RivaTuner v2.06 is on the way!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 19, 2007.

1. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Master Guru

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    WOT A TITWANK NUFFSAID

2. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    ETA on 2.06?

I'm dying here!

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Just wait for the maybe 2.07?.. if your lucky its released xmas ^^ I guess there will be no 2.06 now, since the leaked beta will mess up with it.
    More like people that got that beta will ask or report things not working etc.
    Remember some don't even bother to check the manual, think they bother to check if they got a beta or a release?

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Patience. 2.06 launch is being delayed for a couple days due to recently released 169.02 drivers. I'm adding support for them and doing some tests to ensure that RT supports 'em properly.

5. jrcallan

jrcallan Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8600gts
    You the Man!

But how do you cope with the insanity of developing an application with new drivers being released every 24 hours?

6. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    You know what. That is a hellva good question! Gotta be really annoying if you ask me. Also I am really happy to hear RT 2.06 is on its way.

Thanks!

7. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD 2600XT, 256Mb
    Hi Unwinder, and sorry for my english... :leave:
    I'm italian and I'm using your RivaTuner from a lot of years. I've read about your decision to stop the SoftMOD development for 9x00 cards and I would to know if this is your "last word" about that. I've also found on the web a modded catalyst release: this version recognise my HD 2600XT like a FireGL 5600 but these drivers are old. Do you think that it's possible a SoftMOD 2x00 for the Dx10 cards and the latest Catalyst?
    Thanx.
    :O

8. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nothing important really but it would be kind of helpful (yet useless i know x_x) to allow users to input the level of LOD for example, clock speeds, fan speed, and other drag along bars which i find to often take a little time to precision tweak =|

if you can insert for example, 585 on the clock, then it'll be simpler then dragging and then missing it a little, sure the keyboard arrows work but ... XD i think im just lazy =p

anyways thanks for rivatuner and hope everything works out smoothly ^^

9. Dostoyevsky77

Dostoyevsky77 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GX2 SSC (738/2196/1836)
    Hi. I joined this board (I've been lurking for ages) to let Unwinder know 169.02 looks like it's been scrapped. 169.04 is the latest and just came out a couple minutes ago. I'm sure you're all over it, but there it is just in case! Can't wait for 2.06! Thanks for all your work on it!

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Yup, thanks for the note about 169.04. I'm already analyzing them and adding to the databases. I'm afraid that we just need to wait a few days until driver version will stabilize and the flow of new betas from NVIDIA side end. G92 is out and Crysis is on the way so NVIDIA are working hard these day. So do I.
    Sorry for release delay.

11. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Dude don;t be sorry for the release delay. We are just happy you are dong all this. Take your time man.

12. MwR

MwR Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    Yeah, and hopefully those guys at Nvidia will let us PROPERLY overclock our cards again when they finalize on this wave of drivers. I've read there're other programmes available but honestly, I only trust RivaTuner.

BTW Unwinder: since I've moved from 2.04 to 2.05, is it safe that I can go and delete the RivaTuner 2.04 folder? I did select upgrading during installation. The reason I ask this is that I do anticipate the same thing will happen when 2.06 comes out and I want to sort out the clutters on my hard disk. Thanks in advance.

13. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think different versions don't effect one another at all, I just uninstall them after I install the latest version o_O

14. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

My old RT versions notoriously forgot about their directories and left them there, but I could always delete them safely. Just keep the latest directory.

15. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Now Nvidia have 169.04 out for XP and Vista in both 32bit and 64 bit flavours.

16. mbradshaw

mbradshaw Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 896MB
    Nvidia Drivers: So many released in so little time

(Everyone trying to stay updated): This is Madness!!!
    Beta Drivers: This is Nvidia!!

169.03 (This was a defective baby left to die never to see public release.)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  17. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac1070Mini 2Ghz+
    Unwinder, mad props for you man :D

huge supporter of rivatuner here since...

whatever version was out while I had my TNT2 o_O....

18. Dostoyevsky77

Dostoyevsky77 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GX2 SSC (738/2196/1836)
    Well, 169.02 wasn't ever official. Nevertheless, as an early Vista adopter, I love the attention. There were bleak days in the early months of Vista when drivers were so rarely addressing some of the most egregious issues; now, they are addressing some of the most mundane.

It makes extra work for Unwinder, and that's sad. I'm sure if they put him on payroll, we'd have better drivers, but something tells me he's too good for them.

19. MwR

MwR Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    Thanks guys. Now I can go and clean up the shack...

169.04...bah, tell me when I can overclock with RivaTuner again...I can't tolorate that to let my card underwork...

20. johnster

johnster New Member

any support for softmod HD2600 to fireGL for this release???