RivaTuner v2.01

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Apr 30, 2007.

1. shrach

shrach Member

GPU:
    560TI
    I have pretty much the same problem. I have an AGP 7900 GS with 20/7 shaders, but RivaTuner v2.01 (and previous versions) show it as:

256-bit G71 (A2, 16pp,4vp) with 256MB DDR3.

Uninstalling bootstrap doesn't change it. I'm relatively sure the card is working properly. (Although I did also have a 6800GT in the past)

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

My bad, it looks like I've nailed the problem down. There was really a typo in hardware database, causing AGP G71 devices to be classified and handled as G73 ones. You may fix it by opening RivaTuner.cfg in any text editor, finding [GPU_10DE] section and replacing NV49/NV4B entries with:

NV49 = 290h-29Fh,2E3h-2E4h
    NV4B = 390h-39Fh,2E0h-2E2h

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  3. shrach

shrach Member

GPU:
    560TI
    NV49 = 290h-29Fh,2E3h-2E4h

Did the trick, thanks man!

4. dderkits

dderkits New Member

Спасибо

- David

5. war59312

war59312 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 470
    Um, I must be blind.

Dont see that statement on your first post or here:

http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=5254

Perhaps it would be wise to add to both then. Sorry!

Did not notice the small "Refer to 'Known issues' section to get more detailed info." on first read. OR at least make that in bold or something.. Just an idea...

Perhaps add "Known issues" to the page above as well? Sorry, I missed it. Sure most have as its pretty darn hidden in there...

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  6. Jay_Man

Jay_Man Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640MB in SLI
    Hey Unwinder... Thx alot for this update... You absolutly rock... I cant believe nVidia cant do what you have done with rivatuner to sort out the issues they have had controlling fans on 8800s with vista and ntune and you have done it so soon... I didnt expect it this soon... Now Vista is even better than my XP setup... Thx again

7. michaelbart0n

michaelbart0n New Member

GPU:
    sapphire 1950gt x2 (crossfire)
    Thank you!

8. ansov

ansov New Member

GPU:
    MSI 7600GS
    Thank a lot!
    2.01 work fine on Vista 64 bit, but I hope that you can make digital signature for RT in future.

9. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    Let's prey that there will be more releases in the future. I was suprised when I saw this release.

10. ansov

ansov New Member

GPU:
    MSI 7600GS
    Jelle Mees
    I hope ;)
    Unwinder
    Is signature check cancel for RT only or for all software?
    Is 2.01 uninstall recover digital signature check? (I hope that never uninstall RT!)

11. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    thanks

i have a small issue, since 2.01, if i have stats server running games wont start, no error message or anything, although steam will give "win32 structured exception at 77C48103: Attempt to read from virtual address 659 without appropriate access rights"

when not running, games start fine, if i start the game, then start stats server game disappears instantly

happens in both xp and vista, Firefox and Opera suffer too :confused:

i may of solved my problem, unticked 'Enable LoadLibrary Hooking'

:leave:

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  12. Unwinder

I won't sorry. I freely develop software and freely spend time here in the forum and it is ok, because I like it. But paying $500 from my own pocket in addition to it _every_year_ (yes, you've to pay such amount to signing service every year if you're willing to sign _any_ driver) is just too much.

13. Unwinder

Yes.

No, of course it is not. It is up to you to restore it with bcdedit.

14. Unwinder

Don't touch this option without need, it is disabled by default not just for fun. Use it only in the profile _only_ for the applications, which cannot display OSD without it.

15. Unwinder

On statistics server issue:

Just did a quick investigation and reproduced the problem on my test rig with "Enable LoadLibrary hooking" enabled in the server's properties. My apollogies, the option seem to be completely corrupted in the current release due to internal hook infrastructure changes mentioned in changes list. I don't recommend to use this option at all.

16. ansov

ansov New Member

GPU:
    MSI 7600GS
    Thank for information.
    The MS price for driver signature is really high :(. I did not have detailed information about it when wrote my post.

Thank for 2.01 release very much!

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  17. matteh80

matteh80 New Member

I can't unlock pipes on my 6800LE in Vista, it worked in XP. Any solution to this? =)

18. Unwinder

You're doing something wrong, check your actions.

19. Raziel5000

Raziel5000 New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800gtx x2 (SLi)
    Thanks Unwinder. i have been missing the sound of my fans running at 100% lol. seriously thanks man for continueing to do your thing. I got this working with Vista Ultimate x64. haven't tried OCing anything, i don't think i will till nvidia comes out with some better drivers, but i can control my fans now!! Thanks again!!

20. krusher_r

krusher_r Member

AutoFanSpeedControl

First of all, thanks for putting the time into this program. I have been using it for some time, and felt the only improvement I would make is a way for me to change the automatic fan setpoints. I read the guide that makes adjustments at constant duty cycles and thought "I wish I could just adjust the built-in setpoints".

Now that I can adjust them with your tweak above, can someone decode what the fields mean? For example, T range, T operating, T low limit and T high limit. Here the defaults in my 8800GTX:

Duty cycle min = 60
    Duty cycle max = 100
    T min = 72
    T range = 32
    T operating = 82
    T low limit = 72
    T high limit = 92

So it has to get to 92C to reach 100% duty cycle? :flame: :)

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere already.