1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RivaTuner v2.05

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

There is no need to turn the thread into the battle. Please don't try to give anybody any personal names or the thread will be closed.

2. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Great job, Unwinder! :D
    Thank you very much ;)

3. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Love your app so thanks very much and to some idiots who dont now better then keep posting POS out with the Troll!

Be greatful and STFUK!
    The IDIOT have posted 6 post to much :peeleft:

4. cikanovo

cikanovo New Member

Seems to me that purpose of these forums is feeding of Unwinder's oversized ego.I will look for my answers elsewhere.

5. Unwinder

Seems to me that someone really wants to leave the forum. Your choice, see you.

All

Don't feed the trolls. Just show them the door and let them continue discussing my oversized ego outside this place. Ignoring is the best weapon against stupidity, so just don't waste your time on cikanovo and the company.
    Those who wish to contine flaming about bad RT forum managing rules may return to this thread, where you may enjoy kicking me as much as you can, if it really make you happy.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    If I may dare ask a question. ????

Just installed 163.71 and rivatuner 2.05 and got the shader clock slider visible (winXP32)

My card's memory clock is over clocked to 1110mhz. With 2.05 I am getting that little warning triangle, meaning my clock is to high, this never happened in 2.03 or previous versions.

1-Is this detrimental in any way? I tried looking for a guide to increase the clock limits, but to no avail. I know its some where in power user but I am afraid.

2- My shader is clocked to 1507, how great are the benifits of upping the shader clock? Core is clocked to 650mhz.:question:

7. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    Unwinder you can delete my post but I just can't keep my mouth closed.
    No, it's not about Unwinder's ego, it's about newbie ego. Instead reading forum rules and that f***ing manual/context help and use search in forums he prefer to open a new topic with his question and hope for an answer. Eventually from Unwinder himself.

I fully agree and understand Unwinder's attitude. In my country I am moderator on three forums and I'm full up of that type of posts.

Dear lazy newbies I want to tell you just one thing: here we are guests in Unwinder's home and we must obey his rules. Those rules are not restrictive, they are widely found on any forum:
    - common sense
    - RTFM
    - use Search. I mean use search thorough

Ah, and don't forget that RT is a free software very well documentated. Take it (if you understand it) or leave it (if you don't have a clue what's inside).

8. Unwinder

Yellow warning triangle means that the clock is beyond recommended range. Recommended ranges are reported by the ForceWare's overclocking interface. Windows XP driver have traditional overclocking interfaces provided for old control panel and new overclocking interfaces (which feature shader clock control) designed by NVIDIA for unified overclocking via nTune for both XP and Vista drivers. By setting NVAPIUsageBehaviour to 1 and unlocking shader clock control under Windows XP you force the driver to use different Vista-specific overclocking interfaces. Recommended clock ranges are different in these overclocking interfaces too.
    That's just a GUI warning, that doesn't mean that the clock is surely unstable.

Editable clock limits don't change the clocks immediately, so there is nothing to be afraid of. MaxClockLimit / MinClockLimit entries specify limits for sliders.

Increasing shader clock is not the only possible way of increasing performance. Disabling clock linking, freezing shader clock and overclocking only ROP domain can give much better performance boost than overclocking shader domain.

9. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

Darrenj, overclocking your shader domain may have great benefits in some areas (such as DX10).

Set it to 1674 MHz and see if the card is stable.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2007
  10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    thankyou unwinder
    I still a bit of a newbie I need some clarification on what is ROP domain :)O)

11. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

Raster OPerations, screen filling - it's the GPU Clock.

12. Unwinder

ROP is a part of GPU architecture, full name is Raster Operation unit. This unit is used at the final stage of rendering pipeline, it is responsible for pixel depth/alpha-testing, color blending and finally for writing resulting pixel to the frame buffer (or for discarding it depending on depth-testing results).

13. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

Unwinder, keep it simple, his brain will explode ;)

14. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    Okay guys, what about some concrete experiences in overclocking the different domains?
    My regular OC on my EVGA GF 8600 GT was:
    706Mhz Core, 1566Mhz (or so) Shader,
    Memory: couldn't get higher than 811Mhz

Tried to keep the stable 1566Mhz of the Shader to increase the ROP domain, but couldn't get higher than with linked clocks :frown:

Have to test increasing the shader-clocks with "stable" ROP clocks next.

Any other results? :question:

15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    sorry loads of issues. Either driver( 163.71) or rivatuner 2.05 issue.
    Bioshock savegames no longer load, every freezes on load. Ctrl-alt- del to desktop and things would freeze for a while....before starting back normally.
    Never happened with 163.44 and earlier versions of rivatuner
    Plus 163.71 has no bioshock profile, could that be it?

update
    save games load at default clocks (no over clocking) but at 1024x768 res and no world lighting. if I force it to 1280x1024 and world lighting it all slows down and crash.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007

16. Unwinder

Downclock the card. New version gave you _nothing_ but UI for shader clock adjustment comparing to earlier version.

17. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

That's right. Your GT's GPU probably won't cram out any more than that for you, but you can still pull your shader domain higher.

18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    sorry unwinder, love yah, but I am bailing out to 163.44 and riva tuner 2.02, the last best working combination for smooth overclocked bioshock gaming.
    I have been using riva tuner since I had a TNT2.
    SUPER product. Will possibly try again when I get more technical.
    Keep the good work..going despite all the forum irritations...

19. Grandpa01

Grandpa01 New Member

GPU:
    XFX/8800GTS/640
    Added experimental SLI overclocking for Vista. Please take a note that I have no SLI rig for testing and development, so this feature has been added blindly and RivaTuner still doesn't provide official SLI support.
    - Minor UI changes and improvements.

Hi Unwinder

I am running SLI 2-XFX 8800GTS cards. I don't know if it will help any but I did some benching today using both nTune and RivaTuner. I did not use any of the advanced settings (I do not know enough about them) I used the sliders only. It appears that they work with Vista Ultimate 64bit. If you need any test run on SLI let me know what setting you would like me to use and I can run them time permitting. Below are the results of today test.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?c=3742436_5

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?c=3742436_4

20. Unwinder

Thanks for reporting. I'm glad that it is working for you, but even if it won't work - I won't be able to reproduce and fix it without having SLI hardware.