RivaTuner v2.01

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Apr 30, 2007.

1. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

I see Hilbert Hagedoorn used RivaTuner to display the clock speeds and temperatures of a
    2900XT. What the secret? I've tried and searched but have come up dry on the configuration
    changes needed to use RT with a 2900XT for monitoring.

Thanks
    Viper

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

v2.02 which he used in his review is not available to public yet.

3. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

Oh darn. I am sitting here with (3) 2900XT's (two of them the 13 1/2" long , 2lb 7.4 ounce, 1gig GDR4 cards) and was hoping to do some graphs on them to match the graphs on the 8800 Ultra's.

It doesn't sound like you are getting much of a break from coding RT Unwinder.

Thanks
    ViperJohn

4. Unwinder

If monitoring graphs is the only thing you need and you can promise that you won't distribute it - I can send you early version of 2.02. It is not yet support R600 completely (e.g. overclocking is not implemented yet), but monitoring and fan control modules are already functional.

5. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

Yes monitoring and graphs are all the functions I need. I have OC'ing the cards covered. MainGear.Com sent me two 8800 Ultra's and two 2900XT OEM card to work up and then mod them all. I want to make nice before and after reports for them with temp and clock graphs they can use to compare visually.

As in the past when you have sent me pre-releases I Defintely will not distribute it. It is for my use only.

Thanks Big Time
    ViperJohn

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  6. Unwinder

7. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

Got it and thanks!!!

Viper

8. warezme

warezme Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    2.1 breaks my SLI performance

Thanks for the release it does look great but everytime I install (8800GTX x 2), SLI mode slows way down below single card performance.

I thought it was my latest drivers so I backed down to 97.94. Rebooted and SLI sped back up to normal. Thinking this was the fix I reloaded R2.1. The only settings I use is fan use 100% and display temps for both cards. I enable the load Riva via reg on boot up option. After enabling this and retesting SLI was degraded again.

I uninstalled R2.1, rebooted and SLI went back up.

I went back to 158.22 and R2.0 and all is working normal again..., hmmm, don't know what it could be.

Your efforts w/2.1 are appreciated but there is some sort of glitch with them and my system. just FYI

9. Unwinder

Don't think so. Cannot get it working - simply don't use it. I'm 100% certain that the "glitch" is in your actions.

10. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    2.01 ****ed up my 6800xt pretty bad, it won't even fuction normal again after deïnstalling rivatuner 2.01. It only functions proper on Vista standard drivers. Non of the Nvidia drivers works normal. It there a sollution so everyting works fine again on riva 2.0 final and forceware 158.18?

11. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    Uninstall your driver and also use Driver cleaner to deleate ALL files.

12. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    Didn't work, I think there are still some files on my pc from rivatuner but I have no clue where, and how to remove them.

13. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    Absolute Uninstaller ;)

14. Unwinder

DON'T play with NVStrap blindly if you don't know what are you doing. Then next time you won't claim that it ****ed up your PC.

15. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    Well it worked perfectly with version 2.00 final of rivatuner and in 2.01 I unlocked the same pixel pipelines and the same pixel shader so I don't think thats really the problem :$

16. Unwinder

There are no changes in NVStrap pipe unlocking between 2.0 and 2.01. You did something else (e.g. overriden PCI DeviceID) in 2.01. Check your actions.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  17. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    I did try to OC but I couldn't even test the speeds, there just didn't happen anything at all when I clicked on the test button so I closed te windows by puching cancel. Had this problem before but back than my card would work fine after rebooting or in the worse case reïnstalling rivatuner but now that just won't work. My card words fine at the moment because I'am using Microsoft drivers but the framerates are still a bit lower and there are some compatibility problems with these drivers. I guess it will be fixed after I formatted my PC, I was planning on doing that anyway because I wan't to run my 80gig HD's in raid 0 but if anyone knows a sollution I am happy to hear it (Absolute installer didn't help either).

18. Unwinder

Are you sure that you've really used RT in the past? I'm sorry but I'm under strong impression that you're seeing it for the first time in your life. Clock frequency stress-testing which is performed by ForceWare when you press Test is instantaneous and performed in split second. And nothing is supposed to happen unless the test is failed. And it was this way for years! And it is explained in documentation:

Q: Starting from version RC15 I see no progress bar when testing clock frequencies on my GeForceFX. Is it normal?
    A: Yes, it is normal. This version introduced instantaneous driver-level stress test feature. There is no need for displaying any progress bar because the test is performed in a split second.

Guys, if the software is just too complex for your understanding and you've never used it before - PLEASE just spend a few minutes on reading the documentation instead of coming here, claiming that you know how to work with it and forcing me to reproduce your false bugreports.
    I verify EACH posting and I spent WHOLE THESE WEEKENDS trying to reproduce false problem reports posted by begginers in this forum. It is extremely expensive for me, because I'm doing that instead of working with commercial projects and instead of having a rest with family.

19. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    Well I remember that when I used it on XP there was someting showing it was testing. I don't mean a complete 3D test ore something like that but a small bar. But I found the possible problem. If I let the clockspeeds be detected without rebooting Riva detcts them but there is no mark in front of Enable driver-level hardware overclocking So I will try detecting after a Reboot. Although I am not using another OC program, I have OC'ed my graphics card with a biosmod. I don't know if that should be a problem? It was no problem with 2.00 op XP, and not riva still detects the speeds I OC'ed to but as I said, Enable driver-level hardware overclocking isn't switched on.
    It may look like I am working with Riva for the first time but I'am using it about 1,5/2 years. Maybe the problem is that I can't really put what I mean to words because I'am not that good at English.

20. Unwinder

NO. Read Q&A quoted in the previous posting. You don't even have to read whole FAQ, just the thing I've quoted for you. Is it so hard?

So you are comparing tweaks you've done under XP with 2.0 versus twekas you've done under Vista with 2.01 and making a conclusion that 2.01 is the reason of your problems? Don't you think that you're comparing comletely different driver and OS architectures, don't you think that Vista is a _way_more_ GPU consuming due to Aero?

I'm afraid that just a few more of such bugreports will finally push me to "no free techsupport, don't want to think - pay money" idea.