1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RivaTuner v2.05 development and alpha-testing

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, but I never declare official support for hardware which is completely not familar for me and which I cannot test.

2. alexasusG1

alexasusG1 New Member

GPU:
    7700 go 512 Mb DDR2
    I understand
    Thank you for your answer

3. RedDracoNL

RedDracoNL Member

GPU:
    GV-N970G1 1600/7500
    Well have been going true the new alpha for bugs but haven’t found any problems so far. The Warning message stopped.
    The Over clock panel looks great! and the Link Clocks works really nice and I think it’s great for people that don’t want to mess with the shade clocks.
    Keep up the good work Unwinder. :cheers:

4. Barton C++

Barton C++ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    excuse my french(coz I dont know any! LOL, but:)

RivaTuner is THE app to adjust in a shift ! ...nvidia released some "impossible" driver, reckon there is a fix in RT soon !

RT does WAY more than average user needs..still it's impecakable..im so happy I left ATiTool etc.....

once again, hats off guys !

5. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

NVidia's drivers are kind of okay - what's the problem? NTune is the problem. You see, they update nTune so rarely that most of the time it's just unusable.

That's where RivaTuner comes in. Not mentioning the fact it does a lot more, even.

6. DarkNiko

DarkNiko New Member

GPU:
    Point of View / 8800 GTX / 768 Mb
    @Unwinder

Hi my dear friend. Sorry for delay but I'm a little stressed due to work.
    Thanks for all alpha versions, I tried all of them and with the last one I'm very happy.

I have reached over 1.7 GHz on shaders clock, keeping cpu core at 648 MHz and DDR3 up to 2.1 GHz.

Latest NVidia drivers seems to give us more overclocking gain, expecially with shaders (sorry for my poor enghlish but I hope you'll understand what I mean).

Anyway congratulations for your hard work, I'll never thank you enough.

Be well,
    DarkNiko.

7. Unwinder

I’ve just analyzed overclocking interfaces of recently released 163.71 drivers and found some interesting things:

1) NVIDIA returned old good proportional ROP/shader domain overclocking with these drivers. Now any overclocking application, which _does_not_ support new shader domain clock control features, overclocks both ROP and shader domains synchronically just like all pre-163.69 drivers. So now you can also overclock systems to your old pre-163.69 clocks with the tools like ATITool, PowerStrip and nTune without facing clock limitation due to clock asynchrony. However, if the application supports new shader clock control interfaces (like RivaTuner 2.04 and newer) it will be also able to control domain clocks completely independently. It is definitively a good step from NVIDIA side, it will stop endless “I cannot overclock my GTS higher than 594MHz with new drivers” discussions in different forums. I guess I can now add a PowerUser entry, allowing users to disable shader clock control support at all. So you’ll be able to use independent or linked shader control with new UI, as well as disable shader control support completely and return UI to pre-163.67 state (just a single core clock slider) if you wish.
    2) It seems like I’ve found relatively easy way of implementing SLI overclocking support for Vista in RivaTuner. I don’t give SLI users any promises and hopes right now, but at least is worth trying. Are there any experienced RT users with SLI system and Vista willing to test it?

New alpha version will be available tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  8. king_frool

king_frool New Member

GPU:
    Club3d Geforce 8800GTS 640MB Rev. 3
    Hi Unwinder.
    First of all I want to thank you for the great work you do by developing RivaTuner. Keep up the good work!
    I may ask you if I can participate testing RivaTuner Alpha.
    I've sent you a pm containing my e-mail addy.

Greetings!

9. mameira

mameira Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    Unwinder can you send me the update version? i haven't received any update :(

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    Its more cosmetic question then bug report.. but can it be added a option to directly show main icons, without clicking on triangle icon right from customise... ? or is it like that because to keep main menu simple and smallest? :)

11. Unwinder

spajdrik

They were there in the very first betas of RT in 2000. That time there were just 2 or 3 buttons, now the amount of buttons growed up drastically and Main tab's space is rather limited. So it won't change back, sorry. If you need to perform quick access to any desired module - use module activation launch items for that. It allow you to create launch item then quicky opening any tab of any module (e.g. driver-level overclocking tab) via tray menu or even via hotkey.

12. Unwinder

I've just sent alpha 5 to testers. Changes list includes:

- Added new NVAPIShaderClockControl entry to PowerUser tab. This entry can be used to disable new overclocking module UI. You may set this entry to 0 and this way force RivaTuner to hide shader clock controls even if the driver supports it and show you just core clock slider like it was with pre-163.67 drivers.
    - ShaderClockRatio is obsolete and no longer exists. Now ticking “Link clocks” always results in using VGA BIOS default shader/ROP ratio.
    - Added experimental SLI overclocking support for Vista.
    - Extended adjustable clock limits from 25% - 300% to 10% - 500%.
    - Miscellaneous minor UI changes and fixes (e.g. ticking “Link clocks” has not caused “Apply” button activation before, etc, etc).

13. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS
    Thanks for the latest update. Cant test the SLI as i dont have this, but tested the other uppdates, poweruser tab NVAPIshaderclockcontrol is working fine when set to 0.
    Working fine with latest nvidia beta release.

14. Unwinder

Gentlemen,

I think we can stop 2.05 alpha-testing now. New overclocking features seem to be stable, I’m satisfied with current UI appearance and it will become the final one. So I can stop the development and start closed beta-testing of 2.05 today. It will take about a week as usual then we’ll release it to public.
    I’d like to thank the most active alpha-testers by adding your names to RT’s about tab.

sam3000
    Janekx
    Deliverator
    spajdrik
    RedDracoNL
    scoobydoo

Please give me your full names/nicks and I'll add it to the list of testers showed in RT’s about tab. Hurry up please, I’ll be able to include them in 2.05 if I’ll receive the names within a day or two.

15. phoenix8

phoenix8 New Member

In version 2.04 when in Task Manager, and look at Processes. The description shows 2.03

Not a major thing, but maybe you want to check this is fixed for 2.05

Also, I would love to try the beta test version if you would be kind enough to allow me to.

16. Unwinder

17. phoenix8

phoenix8 New Member

OK cool :) Keep up the great work.

18. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

Wasn't able to use the PC for a bit, tested the latest alpha today, everything around overclocking works seamlessly (as usual) and that error/warning someone mentioned isn't bothering any more either (actually I thought it's intended so I never touched that thing).

Obviously I can't tell anything you don't know already - I don't have SLI either, or know anyone for that matter.
    Looks pretty final (as I've told earlier :)), go rest, I don't know what else there is to add to the program at all. ;)

I've sent a note so you may add my nick differently (if you plan on adding) since this nick is a mask.

19. Unwinder

Thanks for report.

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    Using today version, I have enabled link clocks and for example
    GPU shows 648Mhz, Shader clocks shows 1600Mhz it should have, but HW monitoring shows 1620Mhz, is it suppose to be like that?
    675Mhz, should be 1667, HW monitoring shows 1674.
    689Mhz, should be 1689, HW monitoring shows 1674. (gpu clock change, shader clock dont change)
    Can report more differences if needed, spajdr out :)