1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RivaTuner v2.05

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

No problem, your choice.

2. Karnoti

Karnoti New Member

GPU:
    8800 Ultra
    TY for all your hard work Unwinder! RivaTuner rox :)

3. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Maha Guru

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300
    Decent app, just finished on a mediocre OC on the shader for my card, got me up to 13k in 06. Cheers :hatty:

4. Godsmack

Godsmack New Member

hi...

sorry for my englisch ;)

how can i change the sliding controls, that they give more core clock.

i hope you understand...here a screen...ROP max 645 / Shader max 1458 / MEM max 999...

[​IMG]

5. Unwinder

PowerUser -> MaxClockLimit

6. Godsmack

Godsmack New Member

do you mean this?

[​IMG]

what rate i must register...

7. Unwinder

You must right click it, display help for it and read it.

8. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

Type 1200 there.

9. Unwinder

Wrong, refer to value description. Limits are specified in % in reference to default clock.

10. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

First number on my mind, and come now, it'll work with that setting for sure ;)
    Though even 300 should work.
    Or maybe turn the entry off, if that does what I think it does.

11. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Great new features Unwinder, but my system hard crashes randomly with 2.05 in games. I know my overclock is stable because with 2.04 and lower I could game for hours and now I crash all the time. I tried quitting riva tuner and gaming to see if it was the 163.71 drivers, but alas I don't crash with riva tuner off.

I'm pissed off cause I like your program so much, but it seems I can't use 2.05... Well I guess I'll try going back to 2.04 and wait for 2.06.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  12. Mike89

Mike89 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    I see the shader clock control but I'm leary to even touch it. Heh heh, I've had my 8800GTX for awhile now and still haven't overclocked it (the only thing I've messed with is turning up the fan to 100%). I guess I'm a big chicken. I have no idea what the core and memory will overclock to, let alone the shader clock. The card is stock clocked so high anyway (along with my nice cpu overclock), I just never figured I'd notice anything from doing it. 3dmark numbers mean absolutely nothing to me. I always kind of tripped out on what some people will do to get a few extra points that are pretty much worthless in the scheme of things. I don't focus on numbers (don't use Fraps or fps counters, they just distract me), I focus on what I can see and feel (performance wise). If I play a game that runs like a dog and am convinced that an overclock will smooth it out some, I may give it a try. I haven't come across this yet.

13. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Ok well here are my findings now that I have done some testing. I played Titan Quest Immortal Throne for for about a hour with my friend and then it started locking up around this certain area every time with rivatuner on. I turned it off and it played smoothly for the rest of the gaming sesh. I then Turned riva tuner back on and ran 3dmark06 looping for about a hour with no crash, everything was fine. I guess I will have play some more games and see what happens.

Sorry for the quick to snap post Unwinder. I will let you know if I have any further problems. By the way this is all in Win XP SP2.

14. Unwinder

I _seriously_ doubt that you can get crashes with 2.05 and don't get them with 2.04 at the same time. The only change between 2.04 and 2.05 is user interface for shader clock control (which is also available in 2.04). Have you tried to use new overclocking interfaces (via NVAPIUsageBehavior set to 1) in 2.05 only?

NVAPI and traditional XP overclocking interfaces are different codepaths in the ForceWare and they can have different max. stable clocks.

15. Unwinder

Mike89

If you don't "play" 3DMark - just don't overclock anything. 8800GTX is fast enough and most likely you won't feel any noticeable performance framerate increase in games after overclocking it without benchmarking.

P.S. Pleased to see old forum visitor here ;)

16. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    I have had the NVAPIUsageBehavior set to 1 since the get go. Maybe it was just that part in Titan Quest that had some sort of problem with something rivatuner was doing in the background; I just have no clue. Tomorrow I will play some more games and see what happens. Like I said in my last post I ran 36mark06 for about a hour and everything was stable with rivatuner on and my card overclocked.

17. Unwinder

Well, if you had NVAPIUsageBehaviour set to 1 in 2.04 too then it is not 2.05 specific issue for sure.

18. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Sounds like it. Sorry, it seems I have jumped the gun and blamed rivatuner too early. Like I said I will game it up tomorrow and report back if anything goes wrong. The shader clock slider is super awesome, thanks a lot. Also I am available for beta testing now if you would like me to help out with anything.

19. Unwinder

No problem. Anyway, keep me informed on the issue progress please.

20. Necromantic

Necromantic New Member

Shader Clock Issue

Hello,

I am hoping this isn't a repeat of a question, as I have read every post on this thread and a couple others pertaining to the shader enable trick in Windows XP. I have a BFG 8800 GTX OC, and have been experiencing random lockups in random video games... Bioshock, Settlers 6, etc etc. I followed the instructions as posted by Guru3d.com as well as in the forums described by Unwinder, yet for some reason, still do not get the shader clock slider to appear in Rivatuner 2.05. I verified the registry entries for Rivatuner and the corresponding values do match what is listed in the threads, but no luck. Does anybody else have this particular card and experience the same thing? Or am I missing something else. As I said, have followed instructions as closely as possible and didn't seem to miss anything myself.