1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RivaTuner v2.06

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Bobas007

Bobas007 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti
    Dear snoogans!
    I am not Unwinder but I can help U avoid ban on this forum section :)
    Go here:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=242470
    and please read "What`s new" paragraph from start. Soon U will find your answer.

2. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Ok dude well first off thanks for poppin' by and answering my post and secondly like I said in the first post it is not a big deal. I will poke around a bit more and see whats going on and if I come up with anything I'll let you know.

3. Yxalitis

Yxalitis New Member

Hi, got an issue with my HD 2900 XT (other then..."why did I buy this?)
    Can't get the refresh rate overrider to work...nothing at all succeeds, Rivatuner, ATITray tools refreshforce, etc, etc.
    However, I bought an 8800 GT, and lo and behold...IT WORKED!
    I switched back to the 2900, just to see...and it stopped working.
    Specifically this is with Crysis and Bioshock, most other games have a refresh setting in-game.

I'm running Vista X64, ATI Catalyst 7.10 (others also do not work), Quad Core Q6600, 4GB RAM, P5KE Mobo...

4. snoogans

snoogans Member

GPU:
    EVGA/Zotac GTX 470 SLI
    @Bobas007
    thanks mate, sorry for not reading that before.

so in this version it won't go to 2d level even in idle too. i think first line was my answer

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

There shouldn't be any hardware dependence. Which refresh override rule and refresh override mode did you use? I'd recommend to try injection mode and explicitly specify target refresh rate. If you have not explicitly specified target refresh rate and used max refresh as override target, it can be the issues of Catalyst detecting max supported refresh rate improperly.

6. topcaser

topcaser Member

GPU:
    MSI R5570
    Ah, ok, i understand. But there is one thing, i dont understand:

Normally, those clock speeds are adjustable by a certain divider factor which is applied to a PLL. I tried to boot from Vista and there is an additional dividing factor: The minimum clock speed there is 350 MHz - in XP 400 MHz. And also the idle frequency is still a factor to be applied.

The factors seems to be there, but in XP i can not adjust it to 350MHz, neither with Rivatuner nor with CCC itself.

7. dwax

dwax Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7950 & VF90
    Dose RivaTuner support the HD 2600Pro AGP? I tried to use RivaTuner and cant see anywhere to adjust my fan speed. If it's not supported, can it be added? Thanks.

8. stitch19

stitch19 Member

GPU:
    nVidia XFX 8800 ultra
    Is it possible not to have TEST option after you change core and memory clock? i tried chaning them and never appeared an option for testing them...

9. mrfatboy

mrfatboy New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640

I have been looking thru this thread and I have this exact same problem. Unfortunately nobobdy answered this guy :( Can anybody help with this problem?

thanks

10. DJShamrock

DJShamrock Member

GPU:
    1900 Crossfire 512 & X1900XTX 512mb
    [​IMG]

I had this problem but I found a fix for it. I guess recently (not sure when) Vista released a hotfix that wouldn't let 3rd parties install **** without paying Microsoft money for a signed driver.

I found a way around it.
    1) Uninstall Rivatuner and reboot

2) Using an Administrator account, right-click the command prompt and click Run. (To do this type "CMD" no quotes the start search bar, when you see the program popup, right click on it and select "Run as Administrator")

3) Enter the following command in the cmd promt: bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON (Bold is only to highlight what you need to type, can't copy and paste it, sry.)
    4) Restart your computer.
    5) Install Rivatuna. Yum.

This will turn off that annoying signed driver crap for good.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007

11. motka_rast

motka_rast New Member

How can I turn on Low(Medium) powered, fan perfomance modes?

12. jetztaber

jetztaber Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    [deleted by jetztaber]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  13. MwR

MwR Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    The fan control seems to be busted when running 169.04 and 169.09, even selection at low-level fan control won't stick after reboot (that means, I gotta have it set everytime after I reboot), and driver level is totally busted too, forget it...

Unwinder, that's Nvidia's fault, right? I'm running DX9.0c on Win XP x32 SP2 BTW.

Another question: my card doesn't seems to be able to overclock beyond 648MHz on core (currently shader and core clocks are linked), the slider on RiverTuner will allow me to push beyond 650MHz but on monitor it only shows 648MHz, meanwhile memory clock can still push a bit more (now runs @1055MHz). Am I reached the limit of the core and would there be any good to squeeze some more off the memory clock?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  14. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Nope. Yours.

15. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    2.07?

:)

16. MwR

MwR Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    Ok then, any clue as to how to fix this? What command I got to access in the poweruser menu? I did tried full uninstall then reinstall both Forceware and RivaTuner, but to no improvment, and currently I'm using 169.04.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  17. hifisoftware

hifisoftware New Member

Vist 64 does not work?

I downloaded this release and installed it, but it looks like while previous version worked with Vista 64 this one refuses to work. I always get an error that it can't load a driver. It offered to restart my system to disable driver signing, I clicked yes, it rebooted, but I get the very same error. I there is a way to make it work in Vista 64? Kinda strange that previous version worked, butt not this one...

18. hifisoftware

hifisoftware New Member

Ok I figured Vista issues

The zip file with the setup also has an updated driver. RivaTuner206Drv.rtu. If I run it then it all works.

19. jan claude

jan claude Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640mb 648/1500/2000

i have the same problem(cannot load sys driver 64 keeps on appearing),but how can i open that updated driver 206drv.rtu?
    if i try to open it it appears a message that says to me to choose with which software to open it (internet explorer, adobe,paint,word pad etc,etc)or to look for something else on the web!
    i chose to open it with IE and to copy and paste it into rivatuner's folder,but it doesn't work!
    what can i do to make rivatuner work on vista 64?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  20. jan claude

jan claude Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640mb 648/1500/2000

sorry,double post!