1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RivaTuner v2.05

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

What driver version do you have installed?

2. Necromantic

Necromantic New Member

163.71, newest WHQL Drivers available from Nvidia for Windows XP 32-bit

3. Unwinder

You have to restart RivaTuner after setting NVAPIUsageBehaviour to 1.

4. Necromantic

Necromantic New Member

Restarting Rivatuner by closing/reopening, rebooting PC, or utilizing another command in the command line when the program is run to reload values from the saved registry? Because I have done the first two options, neither worked.

5. Unwinder

Just restarting Rivatuner by closing/reopening (closing, not minimizing to tray) is enough. If you've done that and it doesn't work then I'd like to see screenshots of:

1) Main tab of RivaTuner
    2) Overclocking tab of RivaTuner
    3) PowerUser tab displaying NVAPI related entries.

6. Necromantic

Necromantic New Member

LOL, Well, I don't know what I did, but I just did a quick reboot.. and now I do have the shader slider enabled so..... Must've been a value I overlooked. Thank you for the help.

7. Unwinder

No problem, glad that the problem is solved.

8. Muerte420

Muerte420 New Member

excuse me if i'm asking an answered question...

First of all, Unwinder you do a brilliant job with rivatuner :)

In reference to this problem in RT 2.04:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2428593&postcount=46

i have a 6600GT agp running (stock speeds, 500/900), and have exactly the same problem, trying to set the fan speeds it just jumps to 25%. i figured i'd wait for new nvidia drivers (163.71 i believe) and RT 2.05 to see if it solved something as it used to work. well, it didnt, now i'm wondering, would the fix suggested in the link above solve my problem? (i'm not too sure as that is an ati card).

Cheers,

Muerte

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  9. Unwinder

Read that post carefully before claiming that you have absolutely the same problem.
    That's absolutely not the same prolbem. The only common thing between these issues is a "fan" word. And your issue is not RT problem, because fan is controlled by driver on your card. And furthermore, FAQ addresses it and driver-level fan control for NVIDIA cards was discussed hundreeds times in this forum in the past. So:

Warning for newbie, you've just asked documented question

10. Muerte420

Muerte420 New Member

i shall now bow my head in shame

thanks anyways and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

11. jamie.boner

jamie.boner New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8700M GT
    Hi all I have a simple question.

Why we can't make an overclocking with Nvidia Mobile card 8x00GT with drivers 16x.xx and all the overclocking software like riva tuner, ntune, atitool ....

Nobody can answer at my question.

12. bever

bever Member

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTS 320mb
    Rivatuner and Nvidia's overclocking tool read my clocks as 0/0 for mem and core.. Shader domain is not displayed at all. Did a few reboots but problem remains.

13. Unwinder

If it applies to hardware monitoring module, then IO driver is not started (due to lack of administrative rights under XP or due to lack of signed driver udner Vista). If that applies to overclocking module itself then it is ForceWare issue.

14. jamie.boner

jamie.boner New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8700M GT
    Someone?

15. Unwinder

RivaTuner doesnt provide official support for mobile chips, so I doubt that you'll find an answer here.

16. damasko

damasko New Member

hello, a question: where can I found other plugins? website is quite confusing.
    thank you ;)

17. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Rivertuner 2.05 losing overclock

I have a problem, and I've seen a few others with this issue as well.

I'm using RivaTuner 2.05 and 163.71 WHQL (from nvidia.com) drivers - the overclocked speeds will drop back to stock randomly. I can verify this because I have the OSD enabled from Everest and sometimes when coming out of a game or opening the NV CP the clock speeds will drop back to stock speeds. Ntune is not installed, ATI tool is not installed, nothing else to tweak GPU is installed.

I'm using XP x86 and MSI 8800GTX, my buddy using Vista x64 had the same problem with an 8800 GTS and 163.71 WHQL (from Station-drivers.com).

Unwinder - I was wondering if anyone had pointed this out yet, as I don't see anything about it in any of the threads. I'm not enabling shader clocking and have changed no other registry settings - just a clean install of 2.05.

Thanks.

18. Unwinder

That's called throttling and it means that you're overclocking too high. The same applies to others "suffering" from the same "problem". Peek in FAQ where 2D/3D clock control basics are explained. And it doesn't depend on RT. Driver manages 2D/3D clock switching and throttles the clocks down in case of too agressive o/c, not RT.

P.S. I'm afraid that my head gonna explode soon after these hundreeds of overclocking related questions.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  19. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

Dnottis, it's power management. A videocard eats power, and it eats more if it's faster (assuming same specs).
    How does ForceWare save more power? ForceWare will only use overclocking under load, you won't have all your itty gritty shading power in the nVidia Control Panel or anywhere under the Windows (Vista) UI (the built-in Vista games like Solitaire may alarm ForceWare to use high power 3D in the first 5-10 seconds, but they'll also revert to low power 3D (throttling)).

In short, you're delusional and shouldn't worry. Your overclocking is used under all games because it's only needed there.

20. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Maybe it's something with the 163.71's then, cause this has never happened till now. I've got it water cooled and temps don't break 43c. Others had this stop by going back to an older driver revision. Thanks!