RivaTuner v2.03

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Aug 27, 2007.

1. power3dfx

power3dfx New Member

GPU:
    7600 gt oc
    first off hi everybody, i am a long time computer enthusiast (as the name indicates!) and been having a problem with vista x64 and any OC tool.
    Atitool and Rivatuner both worked for about a week, and now they never work anymore. even after upgrading to newest version's 2 times so far, still nothing.
    i followed every step for the driver installation, vistabootpro set to disable driver signing, uninstall and install 10 times, nothing worked. I was really excited to see the signed driver, congrats and it establishes Rivatuner as a premium OC software tool/utility. The file is 19552 just as one member indicated, so i know its properly installed.

After trying riva and even atitools many times, i decided to try powerstrip. It worked!!! Now after a week, powerstrip wont OC at all. No matter what i try.
    Whats wrong with vista??? Why the hell does it do this, i never had any problems with any OC tool in XP.
    Any help would be really appreciated, the 7600gt needs to be overclocked to achieve acceptable framerates on the games i play, but cant get Riva to work :(

note: running latest forceware drivers beta 2 i think it was 163.44 vista business 64 bit

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  2. dalcipran

dalcipran New Member

i'd like to test D3DOverrider v1.5 too
    thanx in advance

3. AcmE85

AcmE85 New Member

GPU:
    NV 8800GTS 640mb @650/1020
    Could u send it to me too, please?
    thanks!

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Guys, I don't send a tool for those who just want to play PES with VSync ASAP! I need the testers with RT usage experience, not gamers!

5. AcmE85

AcmE85 New Member

GPU:
    NV 8800GTS 640mb @650/1020
    Ok, no problem... have to wait.

6. DavidXPS

DavidXPS New Member

Need some help please...

I can't get it to work with the 163.44 vista 32 drivers on my Asus G1S. It has a nvidia 8600m GT (G84m). The card is based on the Desktop G84. I did a clean driver install from the control panel after running driver cleaner. I then installed v2.03 but it still won't allow for overclocking.

Any suggestions? ..Could it be due to a lack of having mobile flag coding?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  7. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    Overrider works fine with everything i've tried: Stalker, cs source, bioshock, fear, lost planet, and even bf2142 with punkbuster enabled. Thanks a bunch Unwinder!! BTW, is there an option in riva to turn off "render frames ahead" or the ati equivalent?

8. Massive Overkil

Massive Overkil Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640 700/1000
    I did this and 2142 is trouble-free with this setting.

9. Guz

Guz Active Member

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    After some more testing found out the bioshock glitch where vsync turns off automatically after the game restarts renders the force vsync option in overrider ineffective. This is in dx10 BTW. :(

10. Unwinder

First, system requirements section clearly tells that only desktop graphics cards are supported. Second, if you're thinking that it is possible to help you with so detailed "I can't get it to work" problem explanation then you're seriously mistaking.

11. Unwinder

No, RT doesn't provide any driver twekas for ATI crads. Use ATT for that, ATI drivers allow adjusting flip queue size, which is ATI equivalent of NVIDIA's prerender limit.

12. Unwinder

Thanks for reporting. ;)

13. Unwinder

Weird. That could be expected for DX8/DX9, where VSync is forced only once during initializing the renderer. Under DX10 VSync forcing is done during each frame presentation, so there shouldn't be any dependence on the renderer restart. Anyway, thanks for reporting. I'll investigate it after getting BIOSHOCK (it is still not selling in Russia, sould be available for sale on 14th of September AFAIK).

14. paul9619

paul9619 New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1900XT with Accelero S1
    Any chance of testing the D3DOverrider Unwinder?

Cheers

15. Unwinder

Just wait a bit. Closed 2.04 beta testing has been started today, public release of v2.04 including new D3DOverrider is expected within a week.

16. paul9619

paul9619 New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1900XT with Accelero S1
    Ok cheers, I'll keep my eye out

17. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS(G92)512 x2 S

Awsome, thank you for your hard work Unwinder. :cheers:

18. DavidXPS

DavidXPS New Member

Sorry for not supplying more specifics earlier.. This is what is happening.. When i set the sliders to the clock speeds that i want, and then hit ok, they revert right back to the stock speeds. v2.03 has no effect just like the prior version of Riva Tuner when useing 160.xxx drivers.

Just to let you know.. Your prior version of Riva Tuner worked like a charm on all notebooks useing 150.xxx and below drivers, and everyone was useing it (until the 160.xxx series of drivers stopped it from working).

If you can help out that would be great. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  19. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    I've a little wired issue with RT 2.03 + Forceware 163.44 + Vista Ultimate 32bit.

The tray symbol hides itself after running a 3D application. Mark the icon as Show always does not help, the setting does not stick.
    When I switch from german to english (Vista language pack) the setting will stick, guess it is Vista issue.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  20. Unwinder

Cannot help you with that. It is driver's limitation, not Rivatuner's one.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2415223&postcount=4