RivaTuner v2.03

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS(G92)512 x2 S

I had NOD32 running when I installed RivaTuner v2.03 and I had no issues. But I also had an option disabled called "ThreatSense.net Early Warning System" set to off, maybe that made a difference?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Maybe. Also, it may be OS version related. What OS are you running? Currently I see similar reports from those who start RT with NOD32 under WinXP SP2.

3. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS(G92)512 x2 S
    Im running Vista Home Premium 64bit.

4. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 GXT
    Hey Unwinder, is there any I make it so the OSD on my G15 does not start on Riva Tuner every time I start my system? I tried turning off "allow program to force itself to the foreground of the lcd", but every time I restart it is rechecked.

Sorry if I'm being retarded I just cannot figure it out.

5. Unwinder

You cannot use mentioned setting in G15 control panel because it only affects persistent applications like plugins for own Logitech software.
    However, you can totally prevent RT from connecting to G15 LCD on startup via setting MapOSDToLCD to 0 in the PowerUser tab. In this case you can still bind G15 LCD connection to a hotkey, so you'll always be able to use it to show RT's info there if necessary.

6. kirk121

kirk121 Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS
    Just wanted to say my thanks to www.techpowerup.com that made it possible for RivaTuner to have a signed driver. And as always to Unwinder for the great program that I cant live without

7. diogocv

diogocv Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire HD4850
    Problem solved guys, thanks!

8. Unwinder

Done. D3DOverrider 1.5 providing both TB and VSync forcing for DD/D3D8/D3D9/D3D9 is ready.

Gamergod

Wanna test it?

9. looqas

looqas New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800GTS 640MB OC
    Very nice program.

Any chance techpowerup will sign Vista 32-bit driver version so that this whole UAC/Defender startup blocking hassle will go away? Pretty please?

The blocking is annoying and besides is a bit hazardous for me since my 8800GTS will go to over 70C because the fan is running at 60% unless I unblock the rivatuner thus giving fan profiles a chance to run.

10. Unwinder

It is not a question of signed/unsigned driver. Administative tools are always blocked at windows startup by design of UAC.

11. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Sure do, damn impressive again!

Send it to my email, will test as soon as receive, thanks!

12. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I'm off work tomorrow, I'll give it a shot unless I happen to try it tonight. I will be using BF2 plain which is now also affected.

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Just tested with BF2 (not 2142)

Set PowerUserProtectedMode=0
    Shut down RT
    Restarted RT
    Played in a server for about 20 min. No issue.

Keep in mind I had major issues after BF2 PB update recently. I would crash in < 10 min. I have PB_Sleep 500. Last night I installed 2.03 and played with no issues. 2.03 fixed it.

I hope you get other postitive reports.

EDIT: Hold on. I just looked in Poweruser tab and the setting was at 1. It will stay at 0 as long as RT remains running, if I shut down and restart RT, it changes state to 1 automatically.

Am I missing something?

[​IMG]

My point is, disregard my results. Will test more tomorrow when I have feedback from you. I'm pooped right now.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  14. Barton C++

Barton C++ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Thanks Unwinder, and also big thanks for the signed driver (this will save my F8 key !)

I really like the ability to show info on G15 LCD.

15. Unwinder

Yep, that's different registry entry. Process protection is disabled via ProtecttProcess (located at System node) registry entry but not via PowerUserProtectedMode (located at Power User node).

16. Unwinder

Gamergod

v1.5 sent.

Any more triple bufering fans around? ;)Anyone else wish to test new D3DOverrider v1.5, which now forces both VSync and triple buffering?

17. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 GXT
    Thanks a lot for the speedy reply! Is there a doc I can read about hot keys? I don't know how to set them up.

Also I would like to mention I am a huge triple buffer fan. I always try to force it on from the nVidia control panel if I need Vsync on in a game and it doesn not have a triple buffer option in the game.

18. Unwinder

Launcher tab -> Add new item -> Regular item -> OK -> Type launch item name (e.g. "Connect to G15") -> Tick "Associated application" -> Select one of predefined command-line based actions instead of <custom application> ("Connect to LCD" in your case) -> Configure hotkey in the "Associated hotkey" field -> OK
    Now you may start this launch item via RivaTuner's tray menu or via hotkey (if you define any).

If you wish to test D3DOverrider v1.5 - send me your email via PM.

19. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    [​IMG]

Played with this mode at 0 for about 45 min. No problem.

20. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I will. :)