Rivatuner Latest 7.3.3 problem on 22H2 windows 11

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by PanosXidis, Mar 9, 2022.

1. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
    Hello rivatuner latest on insider build 22567 on cpu usage hes wrong read check on photo how to fix that? Screenshot_1.png

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    You can't trust Task Manager's readings to be correct, it does stupid things by including CPU boost vs. base block for calculations. Check with hwinfo, it probably confirms AB/RTSS readings -> Task Manager is wrong.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its not wrong, task manager Process tab on 10 and 11 displays the usage with frequency scale factored in, and it will look artificially higher as a result of those differences.

RTSS/Process Explorer/Task Manager Details tab does not.

Task Manager Process tab shows CPU usage differently

4. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
    on 22000 build no problem but on this new build is a problem!!!and on 22572.1 again problem

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    take it up with microsoft.

PanosXidis likes this.
  6. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Could be Windows 11 problem, i'd keep Windows 10 20H2 until Windows 11 is fully grown and compatible.

7. ryoohki360

ryoohki360 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte/GTX660TI/2GIG
    I have the same problem with 22H2 (latest beta witch should be the RTM) but with Ryzen 5900x.. RTSS showing 2-5% CPU usage in a very heavy CPU game, actual Task Manager show the correct usage on thread... it's been like this for a couple of revision ...

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Take it up with Microsoft.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is open source for those who believe that it is broken and I need to fix that.

10. mcplaza

mcplaza Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Eagle OC
    The CPU Usage reads wrong values with Windows 11.
    Something changed and now it is needed to use Windows 11 counters with some correction formulas.
    Maybe the image will help you start correcting this issue. It took some time to detect the right formula.
    There is one caveat with the formula bellow.
    In order to use x/("Processor Performance"/100) I had to change the name of the counter from % Processor Performance to Processor Performance . So it is needed to add both % Processor Utility and % Processor Performance then change the name of the last one to use it with the first. I hope you got it.
    Good luck.
    827-(2022-06-15) RTSS.png

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There is no correction to be made from software side, Microsoft and only Microsoft are responsible for ensuring their reporters are correct.

12. mcplaza

mcplaza Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Eagle OC
    Well, the CPU Usage from Internal HAL or Afterburner is reading wrong values with windows 11. I have nop idea where it takes information from.
    I don't know what has been changed but I fixed this way so I can have the correct readings. The corrections are for Windows 11 internal counters, they are in fact formulas using these counters.
    Are you sure Windows is responsible for something other than eventually change its own internal registers ?

13. Unwinder

Try to use search then (furthermore OverlayEditor is open source and you can peek inside it):
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/msi-ab-rtss-development-news-thread.412822/page-177#post-6021217
    That's the way every single CPU monitoring application is using to estimate CPU usage. There are close to zero chances that all existing app developers will start correcting it now.

14. mcplaza

mcplaza Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Eagle OC
    First of all, my only intention here was to offer a solution for the problem people are facing. There is no use for a monitoring app to be used without the correct data. At the moment I just want to use it and have the correct values. I did not ask for any mod or correction to be made, just offered a solution, maybe someone wants to keep using RTSS with correct values until things are fixed or changed. I do not want wrong values, it does not matter whos fault is it.

15. Unwinder

Then what's a point in asking "Are you sure Windows is responsible for something other than eventually change its own internal registers ?"
    It was documented weeks ago that native Win32 implementation everyone using is currently broken and performance counters can be used as alternate solution meanwhile.

16. mcplaza

mcplaza Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Eagle OC
    As I said, I was just trying to share what took quite a long time (for me) to find. Sorry if it is not helpful as I thought. I was really sharing the formula for use with internal windows counters as in the image.
    What I said about win11 and MS is do they really care about other apps by changing things once is documented.

To put a close on this matter.
    I really apreciate your work and want to thank you for the hard work and great product that I've been using for years.

17. mcplaza

mcplaza Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Eagle OC
    This problem with win11 has been fixed !! Now the CPU usage works.