1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RivaTuner + SoftR9700 (R9500 into R9700) !!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loafer87gt

loafer87gt Member

Delerium,

As the url says, that new 9500 board is a PRO board. So far no one has spotted a 9500 non pro board with the ram chips all above the GPU.

2. delerium

delerium Guest

Thanks for the clarification, i just saw "the new board" and freaked heh. I'll read carefully next time.

3. PIRATA!

PIRATA! Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA
    Hi!
    Can some one please, please, PLEASE help us from Italy with this mod??

I know that in a few weeks there will be a software that will 'transform' a 9500 128MB NON PRO in to a 9700 / PRO, but we would like to made the hardware mod.

After all these incredible news of the hardware mod, alot of us whent to get the Sapphire ATLANTIS 9500 128MB NOT PRO. Even me I will get that graphic cart on next week.

Here is a shot of the graphic card in case that we can get in stores here in Italy:
    PCB http://www.sapphiretech.com/media/9500/9500boardshot.jpg
    Retail Box http://www.sapphiretech.com/media/9500/9500boxshotsmall.jpg

All of the people here that got this graphic card made the resistor hack and then the bios upgrade, BUT THE MOD DIDN'T WORK!!!

We think that the bioses used/tryed are not the correct ones because no one of them active the new 4 pipelines available.

Can some one tell me if there is some user here that have ever made the resistor/bios mod with a Sapphire ATLANTIS 9500 128MB NOT PRO with success and, most important, with wich bios???
    Can you share that bios with me??

Can you tell me everything you know about the features and particular things that a 9500 128MB MUST have for to be used for this hardware mod to be shure that we will get a WORKING 9700 128MB /PRO???

Thank you... and please, please, PLEASE help us with this thing.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  4. TrIpLeSiCk

TrIpLeSiCk Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTX SLi
    PIRATA!

Once u make the hardware hack on a 9500 non-pro 128MB, u essentially turned it into a 9700 non-pro so u have to use the hacked bios for a 9700 non-pro to overclock it to 9700pro version.
    Maybe u guys used the wrong bios.

5. warp11

warp11 Guest

6. PIRATA!

PIRATA! Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA
    Excuse me guys, but we can't find a way.

I have opened a new thread here.

warp11... please come to visit it.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

You must run it only once after installing new drivers.

8. Unwinder

The changes are reverted after the Catalyst reinstalling.

9. Unwinder

The changes will take an effect only under OS, where you installed patched drivers. So you may have regular R9500 under w9x and R9500 modded to R9700 under wxp.

10. Unwinder

One press-sample of 128-bit R9500 64MB from ATI (i.e. reference R9500 board) and two Sapphire Atlantis R9500128MB (256-bit bus). I need to specify the last board brand (it was tested by other person).

11. Unwinder

RivaTuner will allow to overlclock any R300 based board (including FireGL X1/Z1) if overclocking is not locked in the drivers (DeviceID based protection). If overclocking is locked, you'll have to change BIOS (just reset bit 1 of byte 0x74 and increase checksum by 1) or use SoftR9700 script.

12. Unwinder

Yes, two of them (as I've stated before).

13. RedShirt

RedShirt Guest

Unwinder,

Thank you for all the work you have put in this script and RivaTuner.

I can hardly wait to test this out on my new Radeon 9500 128MB card.

14. Upke

Upke Member

GPU:
    Sparkle geforce 4 TI 4200 8X 128 MB
    I think Ill sell my geforce 4 4200. You think I can get 180,- for it? So I Can buy a new radeon 9500 128mb?

15. mengy

mengy Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 6600GT 128MB
    I'm betting my 9500 128mb np from newegg.com
    The description:
    ATI OEM RADEON 9500 128MB DDR BULK
    Specifications:
    Chipset: ATI RADEON 9500
    Memory:128MB 128-bit DDR memory
    Supports the new AGP 8X standard (2.0 GB/sec)
    Unique VIDEOSHADER™ engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals
    ATI's latest FULLSTREAM™ technology removes blocky artifacts from streaming Internet video and provides sharper image quality
    SMARTSHADER™ 2.0 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications
    OEM Box (see pics)