Rivatuner v2.04 released

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Rivatuner v2.04 released

RivaTuner is a complete powerful tweaking environment, providing you everything you may need to tune NVIDIA GPU based display adapters. The widest driver-level Direct3D / OpenGL and system tuning options, flexible profiling system allowing to make custom settings on per-application basis, both driver-level and low-level hardware access modes, unique diagnostic and realtime hardware monitoring features and exclusive power user oriented tools like built-in registry editor and patch script engine make RivaTuner's feature set absolutely unmatched. RivaTuner supports all NVIDIA display adapters starting from Riva TNT family up to the latest GeForce 8800 series and widest range of NVIDIA drivers starting from the oldest Detonator 2.08 up to the newest ForceWare drivers family. And much much more.

You can check full revision history right here.

Download - http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163
    Version 2.04, wat's new:
    • Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added database for ForceWare 163.67.
    • Added Catalyst 7.9 drivers detection.
    • Updated Catalyst 7.9 certified SoftR9x00 parch script (for Windows 2000/XP drivers only).
    • Added new ForceWare 163.67 overclocking interfaces support. Please take a note that by design of new NVIDIA drivers ForceWare's NVAPI overclocking interfaces no longer scale shader domain clock when raster domain clock is changed on G8x graphics processors and provides completely independent shader domain clock adjustment interface instead. It means that all overclocking tools supporting traditional overclocking interfaces (e.g. RivaTuner, ATITool or PowerStrip) change raster domain core clock only when overclocking core with these drivers. Now RivaTuner is the only third party overclocking tool supporting new independent shader domain clock adjustment interface too and able to overclock it with these drivers. Currently shader domain overclocking in RivaTuner is available for power users only and is exposed as user adjustable shader/ROP domain clock ratio represented by ShaderClockRatio registry entry. The next version of RivaTuner will provide independent shader domian clock control directly via overclocking GUI. Please take a note that by default it applies to Vista ForceWare 163.67 only, however Windows XP owners may also force RivaTuner to use Vista-specific NVAPI overclocking interfaces by setting NVAPIUsageBehavior registry entry to 1.
    • Updated RivaTunerStatisticsServer v2.4.1 bundled utility:
      • Added OSD coordinates bounds checking to Direct3D10 OSD rendering code. This feature is provided as a workaround for some early Direct3D10 drivers not performing internal bounds checking of supplied data and tending to work improperly when OSD is rendered outside the screen.
      • Improved race condition preventing algorithm in the hooking system. New algorithm improves compatibility with multithreaded rendering engines (e.g. Bioshock) calling frame presentation routine concurrently from different threads.
    • Updated D3DOverrider v1.5 bundled utility:
      • Considering that triple buffering is normally being used in conjunction with vertical synchronization, now D3DOverrider gives you options for forcing VSync for DirectDraw, Direct3D8, Direct3D9 and Direct3D10 applications. Similar to triple buffering forcing options, new VSync forcing options are fully hardware and OS independent and can be used to force VSync under any OS on both NVIDIA and ATI GPU based display adapters.
      • Similar to triple buffering forcing events, VSync forcing events are also automatically sent to RivaTuner's event history panel. Please take a note that it applies only to Direct3D8 and Direct3D9 VSync forcing events which are performed once per application lifetime. DirectDraw and Direct3D10 VSync forcing events are performed at per-frame due to specifics of DirectDraw and Direct3D10 API so they are not reflected into event history panel.
      • Improved race condition preventing algorithm in the hooking system. New algorithm improves compatibility with multithreaded rendering engines (e.g. Bioshock) calling frame presentation routine concurrently from different threads.
    • Improved hardware monitoring module:
      • Improved event history panel. Now event history panel's tooltips are able to display text for multiple application specific even markers registered in the same time (e.g. triple buffering and VSync forcing events sent to event history panel by D3DOverrider).
    • Added Vista power broadcast messages support. Now suspended mode related features like pausing monitoring module in suspended mode and restoring various settings after suspended mode are also available under Vista.
    • Improved installer. Now the installer allows altering PunkBuster related protective options, so you can easily disable the protections completely if you don't play and games with PunkBuster or you can reduce protection level if you use some security related software products blocking protected processes activity.
    • Added update installation logging feature. Now RivaTuner fully documents process of each update installation into Updates.log file in the application folder.
    • Minor UI changes and improvements.
    Download - http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

2. Unwinder

Dear forum visitors,

After multiple battles with aggressive newbies, which are enjoying their bans now, I change the way of dealing with those, who refuse to read documentation and don't use search. I still read and analyze any posting, but if I see that you've submitted documented question of false bugreport , you’ll be simply redirected to this thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=238078

Please don’t expect any personal comments from my side after receiving the redirection.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  3. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
    looking good here! (downloaded from nvworld.ru)

many thanks for your fantastic work and continued support of such a great product!

4. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS
    Excellent, thanks for all the hard work.

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    This is killing me, i used to be able to force vsync by clicking on an arrow under the driver name detected thingy, i'm using a 2900XT, and currently under Windows Vista 32-Bit, been waiting the entire week and checking every single hour for the release of this program, but i still can't see that arrow which allows me to force vsync and edit all those options ... is the place changed or something, plz help me out here ... :D Tnx

6. Unwinder

Just start D3DOverrider application bundled with RivaTuner (you can find a link to it in Start menu in RivaTuner's folder). It will reside in memory and force TB ab VSync for all subsequently started applications.

7. hansje

hansje Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 980GTX OC
    Thanks for all your work and time :cheers:

hansje ;)

8. jamie.boner

jamie.boner New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8700M GT
    I just want to know why nobody with geforce M series can't oc with new drivers 16x.xx and can with other drivers....Nvidia has locked his drivers or what??

Thx for your help

9. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Thank you!

I'm back to my old overclock now 612 core/1404 shader/1800 memory.

10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wonderful! Overclocking now works as usual. Manged to squeeze bit more out of the shader domain too.

Thanks!

11. justifireb2b

justifireb2b Member Guru

GPU:
    3x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI
    Great work Unwinder, finding out how to make the shaderclock adjustable.
    Sli setup happy @ 730/1736/2160 (shader 2.4)

12. bigspin

bigspin Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GForce 7900GTX
    Cool....Thanks .this works fine on my Aspire 5920G lappy

13. Jeffbea

Jeffbea Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 640
    Great

This is good stuff. Thanks Unwinder!

14. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Strange problem with 163.67, found with this version of RivaTuner (but I cannot say if it's a RivaTuner overclocking utility problem or a 163.67 driver problem)!

If i re-load "default" clock setting for my 7900 GS RAM (@660 Mhz) after the overclock (@796 Mhz) the RAM remains @796 mhz!

[​IMG]

And when I load overclock profile the RAM settings are applied only when a 3D application starts, not immediately!

Help!

15. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Finally got the pleasure to test out the new rivatuner 2.04 and it's seperate shaderklock adjustment. My XFX 8800GTX 630M has a standard clock of 621/2000, but to mutch annoyance, XFX has kept the shader on 1350mhz, the same as a standard clocked GTX. I always thought I had some untapped performance left in my card, and after upping the shader to 1566mhz, the card proved me right by boosting my 3dmark2006 score by nearly 900points, and seriously upping SM 2.0/3.0 scores, all this with core/memory at default levels.
    Well done Unwinder, thx for some free performance...:cheers:

14251points in 3dmark2006: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=3063349

16. Unwinder

It must be so by design of the ForceWare and it acted this way for ages. The driver changes clocks on-the-fly only when the performance level you're programming is selected.

17. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
  18. Unwinder

sam3000

Good job, thanks.

19. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060

But why RAM clock remains at same level when i click "Defaults" o when i load a profile created by me with default settings?

The only way to load my - created - "Default" Profile (450/661) is:

*load profile
    *move RAM clock to 660
    *click on "Test"

And now RAM is @661,50.....OK, but i think it's not the best way to return @default :D

20. Unwinder

Once again, your changing RAM clock for 3D performance level and expect to see immediate changes when you're in 2D mode. They won't be applied by driver unless 3D perfoemance level is activated. Change 2D performance level clocks to see the result immediately when you're in 2D mode. You're misunderstanding basics. Let's stop the discussion please to avoid wasting time, just slowly reread what I've written.