? Thanks.

13. Unwinder

I don't know it myself. But I can say for sure that there won't be New Year edition version this year.

14. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Maybe a christmas edition ? ;) Hey, one can hope..

15. Bobas007

Bobas007 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti
    post edited, sorry I found answer on previous page, lame one me :(

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007

16. Unwinder

Who knows, maybe ;) No promises on that.

17. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

The RivaTuner.cfg file in version 2.06 doesn't have the device ID for the 8800GTS 512Mb cards.
    RT 2.06 does work with those cards but you have to edit the RivaTuner.cfg file first.

Viper

18. dwax

dwax Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7950 & VF90
    Should you uninstall and reinstall the program after updating new drivers for the GPU?

19. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Not at all. RT will detect the new drivers. Don't worry if the driver is not in its database.

20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Hey guys,

I just installed the WHQL 169.21 drivers, and now my Anti-Aliasing forced from RivaTuner doesn't work anymore. I upgraded the drivers from Beta 169.13, and A-A worked perfectly fine with those.

Here is what I have done by steps:

1) Uninstall RT2.06
    2) Uninstall Beta 169.13 (from official NVIDIA Uninstaller)
    3) Boot in Safe Mode
    4) Ran Driver Sweeper
    5) Ran Driver Cleaner + CAB Cleaner
    6) Manually deleted left over registry keys (Unwinder + NVIDIA Corporation entries)
    7) Boot in Normal Mode
    8) Installed WHQL 169.21
    9) Reboot
    10) Installed RT2.06 again + configuration of settings
    11) Reboot
    12) Testing games + benchmarks ...

And that's when I realized that Anti-Aliasing doesn't work anymore. It's very strange, I don't know why it doesn't work with those drivers. RivaTuner 2.06 detected the drivers as 169.21 properly, no problems there. All options work, no crashes, I can over-clock without any issues. It's just A-A ... and well maybe A-F too.

And that's on Windows XP SP2 32-Bit.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem ?

*** EDIT ***

Ok I just noticed something.

If I force A-A and/or A-F via RivaTuner by the use of the Global Driver Settings (a.k.a no profiles at all, just directly going to D3D and adjusting settings and then applying them) then it works fine !

So I will be using my forced A-A/A-F settings by that method until perhaps I can use profiles (which is still a little better when possible, it's more precise, faster and it doesn't force the user to always go back to the Global Driver Settings to undo all changes to avoid conflicts with games where A-A and/or A-F settings are already set from the in-game options).

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007